Far Drop Crash Workaround

Moderators can probably alert @jefXfree about this in the PS Classics Topic as they can report this to the developers, and knowing that the bug is related to System Language, it'll be easier for the devs to identify the issues and fix them.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, jefXfree said:

Thanks all.  It's likely that this workaround will work with any EU language since that uses the EU version of the game.

We'll work on getting the US version addressed.

Thanks for the assist!

I'm glad it helped!!

Let's hope for an official fix, but at least now there's a way to complete the game even if it means to start a new game

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Dark-Twisted said:

I’m playing the EU version (have been using English UK from the start) and I’m stuck at the Far Drop crash. So the issue probably runs a little deeper than ‘EU version works, US version doesn’t’.

Apparently for EU version, UK doesn't work, you need to choose German or Spanish (from Spain, not LATAM) (maybe some more). I think I read in Reddit another user with UK language and it had the same issue

Edit: if you choose Spanish on your system, can you load the save? And with English (USA)?

Edited by CharlyXero

On 3/28/2024 at 1:30 PM, CharlyXero said:

Apparently for EU version, UK doesn't work, you need to choose German or Spanish (from Spain, not LATAM) (maybe some more). I think I read in Reddit another user with UK language and it had the same issue

Edit: if you choose Spanish on your system, can you load the save? And with English (USA)?

I’m not too sure, honestly don’t want to start over since I’m already set to do a PS4 and PS5 playthrough and I’m hoping a patch will be available very soon… I think I also read somewhere changing to Spanish will fix it, but just hoping the emulation team are aware the fix might need to be more than a “set it to run the UK version” kinda thing 😅

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Milktastrophe said:

I was able to get past the crash a couple times but if I try to land, talk to the pirate radio, or save and load then it just gets stuck loading infinitely.

You have to restart. It will stuck there forever. I also did this on my soft lock playthrough.

Change the language of your system which is described above or wait for a patch. 

16 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

You have to restart. It will stuck there forever. I also did this on my soft lock playthrough.

Change the language of your system which is described above or wait for a patch. 

Some people won't want to start over, this point is like 30% of the way through the game. It's useful to know that even if you get past the crash, you can't actually continue the game.

8 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

Some people won't want to start over, this point is like 30% of the way through the game. It's useful to know that even if you get past the crash, you can't actually continue the game.

That's why I said if you or anybody don't wanna restart (which is understandable) they have to wait for a patch. There is no other workaround.  At least for now.

Luckily this game is relatively short. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

You can get there in one hour if you go just for the main story. But yeah, still it's understandable, but sadly, right now the only options are to restart the game or wait for a proper fix.

And still, i wouldn't even be surprised if the fix requires players to start a new game.

On 4/7/2024 at 7:06 PM, awsmpotato said:

might restart my game with this solution unless its patched soon, thank you. my console is set to english (US). dont mind more jak and daxter in my days anyway

Yeah, as a Jak fan, I wouldn't mind to restart the game. I mean, I got the platinum on both PS4 and PS5 the same week lol

On 4/7/2024 at 8:08 AM, aimeraya said:

Glad that i read this thread as i haven't gone far from the beginning, thanks for the solution.

You're welcome!! I hope my guide gets accepted so all players can see the advice easily, since I put the advice at the very start of the guide

Edited by CharlyXero