Do you need a subscription?

Someone posted on the dev forums yesterday that all base game trophies will autopop without a subscription but all DLC trophies require a subscription to pop trophies, even though the DLC content itself is now free. I think we will get more news from players over the next couple weeks.  

• Like 1

I can confirm, that the PS5 Version does NOT need a subscription!

I never had one, logged in my character (created on PS4 years ago) on PS5 version, and it instantly popped up the trophy Platinum Race. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

What do you mean Subscription? PS+ Subscription or DCUO membership?

I'm confused as usual. I don't have either. Is that why my PS4 trophies won't pop?

Back on PS4 you had to have a membership to pop any trophies. Though I read on Reddit there's a ps+ package that gives you a membership now. Maybe try that? I looked on the store page and couldn't see any free packages but I don't have the game downloaded, might be in game.

If you could give an update after looking that would be awesome. Thinking of jumping back on as I got 2 characters to level 10 back on the PS3, thinking of playing this again 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 2:14 PM, Kill-MC-Mildred said:

I read on Reddit there's a ps+ package that gives you a membership now. Maybe try that? I looked on the store page and couldn't see any free packages but I don't have the game downloaded, might be in game. If you could give an update after looking that would be awesome. Thinking of jumping back on as I got 2 characters to level 10 back on the PS3, thinking of playing this again 

Ok, I found it. It's in the market place. I don't see any deals. They are the same as the PSN store prices.

How old is that Reddit thing? It could have expired. 

Edited by TheDarkKratos

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2024 at 8:14 AM, x_xDarthAndyx_x said:

I was considering jumping back into this, how hard is it to get 100% of the Teophies?

Probably a 6/10 or 7/10 using the difficulty score this site uses. The DLC that has trophies are all quite old and they attempted to make it more balanced which has resulted in some of the trophies being a bit harder than they should. You are definitely going to need a dedicated group of players (8 minimum, a couple PvP trophies are in 8v8 games but alts can be used for the enemy team) Leagues can and will help since trophies unlock them in-game feats that are useful but it's easier to assemble a consistent group so you can always have a healer, tank etc.

With the hard trophies, it is just going to be trial and error. Death Rays of Sunshine alone took hours and maybe 15+ attempts. It can get very frustrating so take breaks if you need them and just make sure everyone is communicating as callouts are essential.

10 hours ago, Aecease said:

Probably a 6/10 or 7/10 using the difficulty score this site uses. The DLC that has trophies are all quite old and they attempted to make it more balanced which has resulted in some of the trophies being a bit harder than they should. You are definitely going to need a dedicated group of players (8 minimum, a couple PvP trophies are in 8v8 games but alts can be used for the enemy team) Leagues can and will help since trophies unlock them in-game feats that are useful but it's easier to assemble a consistent group so you can always have a healer, tank etc.

With the hard trophies, it is just going to be trial and error. Death Rays of Sunshine alone took hours and maybe 15+ attempts. It can get very frustrating so take breaks if you need them and just make sure everyone is communicating as callouts are essential.

Np, Thanks, do you have a good league that helps scrubs like me?

On 4/14/2024 at 2:55 AM, x_xDarthAndyx_x said:

Np, Thanks, do you have a good league that helps scrubs like me?

If you're on EU servers really the only solid consistant league is "TURKIYE" which seem to have been around since PS3? There's also Benevolens which I've heard is pretty decently sized. Most other leagues (including the one I'm in) kinda fluctuate in activity since the game is pretty dead. So those two might be your best bet. If you're on US I don't know what the best leagues are,but if you join the DCUO discord they have league adverts all the time.

On 4/15/2024 at 11:01 PM, Aecease said:

If you're on EU servers really the only solid consistant league is "TURKIYE" which seem to have been around since PS3? There's also Benevolens which I've heard is pretty decently sized. Most other leagues (including the one I'm in) kinda fluctuate in activity since the game is pretty dead. So those two might be your best bet. If you're on US I don't know what the best leagues are,but if you join the DCUO discord they have league adverts all the time.

Np, Thanks