Question about region tags

Hi,

I was curious how does region tags for games work exactly. I accidentally (mostly due to my poor knowledge and experience) bought two versions of Ball Lab game (which has versions for EU, NA and AS), one from Japan account and one from Hong Kong account and when I started both of those versions it showed me two different set of trophies.

After that I checked on this website that those two sets are from Asia and North America, but games were bought in Japan and Hong Kong.

How does it work? How do I know for which region I bought game if the region I am buying from is not listed as version for this game (e.g. game has two versions, for EU and NA, and I bought it on Japan account, for which region version I would get trophies?)

Edit.

Sorry, if this post is a duplicate, but I wasn't able to find any thread regarding that issue

Edited by Stworek007

Region tags are added manually by the staff here, the Game Information Team, and are added when it is confirmed what region the game is from, or there is a clear indication what region it is from by the region of the accounts earing trophies in it.

I'm fairly certain that the Hong Kong store sells either an Asian version of the game, or a North American version of the game. This is usually indicated in the store listing. So chances are you purchased the NA version of the game from the Hong Kong store.

The example you listed of there being a JP version, but there only being tags for EU or NA probably wouldn't arise, as a JP version would either be tagged as JP, or be a worldwide list that wouldn't be tagged.

There are instances where errors in tagging can occur as it's a manual process, and we have a thread to post any such instances so the Game Information Team can take a look:

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

I'm fairly certain that the Hong Kong store sells either an Asian version of the game, or a North American version of the game.

That possibly differs from Developer to Developer.

I recently bought two games from the HK store, and they are listed as EU-versions on PSNP :)

1 hour ago, dalailama1989 said:

That possibly differs from Developer to Developer.

I recently bought two games from the HK store, and they are listed as EU-versions on PSNP :)

In that case, the EU list is the Global one and the NA release is the standalone regional stack.

• Like 1