What am I missing.

I can't quite wrap my head around how to limit break the ships in this title.

I got plenty at lv 100, I have the needed cognitive chips.

I've cleared every mission in story with S rank; and so far upto extreme mission 52 w/ S rank 

All my lv 100s are at "Crush"

As far as I understand. They become "love" after the limit break. And I also got 17~70 of the needed 25 hearts for the rings needed for the "marrage" gallery.

I'm unable to awaken them in the dock/character screen

What am I missing?

Here's what I wrote in my Guide on .org:

Note: Credit to Avatar_Of_Battle and Masamune for confirming how you get this trophy.

To reach "Cognition Awakening", you need to reach Lv100 with a Ship then buy and use their Cognitive Chip to break their level cap and increase it to Lv200 but you can't buy a Cognitive Chip for any given girl until the following criteria have been met:

1: You have finished the main story

2: Your chosen girl has reached Lv100

3: You have 200,000 Coins and the requisite amount of M-I's (press :triangle: on the Cognitive Chip to show a list of the locations you can get their M-I's from)

Levelling up is a slow process in this but you can speed things up by having Amazon in your Support Fleet and maxing out her XP Increase Skill. If you get desperate and want to speed things up even more, then buy the Operation EXP Boost DLC from the PS Store and equip the Leader Training Manual item it gives you. The fastest way to level up, is to replay the early Extreme Battles since the enemies will all be at a very low level so will die almost instantly - rinse and repeat until all the non-DLC girls are at Lv100. Once a girl is at Lv100 and you have finished the main story, her Cognitive Chip will appear in the "Important" tab of the Research Facility but you will need 200,000 Coins and 10 M-I's for that girl before it can be purchased. To earn the relevant M-I's, highlight the Cognitive Chip then press :triangle: to bring a screen with a list of locations on it where you can find them.

After obtaining a Cognitive Chip, locate the relevant girl in the Dock then go to their stats page and press :triangle: to break the level cap and pop the trophy. To make it easier to remember who you have given a Cognitive Chip to and who you haven't, please use this tracking sheet I've created: LINK

If you want to get a girl to pledge themselves to you, do the following:

Note: Credit to BakaYanagi for confirming how to get this trophy.

To make a pledge to any given girl, you have to do the following with them:

1: Play with her enough, both in your Fleet and as your Secretary Ship so she falls in love with you.

2: Get them to Lv100, then use their Cognitive Chip (see "Pudding of Congratulations!" for some tips on levelling up the Ships).

3: Give a Promise Ring to her.

The fastest way to increase a girl's romance status with you is to replay Extreme Battle: 003 HE - Small Scale Fleet over and over, because you can finish it in under 5secs if your fleets are sufficiently over levelled. Just rinse and repeat this Battle approx 10 times and your chosen girl will soon be at Love status (which you can check by looking at the romance level in the top right-hand corner of their Status page in the Dock). Once that girl is at Love status, you need to farm 25 of her Heart Tokens to make a Promise Ring. The Promise Ring will appear in the Research Facility under the "Important" tab but you will need 25 of that girl's Heart Tokens to make it. To locate the relevant Heart Tokens, highlight the ring then press :triangle: to bring up a list that shows where they are. Heart Tokens can also be obtained as a one-time reward for watching each of the Episodes in the Episodes menu. Once you have the Promise Ring, propose to the relevant girl by going: Dock => select (insert name here) => press :triangle: then the Pledge to the Rose Goddess trophy will pop after a short cutscene - rinse and repeat until all 64 non-DLC girls have accepted your marriage request.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to tell how many times you've played as each girl or how many times they've been your Secretary Ship so please use this tracking sheet I've created: LINK

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Posted (edited)

Do I need more then just one cog chip?  I just noticed that I can buy multiple; just bought 2 for one other character.

If I'm reading your post correctly.. I meet all the requirements.

https://ibb.co/44D1xcV

https://ibb.co/sVPLBHq

https://ibb.co/9hkKsmX

https://ibb.co/80WZm3q

Edit: 

Also I think I read  that it should take about 10 battles w ship as your secretary to get them to max affection 

I'm using Shimakaze and have had her as main for prolog > ch3 when I saw ya had to up everyone's affection.

Just ran battle 003 in extreme 12 times and she hasn't gone over "crush" - 

Tho I say this well under the idea that crush is as high as it goes till you awaken them.

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You only need 1 Cognitive Chip per girl. Also, it has been years since I last played this game so my memory is extremely hazy on the whole procedure :(.

Well your info did help and give me an idea on what route to follow.

Going to keep working on the extreme missions till mission 100.  As the lv200 missions Well manageable they take to long at a lv100 gap.

Maybe I need to see all 52[?] Character events as well.

And I'm just missing event 50 lol

Edit:

Went thru  story chapters again  to see if I' was missing any battles even though I checked them all twice suddenly i got more event battles to clear 

So this could be my issue 

Edit:

Yup was missing 3 event battles in ch3.. that wasn't there last time I looked.

But now I can awaken the characters

If anyone eles ever has this issue.

You need to get "The one who sees all" trophy before the awakening option becomes avaliable 

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI
  • Like 1