TMNT: Wrath of the Mutants trophy thoughts

Ok I finally got the high score trophy called Ninja Master.  I played the TCRI stage on Normal mode, with Leo.  I kept my combo high throughout the stage and when I reached Tiger Claw, I farmed points as much as possible with the respawning enemies.  If you can score about 320,000 to 330,000 before beating Tiger Claw, that should put you over the 353,000 leaderboard score. 

Make sure not to damage Tiger Claw too much or else the other enemies won't respawn anymore and that actually happened on my first run.  And I'm pretty sure only one Turtle can get the high score so if you lose all of your continues then you'll just have to restart.  Luckily this method wasn't very difficult for me.  I just kept using the dive kick move then immediately used the spin attack after landing. 

Good luck.

Edit: Also if you want to keep you combo up during the TCRI stage then you can hit the krangs as they're running away to score another hit.

Edited by nino_mustdie

Finally got the plat and I can confirm that you don’t need to beat an entire level for items to count.  Once you grab an item, you can quit the level and go for it again.  

Stage 1, NYC, has a smoke grenade early in the stage.  You can simply farm that over and over for the trophy.  No need to fight Bebop and Rocksteady.  

Good luck 👍   

and booyakasha 🍕 

• Like 2

Okay I finally got the Ninja Master trophy and realised that Raph is actually glitched as his combos don't always count towards his score. After trying the NYC level with Raph for an hour I was only ever getting 13,000 points for multiple 100+ combos. Tried it with Leo got the high score the first time. Raph just doesn't have his combos count. Don't know if it is the same with Donnie and Mikey all I know is that Raph is glitched. Don't use Raph if you want to get the Ninja Master trophy 

On 4/26/2024 at 3:25 PM, nino_mustdie said:

Ok I finally got the high score trophy called Ninja Master.  I played the TCRI stage on Normal mode, with Leo.  I kept my combo high throughout the stage and when I reached Tiger Claw, I farmed points as much as possible with the respawning enemies.  If you can score about 320,000 to 330,000 before beating Tiger Claw, that should put you over the 353,000 leaderboard score. 

Make sure not to damage Tiger Claw too much or else the other enemies won't respawn anymore and that actually happened on my first run.  And I'm pretty sure only one Turtle can get the high score so if you lose all of your continues then you'll just have to restart.  Luckily this method wasn't very difficult for me.  I just kept using the dive kick move then immediately used the spin attack after landing. 

Good luck.

Edit: Also if you want to keep you combo up during the TCRI stage then you can hit the krangs as they're running away to score another hit.

Raph is actually glitched and his combos don't count towards points. I played the whole game as Raph as he's my favourite and his combos almost never count towards points. Did a couple levels with Leo and got the high score first time. Leo is the best option as I can confirm his combo points count

For the 1st place highscore trophy I played on easy and did it in 1 player on the NYC level.

Played normally up to Beebop making sure to grab and use all items right away.

Once at beebop I farmed the 1 footsolider and killed him over and over until I reached 200k in points. I did it here as beebops attacks are really easy to dodge.

After getting 200k points I then killed him and played the rest of the level as normal. Didn't have a high combo count once and I killed Rocksteady right away.

I ended up with 364800 points and 1st place is 33200 I think. So yeah it was pretty easy just a bit slower as you get less points per kill on easy. I think it was 350 instead of the 500 you get on normal.

Safer option but a slower one for anyone trying to get this.

Cheers,

• Like 2

Hey with the 4 player Co-op what controllers are able to be used. I have 2 regular PS5 controllers and a PlayStation Portal. What else am I able to use? Do Playstation Move controllers work or remote play. I do I need a whole other controller?

@Riley8284 Yeah I’m pretty sure Leo is the best option for combos.  I used Donatello extensively and I couldn’t get a high score.  Maybe further testing is needed but Leo is your best bet.  

Also SharePlay might work if you’re one controller short.  I have 2 other Hori controllers and one wireless Amazon controller.  With those I got the 4 player trophy.

On 4/26/2024 at 4:32 AM, nino_mustdie said:

Ok I finally got the Hard difficulty trophy.  Just use 3-4 controllers for extra lives and you should be good.  Make sure you spawn in the next turtle before the current one gets KO'd.  The last level is a bit hard so you may need 4 controllers (although I did it with 3). 

Now I just need that high score trophy and I have no idea on how to get it.

For the controller trick, do you select quick play and play as a second player or select your PSN name to switch controller/player?

5 hours ago, Admus_Prime said:

For the controller trick, do you select quick play and play as a second player or select your PSN name to switch controller/player?

When I’m at the character select screen, I push the PS button on my controllers and select a different profile that’s not my main account.  Then I have those ready when I begin the stage.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nino_mustdie said:

@Riley8284 Yeah I’m pretty sure Leo is the best option for combos.  I used Donatello extensively and I couldn’t get a high score.  Maybe further testing is needed but Leo is your best bet.  

Also SharePlay might work if you’re one controller short.  I have 2 other Hori controllers and one wireless Amazon controller.  With those I got the 4 player trophy.

I looked further into this an only Leo’s combos count towards the final score. Did the same run with Donnie and Mikey and got 0 combo score with both of them. Leo is the only one who works at the moment 

8 hours ago, Riley8284 said:

I looked further into this an only Leo’s combos count towards the final score. Did the same run with Donnie and Mikey and got 0 combo score with both of them. Leo is the only one who works at the moment 

Thanks for testing that out!  This will help others who are going for the trophy.