TMNT: Wrath of the Mutants trophy thoughts

On 4/22/2024 at 5:52 PM, Motherboop said:

Do we know if the PS4 physical has a free PS5 upgrade? 

23 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Yea, but would be nice to know if it applies to physical.

Alright I am your guinea pig here ready to report - No PS5 upgrade if you buy the PS4 physical, at least as of me typing this right now. From some quick google searches this seems to be normal with Game Mill published games I guess? Could be changed later I suppose, but, I don't really associate Game Mill with competence or quality, so not getting my hopes up.

I just went with the PS4 cause I have Shredder's Revenge, Mutants in Manhattan, and the Cowabunga collection on PS4 and wanted to keep things uniform from a collector point of view. And I doubt there is a huge difference between the two versions, probably just resolution (if even that.)

40 minutes ago, Longview01 said:

You can use remote play on ps4, I got the couch co-op trophy with 2 ps4 controllers and 2 ps5 controllers

Can you get the high score trophy with multiple players?  Or rather, are the scores combined if multiple players work together on one stage?  The high score trophy seems to be the most difficult 

1 hour ago, nino_mustdie said:

Can you get the high score trophy with multiple players?  Or rather, are the scores combined if multiple players work together on one stage?  The high score trophy seems to be the most difficult 

I got that on the normal and the shredder stage, wasn't even trying for it

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 8:41 PM, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

I know the game doesn't look that great, especially compared to Shredder's Revenge, but I'd like to ask everyone to buy it anyway so that Nickelodeon sees a demand for more TMNT 2012 media. 🥺

mCESN47.gif

I agree with you. TMNT 2012 is lit (it's my favorite interpretation of TMNT)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MidnightDragon said:

Does anyone know the difficulty trophies stack?

no they don't

24 minutes ago, nino_mustdie said:

Which character?  I’m guessing it’s not Donatello since I’ve only been using him

Leonardo, i've been using him the most

Any hints for Hard?  literally can't finish one level and really struggling

30 minutes ago, Longview01 said:

no they don't

Leonardo, i've been using him the most

Any hints for Hard?  literally can't finish one level and really struggling

Use 2 controllers, try to do the best you can with player 1, if you're about to die on your last life drop in with player 2, you'll get 2 more lives this way, it's still hard as hell but at least you'll have a last chance to try and finish the level.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Use 2 controllers, try to do the best you can with player 1, if you're about to die on your last life drop in with player 2, you'll get 2 more lives this way, it's still hard as hell but at least you'll have a last chance to try and finish the level.

Would this message work if you have four? I would assume it would.

@Longview01 I figured, but never hurts to ask

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Would this message work if you have four? I would assume it would.

@Longview01 I figured, but never hurts to ask

It does not, once the second character jumps in the others will be KO by default, so this will only work once.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

4 hours ago, nino_mustdie said:

Can anyone confirm that having four players makes Hard mode easier?  I can probably call up some friends irl but they live far away.

still only have a few lives and continues, best time for your friends to join in is as you are fighting the final boss and about to die

EDIT - done all of them except Shredder, I can get half way through super shredder and run out of lives :(

Edited by Longview01

Shredder's level is a pain in the ass, because of the three boss battles.  Try to get through the first boss with only one loss of life.  Use the 2nd controller trick on super shredder when your character is a about to die on him.  The last level is generous with Pizza's that you should be at shredder with only one life gone and at least half health on your current life.  I used Donatello and then Leonardo with the 2nd controller.  You will have to learn Shredder's attack pattern to beat him and chip away slowly with a few hits and then use your turtle power to cause big damage. Happy Hunting.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Longview01 said:

still only have a few lives and continues, best time for your friends to join in is as you are fighting the final boss and about to die

EDIT - done all of them except Shredder, I can get half way through super shredder and run out of lives :(

You can try to cheese the boss fights with a jump-kick-run away tactic, it takes longer to kill and the minions will test your patience but that way the boss itself won't even touch you.

Sometimes if you spam the double jump it also makes the boss miss you with their counters, but sometimes their attacks still hit you so it's not that reliable.

In case you're wondering i used Leo and called up Mikey to deliver the last 2 hits on Super Shredder.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Weeaboo2090 said:

with the 2 controllers method do you play for example 2 "continues" as leonardo and then when you have no continues left spawn in with michaelangelo and get 2 more continues?

Not continues, you just get 2 more lifes, it's not much but it should be enough to finish up the boss if you play it safe.

Also, make sure you spawn in a new turtle before the first goes down, or you'll get a game over.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

1 hour ago, nino_mustdie said:

How are PS5 players getting the Hard difficulty trophy more than PS4 players?  Does the game run better on PS5?  It’s a known fact that PS4 gamers are better players so that must be the case.

I belive most people here moved on from the PS4 to the PS5, so they just went with the PS5 version, that's all.

1 hour ago, Devil_Spooky said:

I belive most people here moved on from the PS4 to the PS5, so they just went with the PS5 version, that's all.

Well I'm only joking (maybe).  But I finally beat the first level on Hard mode.  I just used 3 controllers for extra lives.  Just barely made it though so maybe four controllers is better.

Ok I finally got the Hard difficulty trophy.  Just use 3-4 controllers for extra lives and you should be good.  Make sure you spawn in the next turtle before the current one gets KO'd.  The last level is a bit hard so you may need 4 controllers (although I did it with 3). 

Now I just need that high score trophy and I have no idea on how to get it.