Broken dialogue in Lara's Home post-patch, "Welcome to my Home" trophy possibly glitched as a result (PS4, ver. 1.3)

This is a warning for new players. After all the issues I saw other people having with trophies on release, I decided to wait, thinking that the patched version would play as intended. Sadly, it seems I was wrong. I have noticed yet another bug/trophy issue straight out of the gate, where the patches (definitely 1.3, possibly 1.2 as well) appear to break some of the dialogue in Lara's Home, such as the d-pad and jump commands (after jumping for the first time, she just doesn't say anything, no matter what you do), which seemed to glitch the "Welcome to my Home" trophy for me. I've depatched to 1.00 using a proxy server, and the dialogue works just fine on that version. You can see a few other players complaining about this in the comments section on this Youtube video:

This has truly become an example of exactly how to remaster a game, and exactly how not to add trophies to it. This is over two months and several patches after release.

There may well be other issues with the latest patch, I'll report them if and when they appear.

Edited by Fat_Pie123
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Is this trophy now unobtainable with the latest patch installed?

I'm not certain. It may be that if you do the movements correctly the trophy will pop (one of the commenters in the video I posted claims to have done this), but this is much harder to determine without the dialogue prompts. I will experiment.

I'm fairly certain that the dialogue issue predates the latest patch, but I can't check to see if that's true now.

Edited by Fat_Pie123
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

OK, I've confirmed that the trophy does still pop, but it's very difficult to know what to do without the dialogue prompts.

Follow the video above exactly, or depatch to solve this issue. No idea why the patches caused this problem.

Edited by Fat_Pie123
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Fat_Pie123 said:

OK, I've confirmed that the trophy does still pop, but it's very difficult to know what to do without the dialogue prompts.

Follow the video above exactly, or depatch to solve this issue. No idea why the patches caused this problem.

One of the devs said on TRF that it’s because console makers don’t appreciate generic tutorial lines. So because the tutorials don’t specify an actual button, like R1 for walking, they had to be removed.

Which is weird because there are still a couple lines in there, which don’t specify exact buttons either.

5 hours ago, madbuk said:

One of the devs said on TRF that it’s because console makers don’t appreciate generic tutorial lines. So because the tutorials don’t specify an actual button, like R1 for walking, they had to be removed.

Which is weird because there are still a couple lines in there, which don’t specify exact buttons either.

That makes absolutely no sense to me.

I'm wondering if that was just an excuse that was hastily made up, or if that dev is simply mistaken.

• Like 2

I'd like to also confirm that the trophy does still pop on current patch if you just follow the video posted above. I think the trophy is still tracking your activities like normal, but it feels strange since a lot of Lara's follow up dialogue is missing, whether intentional or not.