Free Fallout 1st Trial - April 16th to April 23rd, 2024, plus discounted 1 month memberships until May 9th

HuntingFever

For 1 week you can try Fallout 1st for free but do note the trial is very limited in what it offers. You get the increased ammo and junk storage, a 10% Score Boost, an additional Daily Challenge, plus a Survival Tent with a built in Scrap Box. See here for more details :)https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/1OWOoa4vD02lV8zh7p2fvE/fallout-76-test-drive-fallout-1st

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Been running the free trial since yesterday and oh boy do I have some THOUGHTS about this scummy subscription.

Simply put, it's a massive quality-of-life changer... and that's why it's so terrible. It's clear that Bethesda has offered a free trial for those of us who have held strong and the flood of new players who refuse to purchase it. But it's so obvious that the entire game has been balanced around it that I will not be renewing on principle! They even ruined the seasonal model for it. It's like they realised that the challenges are too easy and so they made half the rewards exclusive to 1st players now so that, even if you rank up, you won't have access to them. What a joke.

A shame because I think the game is in a better state than ever: enemy scaling means xp accumulates faster and food and aid is way easier to come by for those who don't invest perks in it (I'm flooded with stimpacks and cooked meals), but 1st continues to be a stain on the entire game. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Been running the free trial since yesterday and oh boy do I have some THOUGHTS about this scummy subscription.

Simply put, it's a massive quality-of-life changer... and that's why it's so terrible. It's clear that Bethesda has offered a free trial for those of us who have held strong and the flood of new players who refuse to purchase it. But it's so obvious that the entire game has been balanced around it that I will not be renewing on principle! They even ruined the seasonal model for it. It's like they realised that the challenges are too easy and so they made half the rewards exclusive to 1st players now so that, even if you rank up, you won't have access to them. What a joke.

A shame because I think the game is in a better state than ever: enemy scaling means xp accumulates faster and food and aid is way easier to come by for those who don't invest perks in it (I'm flooded with stimpacks and cooked meals), but 1st continues to be a stain on the entire game. 

I agree on every point. Fallout 1st, wouldn't be so bad if it was a lot cheaper and so many things weren't locked behind it :(. I could understand the private worlds and some other minor things being included but the extent it has permeated the game has muted the long term fun for me.

If you want games that do Seasonal Events right and don't try to hit your wallet hard each time, look no further than No Man's Sky and Deep Rock Galactic :).

• Like 2