Is the invite players broken?

I tried asking this on Minecraft’s set 1 trophy list but havent had a response.

back when the nether update launched is when i last tried

i invited a friend to my world and we would play together

years and years later now im noticing the invite players to my world feature isnt working

we keep just getting failed to load/join world messages, were both updated to the newest version of minecraft and signed into our Microsoft accounts

is there a known fix or is inviting players to your worlds permanently broken?

(edit: fixed typos)

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 2

As with anything Minecraft related, sooner or later the devs will break something, then pretend there's nothing wrong until it's fixed on the quiet a few months later so all you can do is report the problem, then go and play something else until it's fixed at some unspecified point in the future :(.

• Like 4

I had the same issue when trying to play with my friends a few years ago, its ridiculous that its still a problem. we were able to join on the older edition though but that's only accesible to people who played the game before december 2019.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

As with anything Minecraft related, sooner or later the devs will break something, then pretend there's nothing wrong until it's fixed on the quiet a few months later so all you can do is report the problem, then go and play something else until it's fixed at some unspecified point in the future :(.

Yes, they’re horrendously notorious for bricking their product, for a dev team with such a huge following and fan base, Theyre the most incompetent dev team i think I can name when it comes to breaking their games and taking Forever to fix it, if they even fix it

1 hour ago, samijon2004 said:

I had the same issue when trying to play with my friends a few years ago, its ridiculous that its still a problem. we were able to join on the older edition though but that's only accesible to people who played the game before december 2019.

i was talking MC with a new co worker and kinda bragging to him about my world, how i have 2,000 hours into it, i have all these afk xp farms and every obtainable block in the game, all the tamable animals in the game etc (and yes even the new dog variants they just added, i just finished that up shortly ago) and just saying that theyre frequently updating this ancient game and im still keeping up with it all, and he should play too

tl;dr he literally bought the game so we could play together and we cant, now i kinda feel bad talking him into it lol

but it just sucks in general i cant share my builds with anyone else now let alone my co worker

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem a few years ago so I resolved by:

Going to settings off the world, in the multiplayer section there will a switch for multiplayer game when on you can play online multiplayer but when off you can play split-screen.

That’s how I resolved my issue. Hope it works.