Impossible Boy is destroying me

bdias10

Guys I just made this thread to try to get some motivation to keep trying this by asking if anyone had 40 50h experience trying this or maybe even more? I have 22h trying and I cant get close, I got a 16 streak once and that was it, it feels so hard to get level 1,9 and 19 in a row and when I do I die for either 13 or 6 right away by pressure, there are least 10 really hard levels for me but 3 feels totally luck to get despiste all this time playing, really sucks :(

Edited by bdias10
Grammar

My strategy back in the day was to beat every level 10 times, and note the # of deaths on that level to clear it 10 times, then starting the runs ordering the levels with the most number of deaths first. It take some time but worked for me, good luck! And also take breaks!

Edit: Also try again the easy levels because on my case the easiest one was the level 12, and fucked up the trophy two times on that final level before finally getting it.

Edited by Steven-Spiegel
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

My strategy back in the day was to beat every level 10 times, and note the # of deaths on that level to clear it 10 times, then starting the runs ordering the levels with the most number of deaths first. It take some time but worked for me, good luck! And also take breaks!

I saw some guy with 60k deaths and wanted to talk to him lol, huge inspiration. Yeah, thing is I already know which ones are the worst and it really sucks to do them in a row deathless

2 hours ago, catstorm9 said:

What's killing you is anxiety, you're playing completely nervous and waiting for death, and to no one's surprise, it will happen. I think you can get this kind of infernal trophy after playing unpretentiously for a long time; dying and failing becomes so common that you don't care anymore, just keep trying and at some point the trophy will come.

At some point you will realize that muscle memory is almost playing for you on automatic, and when you are close to getting the trophy it might be good to take a deep breath and consciously take control for yourself.

What I'm really saying is what happened to me several times, at a certain point I just played on automatic after many frustrated attempts until the final attempt miraculously happened.

Yes, you are so right . It is crazy how it affects your gameplay and it is funny because when I got 16 streak I didnt care because I know I was going to die because I haven't cleared 19 yet lol, I will just do 2 3h daily maybe 2h and see what happen, I will keep going like u said without expectatives

8 hours ago, jamalovebad said:

Just got it a few days ago , my only advice is keep practicing and by time you'll get better , my nightmare was 16 but thankfully you can pause before you die .

This my successful run.

Congrats man, theres not much else to do besides trying a bit every day lol

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 11:47 PM, bdias10 said:

Guys I just made this thread to try to get some motivation to keep trying this by asking if anyone had 40 50h experience trying this or maybe even more? I have 22h trying and I cant get close, I got a 16 streak once and that was it, it feels so hard to get level 1,9 and 19 in a row and when I do I die for either 13 or 6 right away by pressure, there are least 10 really hard levels for me but 3 feels totally luck to get despiste all this time playing, really sucks :(

a 16-level streak is very close, just keep trying and you'll eventually get it. It shouldn't be a matter of "If I can beat it", more like "When". I've died once at the last level, I think it was 18, took a small break and got the platinum a day later. Mentality is what matters in the long run

Just now, B0nkeeerss said:

a 16-level streak is very close, just keep trying and you'll eventually get it. It shouldn't be a matter of "If I can beat it", more like "When". I've died once at the last level, I think it was 18, took a small break and got the platinum a day later. Mentality is what matters in the long run

Also, everyone is different, so if you spend 200+ hours on the platinum when people have done it in 50 hours and half the deaths, that doesn't mean you aren't good enough to beat it. I really do think anyone with enough motivation can beat SMB, you don't need to be some sort of God or anything, patience and motivation are the key 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 9:17 AM, B0nkeeerss said:

Also, everyone is different, so if you spend 200+ hours on the platinum when people have done it in 50 hours and half the deaths, that doesn't mean you aren't good enough to beat it. I really do think anyone with enough motivation can beat SMB, you don't need to be some sort of God or anything, patience and motivation are the key 

I got a 18 streak yesterday, could taste the plat and fked it up on the last hard level, I left 20 for one of the last and shame on me for that. I am 40h trying and I saw some crazy progress on the levels and I am for sure more consistent, but my biggest issue it is streaking levels 1,9,14,19,20. Those 5 are a pain for me, 19 not so much anymore but still, really annoying, the issue I found on Cotton Dark Alley is there are at least 10 levels that can easily kill you: 1,2,6,8,9,13,14,15 ,19,20 rather than 6 or 7 levels on Zombie or Girl Boy, 3 or 4 levels make a huge difference, I just got keep going and accept I can stay 100h until I get it , I just dont care anymore , I wont stop until I get it

Edited by bdias10
Grammar
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 12:19 PM, bdias10 said:

I got a 18 streak yesterday, could taste the plat and fked it up on the last hard level, I left 20 for one of the last and shame on me for that. I am 40h trying and I saw some crazy progress on the levels and I am for sure more consistent, but my biggest issue it is streaking levels 1,9,14,19,20. Those 5 are a pain for me, 19 not so much anymore but still, really annoying, the issue I found on Cotton Dark Alley is there are at least 10 levels that can easily kill you: 1,2,6,8,9,13,14,15 ,19,20 rather than 6 or 7 levels on Zombie or Girl Boy, 3 or 4 levels make a huge difference, I just got keep going and accept I can stay 100h until I get it , I just dont care anymore , I wont stop until I get it

It seems my level 3 is cursed or something, I lost a 18 and just about a 15 streak with the same bullshit and I try to replicate the mistake trying to figure it out what I did wrong and I CANT, this one of the easiest levels and it this just happen radomly, I do this 10 times in a row and it eventually this happen.Maybe someone can explain this to me? Here is the video 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Baker said:

What’s the bug? You can’t jump?

Bandage Girl just drops ramdonly after the jump and i cant jump right away even being on the wall making impossible to save myself from the saw, pretty much an insta death, it happens once in 12 15 tries, really weird 

Edited by bdias10
Grammar

17 hours ago, bdias10 said:

Bandage Girl just drops ramdonly after the jump and i cant jump right away even being on the wall making impossible to save myself from the saw, pretty much an insta death, it happens once in 12 15 tries, really weird 

I've never experienced this bug on level 3, strange 

what I can say is to do it right after the hard levels, so dying there won't be as brutal 

Update : I am seriusly going mental with this, 50h trying and I got 2 streaks of 19 failing on last 3 jumps on level 20 once, 3 strikes of 18, 1 of 17 with 3 easy levels left and a 3 with 16, it is so only on my head right now since I know all levels pretty well at this point and my nerves keep getting the best out me, I am so close but so far away at the same time

On 5/3/2024 at 4:40 PM, bdias10 said:

Here is the video 

I can't exactly tell what you're doing at the top there as there's no input overlay (I don't expect there to be one), however what I do know is that the game does not support buffer inputs. Because of that, you might be pressing the jump a few frames before making contact with the wall, and so the game "eats" your input. Try to experiment with that and see if that's the case, if it is then now you know, one more thing to make your runs more consistent hah.

Looking at your most recent message, it sounds like you're very close. Its common to get stuck on any hard challenge like this, so it's just a matter of time now really. Keep up the grind 🫡

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PunisherXD said:

I can't exactly tell what you're doing at the top there as there's no input overlay (I don't expect there to be one), however what I do know is that the game does not support buffer inputs. Because of that, you might be pressing the jump a few frames before making contact with the wall, and so the game "eats" your input. Try to experiment with that and see if that's the case, if it is then now you know, one more thing to make your runs more consistent hah.

Looking at your most recent message, it sounds like you're very close. Its common to get stuck on any hard challenge like this, so it's just a matter of time now really. Keep up the grind 🫡

Thanks for the message man, I already understand what went wrong there,  it is a very unlukcy thing that happens once each 12 15 times u do that level like that, so instead I choose to do smaller jump and hold X so I dont bounce on that top thing , it is risk free now,  thank God I have close friends that give me a lot support because otherwise this would be even harder, big respect for anyone trying this for real, hardest thing I ever tried on my life by far 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

I did it , I fking did!!! My suffering is finally over, took me almost 65h to get this done and it is by far the Hardest game I ever did, this trophy took My soul out me to get it! Thanks a lot for the ppl who send a message trying to help. Here is My run :

GG YOU ABSOLUTE BEAST! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jagz_Platinums said:

7 minutes ago, Jagz_Platinums said:

You are the next bro, I am watching your stream, use my videos they will help, if I did you can do it too bro, good luck man

• Like 1