Any broken trophies?

I can't seem to get the "Full Billow" trophy to work even on a Stoop ship (1-2 players, only one sail), but so far the 30 or so I have tried to go for have popped no problem.

Considering the game has nearly 200 trophies though, I wouldn't worry too much about broken trophies, especially so early in its Playstation timeline. Plenty of updates and fixes will come over the months and years, and unless you've already 100%'d it on PC or Xbox and are using the same account on PS to autopop, I'd just enjoy the game and try not to sweat the trophies until you've reached a point where you feel comfortable aiming for the majority :)

A few are currently broken if you already have existing progress but if you're completely new and only playing on PS5 then nothing should be unobtainable as far as I know. I believe there're still solutions for those with existing progress though, worst case scenario you can delete your pirate in the settings and start over again but I've not tested this and am waiting for a potential fix instead as they've fixed broken achievements on Steam before.

There is one thing people should know about the list though (other than it taking 1,000-2,000 hours to complete) and that's the specific pvp (hourglass) trophies. Boosting may be possible at some point but as a PC player hourglass is miserable if you're not super good at the game as you're required to sink 100 ships in that mode, as well as reach level 100 in both hourglass factions. Leveling can be brute-forced through intentional losses but is very slow and works best during double experience weekends. There are also a few trophies that will require other people (not just in your crew) and it's not easy to get into the same server as a different ship/crew (based entirely on PC experiences), the most noteworthy one is "The Legend of Glitterbeard" which requires 8 people to all play specific musical instruments in a specific spot all around a tree just as night falls so at minimum you'll need two 4 player ships for it. None of what I mentioned is in the main list though so if you're only focused on the platinum then it's not so bad.

There are definitely some buggy trophies like getting "Full Billow" and "Perfect Dark" that will just not cooperate but eventually ding. I've seen issues with "Laden with Treasure" not popping up immediately and long after the requirement is met with far more treasure on board than the trophy called for.
The full-on broken ones at the moment seem to be reserved for those that carried over from Steam or Xbox so far. We may need to wait a bit longer to see if new players have similar issues with trophies like "Pirate Legend" as that takes a bit of grinding to get through.

11 minutes ago, ProfessorHowl said:

There are definitely some buggy trophies like getting "Full Billow" and "Perfect Dark" that will just not cooperate but eventually ding. I've seen issues with "Laden with Treasure" not popping up immediately and long after the requirement is met with far more treasure on board than the trophy called for.
The full-on broken ones at the moment seem to be reserved for those that carried over from Steam or Xbox so far. We may need to wait a bit longer to see if new players have similar issues with trophies like "Pirate Legend" as that takes a bit of grinding to get through.

For "Laden with Treasure" it is important to know that not every kind of treasure chest counts for this trophy, only specific ones. They also don't need to be on board of your vessel, they simply need to be in your crew's possession. This means that as soon as you dig up or get hold of the 20th chest, it should pop, even if you are not on the boat.

1 hour ago, Secret said:

A few are currently broken if you already have existing progress but if you're completely new and only playing on PS5 then nothing should be unobtainable as far as I know. I believe there're still solutions for those with existing progress though, worst case scenario you can delete your pirate in the settings and start over again but I've not tested this and am waiting for a potential fix instead as they've fixed broken achievements on Steam before.

There is one thing people should know about the list though (other than it taking 1,000-2,000 hours to complete) and that's the specific pvp (hourglass) trophies. Boosting may be possible at some point but as a PC player hourglass is miserable if you're not super good at the game as you're required to sink 100 ships in that mode, as well as reach level 100 in both hourglass factions. Leveling can be brute-forced through intentional losses but is very slow and works best during double experience weekends. There are also a few trophies that will require other people (not just in your crew) and it's not easy to get into the same server as a different ship/crew (based entirely on PC experiences), the most noteworthy one is "The Legend of Glitterbeard" which requires 8 people to all play specific musical instruments in a specific spot all around a tree just as night falls so at minimum you'll need two 4 player ships for it. None of what I mentioned is in the main list though so if you're only focused on the platinum then it's not so bad.

How long would it take to only do the list that gives you the platinum? At first glance it doesn’t look too bad. 

Like everyone else said most of the bugged trophies are coming from when youve had prior progress on another platform. Im still waiting to hear back about some that were supposed to pop for me but havent.

2 hours ago, Bigaussiecheese said:

How long would it take to only do the list that gives you the platinum? At first glance it doesn’t look too bad. 

There's really nothing besides getting Pirate Legend which is just getting three factions to level 50 and is earned by doing their voyages, everything else is straight forward but a few might require a bit of patience, like getting another crew to drink grog at an outpost with. With enough knowledge and efficiency with things like playing with other people, stealing other ships loot, using the emissary system the moment you can, and playing on community weekends (double xp), you could be anywhere from 20-80 hours but I'd say to expect maybe 50-60 hours.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ProfessorHowl said:

There are definitely some buggy trophies like getting "Full Billow" and "Perfect Dark" that will just not cooperate but eventually ding.

Perfect Dark is an awful experience. Every light off (including personal lamp) and right through the eye of the storm, nothing. 😮‍💨 

Edit - Took me 6 tries, I didn't change my method at any point. Just seems random if it decides it wants to pop or not.

Edited by Skurkitty

some trophies are also bugged in a good way. I got "Walk the Line" immediately when I first walked a harpoon rope, instead of having to do it for 5km.

I brought over an existing PC character with like 600 hours on it and the only platinum related trophies that are bugged are the ones for unlocked 10 commendations and 10 pirate titles. I’ve unlocked about 60 commendations since playing on PS5 and my progress is 0/100 on the trophy tracker. Same with pirate titles. It was at 80/100 and I’ve unlocked like 10 titles since playing on ps5 and my progress went up to 90/100, so somewhere in there it counted 1 of the 10 I’ve unlocked as 1.  

There are currently 3 trophies that are not tracking on PS5. Progress is tracked on the website but not on the PS5 trophy itself. Once one of them is earned on the website then we can determine if it pops on Playstation. 

• Seeker of Lost maps: You dug Up 250 chests whilst on Gold Hoarder X Marks the Spot Voyages.
  • Merchant Adventurer: You correctly filled 250 animal crates whilst on Merchant Alliance Contract Voyages.
  • Seeker of Lost Souls: You defeated 500 skeletons on an Order of Souls Bounty Voyage.

another trophy that's bugged in a good way is Critical Roll. It says "You rolled a natural 20 using the Roll a D20 emote" but I got it rolling a natural 1. This increases your odds of rolling a number that nets you the trophy from 1:20 to 2:20.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, VereorChris said:

I finished the tutorials today and it didnt pop for me. So im assuming the tracking isnt working for me like some of the others here

If you are not the ship captain or you are playing with a group, the tutorial quests are not correctly registering and will need to be replayed. Additionally the tutorial quests seem to have issues registering completion if there is any internet delay occurring from slow internet connection to the server. I wouldn't call it a broken trophy to coincide with this forum topic but it has its quirks.

Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob

43 minutes ago, MiguelStein said:

The trophy for getting to level 25 of any emmisary is bugged too. I had them all at level 50 from PC and nothing.

I’m leveling reapers to 25 now to see if I can get it to pop. If it does I’m only missing commendation and pirate legend trophies.

9 hours ago, Janne_336 said:

I just can't get "Full Billow" no matter what. I have met requirements more than 30 times for sure and nothing. But I got "Perfect Dark" on my first try.

That trophy is not bugged, just keep angling the sale into the wind until you hear the sound.

I'm so confused whether or not the You Fight Like A Merchant trophies apply to normal NPC enemies or not, because guides seem to show that it should work on anything, but idk. Will it work on a crew member if worse came to worst?