Decided to get a gaming PC :)

xlIlIIlIIIlIlIlx

There isnt a single ps4/xboxone tittle that is impressive graphically and runs above 30 frames today, and if I were to follow that buget I am pretty sure it would be able to run games at low settings above 30 frames and 720p which is what the ps3/360 were playing in the end of their eras.

You mean PS3/360, not ps4 xbone right?

Considering PC's from 2006 (when the PS3 launched) which cost the same as a PS3 had 1 gig of RAM, they wouldnt even load up games like watch dogs.

Whichever games they do load up, the frame-rate wouldnt be stable.

Yes you might get 100 fps when you look at the sky, but it would drop down to 5fps when you look at objects, shoot a gun and cause an explosion.

the average frame-rate would be better on the PS3.

If you want, you can name a £350 PC spec and we can compare benchmarks throughout the gen.

No i mean current gen there isnt a cross plat game that looks 'good' and runs above 30 frames, unless you take indies under consideration. These are the ps3/360 specs rougly converted into pc hardware

AMD athlon x3 435 2.9ghz

2gb ram

hd4650

=£80 (obviously need all the rest so basically same price as ps3/360)

^that can run the likes of mw2 above 100 frames on low.

uh forgot to quote

Edited by Ellie

No i mean current gen there isnt a cross plat game that looks 'good' and runs above 30 frames

Many cross plat games run above 30 fps on PS4, like 

Wolfenstein (60fps, 1080p)

Battlefield 4 (60fps, 900p)

Call of Duty Ghosts (60fps, 1080p)

Murdered Soul Suspect (60fps, 1080p)

Fifa 14 (60fps, 1080p)

NBA 2K14 (60fps, 1080p)

Bound By Flame (30fps-60fps, 1080p)

your 50-70fps vs 15-20 fps is comparing a PC of TODAY to a PS3 of 7 years ago.

If you bought a PC on the same date and price as a PS3 when it launched, the PS3 would perform better.

If you want to compare a PC to a PS3 TODAY then you have to use a £150 budget which is how much the PS3 costs. If you want to go pre-owned then that falls to £100. PC's are not worth it for low-mid range unless for exclusives.

No doubt a high end PC kills consoles on multiplatform graphics, but thats a luxury most people cant afford.

Perhaps you're right about comparing a PS3 to a modern day PC being wrong, but you also need to keep in mind that buying a somewhat respectable rig that can run mostly everything at a respectable framerate and respectable settings will only set you back around $500. When I bought my PS3 back in December, the total I paid for the console itself (500GB model) and a couple of new and used games was around $475. The console itself I think was $259.99 or so. I can dig out the receipt if it really matters, but anyway, what I'm getting at is that if you'd like to get a respectable modern PC that is more powerful than a PS3, it wouldn't cost much more, and you'd have the opportunity to do much more on it than just play videogames. With the freedom that the expensive hardware gives you, it also gives you more opportunities on other sorts of things that you could use a computer for, like coding, programming, development, graphic design (even though it takes very little to be able to use Photoshop), running excessive amounts of programs to cut time on projects/work, etc. 

Another argument I could present for PCs is their libraries. You're able to enjoy many free games, many MMOs, an immense indie library, as well as basically all multiplatform games that are released for consoles as well. Both sides have pros and cons.

Edited by Gravesound
  • Like 1

Many cross plat games run above 30 fps on PS4, like 

Wolfenstein (60fps, 1080p)

Battlefield 4 (60fps, 900p)

Call of Duty Ghosts (60fps, 1080p)

Murdered Soul Suspect (60fps, 1080p)

Fifa 14 (60fps, 1080p)

NBA 2K14 (60fps, 1080p)

Bound By Flame (30fps-60fps, 1080p)

i said look good but i guess thats opinion based.

i said look good but i guess thats opinion based.

But they certainly wouldnt look better than how they look on the PS4 if they were running on a PC of a similar price.

No i mean current gen there isnt a cross plat game that looks 'good' and runs above 30 frames, unless you take indies under consideration. These are the ps3/360 specs rougly converted into pc hardware

AMD athlon x3 435 2.9ghz

2gb ram

hd4650

=£80 (obviously need all the rest so basically same price as ps3/360)

^that can run the likes of mw2 above 100 frames on low.

uh forgot to quote

you mean 'up to' 100 frames. But you forgot to mention it does down to 15 fps and the average frame rate would be lower and that would only be achieveable when the native resolution is set to the same as consoles but it wouldnt look as good since PC's dont upscale, consoles do.

And thats an old game. What about recent games? it wouldnt even load watch dogs and when GTAV comes out, it will be lucky to do 10fps assuming it doesnt crash upon loading.

• Like 1

MOBO: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
CPU: AMD FX 8150 8-Core
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000w
Grafix: XFX Radeon 8750 2 GB
RAM: Kingston HyperX 2400MHz 16 GB
Case: Fractal Design Define R4
Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60 + lots of Noctua NF-F12 fans (140mm)

Storage:
Samsung SSD 840-Proseries 256GB (OS)
Crucial M4 SSD 64GB (Programs, not games)
Seagate Barracuda 1TB (Games Installed and Backup)
Western Digital Green 1TB (Recordings, PS3/PS4/PC/Fraps)
Western Digital Green 2TB (Videos, all kinds)
Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry
probably forgetting some stuff too....

This is my build only, accesories too many to name as of right now.