[Answered] What's the status of this plat looking like currently?

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to nail down my next Platinum target, and Fall Guys is one of the more noteworthy ones I'm considering. I have a little bit of trophy progress in the game already since my existing original launcher trophies autopopped after I downloaded the new launcher and played for a very little while shortly before the game went free-to-play. I know it's gotten much easier over the years, but what exactly should I expect if I were to go for this now? What's the game's current state? How would one go about earning Infallible these days? Any trophy-related bugs I should know about?

Edited by blue_blur_98

Posted (edited)

With the recent changes from 7th May I imagine Infallible will be tough to get again. You only have 4 modes:

- Knockout (3 rounds, 50% elimination each round)

- Explorer (infinite creator rounds and you can leave at any time to claim rewards, not sure how winning works here but don't think you can get it here)

- Squads

- Duos

Best bet is either squads or duos with a good partner/team.

For the last lot of months you had Solo Chill, which made Infallible easy as you just had to finish each round, with a generous time limit given to do so. Even final rounds were only 45 seconds and allowed multiple winners.

To be honest they've removed so much, put a lot of the focus on Creator maps, and turned it into a bit of a shambles. I wouldn't recommend going for the platinum in its current state. The game isn't as fun these days unless you can find good Creator maps, but good luck getting consistently good ones when they're not-curated (this is confirmed in-game with the description for Explorer, they can't even be bothered reviewing maps to ensure good quality these days).

As for glitched trophies, I never got Low Baller. You'll have to hope you get a game in squads, though I haven't played that recently to know if there are even any suitable rounds there (Fall Ball, Sweet Thieves) that will give it.

There have been lots of reports of other trophy issues and there's never been any attempts from the Publisher/Developer to fix any of this, so if you hit one you'll likely be screwed out of the platinum.

Edited by Nauticus87

6 minutes ago, Nauticus87 said:

With the recent changes from 7th May I imagine Infallible will be tough to get again. You only have 4 modes:

- Knockout (3 rounds, 50% elimination each round)

- Explorer (infinite creator rounds and you can leave at any time to claim rewards, not sure how winning works here but don't think you can get it here)

- Squads

- Duos

Best bet is either squads or duos with a good partner/team.

For the last lot of months you had Solo Chill, which made Infallible easy as you just had to finish each round, with a generous time limit given to do so. Even final rounds were only 45 seconds and allowed multiple winners.

To be honest they've removed so much, put a lot of the focus on Creator maps, and turned it into a bit of a shambles. I wouldn't recommend going for the platinum in its current state. The game isn't as fun these days unless you can find good Creator maps, but good luck getting consistently good ones when they're not-curated (this is confirmed in-game with the description for Explorer, they can't even be bothered reviewing maps to ensure good quality these days).

As for glitched trophies, I never got Low Baller. You'll have to hope you get a game in squads, though I haven't played that recently to know if there are even any suitable rounds there (Fall Ball, Sweet Thieves) that will give it.

There have been lots of reports of other trophy issues and there's never been any attempts from the Publisher/Developer to fix any of this, so if you hit one you'll likely be screwed out of the platinum.

Yeesh. Sounds like a nightmare. Guess I'll think of another game to go for. Thanks for the response.

51 minutes ago, LukeTheGooner said:

Aw

Unfortunately I don't know anything about Trophies, I got the Platinum three years ago. The only thing I know for sure is that the newest update is shittier than shit and made me quit the game