Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain Pre-E3 Demo Gameplay

Whys that?

Well, a few reasons. First of all, the game-play isn't really what I was expecting: the controls aren't that smooth and the driving mechanics are fucking horrible. After playing a stealth game like Splinter Cell: Blacklist, the deficiencies in the controls and overall smoothness are thoroughly highlighted. Just to say again: this is completely my opinion and I am as massive a Metal Gear fan as it is possible to be, so I'm not just saying shite about the game for no reason. 

Also, whenever I was playing Ground Zeroes it really didn't feel like a Metal Gear game; that fantastic atmosphere that normally permeates each and every minute of previous games was somewhat absent. That's not to say Ground Zeroes was without its MG moments (even with its very short running time), but it was most certainly missing a little je ne sais quoi

Moreover, it is fucking weird to not hear David Hayter whenever I load up a Metal Gear Solid game - just saying. Much like Splinter Cell: Blacklist - which replaced Michael Ironside with some other dude as the voice of Sam Fisher - I just couldn't buy into the character, and the absence of such a distinctive, series-defining voice really made the game feel hollow.

Edited by Gotakibono