PS4 'Set up connection please wait' is taking forever..?

dagayghost

Hi, I just got my PS4 yesterday and I decided to set everything up for today, but I've been looking at the screen loading for almost 2 hours now and I'm not sure what's going on. Just to clarify what I mean; I'm trying to connect the internet in my PS4 so I can sign into my PSN account. However, I type in my internet password inside my PS4 and it will load, but it's been almost 2 hours and I'm not sure if it's broken or something. Everything seems fine. I tried looking every where and even asked what's the problem to Gamefaqs (worst mistake ever), but I found 0 soulutions. I would like supporting answers please.

I'm very frustrated and I turned it off and gave it a 2 hour break and tried to do the whole process again, but again no luck. Any suggestions? :-)

Edited by CrazyEmotions

I set up my PS4 properly and all that the day i got it, but i had no games for it so it has been sitting around for a few months until the other day. When i got on i got a lot of network errors! ugh it was annoying. i just had to keep refreshing the network and my friends list and everything, then it was working smoothly.

since you cant even get connected you may have to reset the database. that usually does the trick. when i got my ps4 set up i had lots of problems like you. i had to reset it at least twice i think. dont worry though it should work fine after that.

Are you wireless atm? I found my PS4 had all kinds of problems connecting to my wifi network but since i gave up and connected via cable its worked perfectly. Not always an option i understand. I wanna move mine upstairs but if the wifi sucks from accross the room theres little point trying from a different floor!

I also ran into this problem when I set up last week. I ended up using a cable to connect it for the first time and after I logged in with my PS account I was able to change the settings to wireless. Somehow that only took seconds to do instead of the hour I waited when setting up...