the Bleake Laire of the Daigashadokuro

Daigashadokuro

topbanner_002_10_8_14_by_izzy2014-d7uj39

credit to Blazikiller (Blazikiller) and ARKphoenix (Venocide) for conception, and to Jamm6512 (Uncle Jamm) (and, by extension, LeeMcD- (mumpel)) for assistance with the anchoring system

(to be updated as of each new Platinum trophy or 100% and the 1st of each month, except where specified)

all times are in 24-hour time according to my own timezone (GMT+10:00) and all dates are in DD/MM/YYYY

current as of approximately:

14/07/14

6:09:43

anchorbar_intro_001_dmy_23_6_14_by_izzy2  |  anchorbar_about_001_dmy_23_6_14_by_izzy2  |  anchorbar_shelf_001_dmy_23_6_14_by_izzy2  |  anchorbar_tunes_001_dmy_23_6_14_by_izzy2  |  anchorbar_stats_001_dmy_23_6_14_by_izzy2  |  anchorbar_goals_001_dmy_23_6_14_by_izzy2  |  anchorbar_rares_001_dmy_23_6_14_by_izzy2

anchorbar_vitrine_001_dmy_24_6_14_by_izz  |  anchorbar_platinums_001_dmy_24_6_14_by_i  |  anchorbar_psn_001_dmy_24_6_14_by_izzy201  |  anchorbar_plat100_001_dmy_24_6_14_by_izz  |  anchorbar_backlog_001_dmy_24_6_14_by_izz  |  anchorbar_current_001_dmy_24_6_14_by_izz

intro_001_dmy_23_6_14_by_izzy2014-d7uiyq

I'm gonna fix this thing up later.

In the meantime, bask in Phil Fish's unconditional love:

tumblr_inline_nb1wt5OrQg1qhldn9.png

to top

about_001_dmy_23_6_14_by_izzy2014-d7uiyx

[edited x-post from A New Challenger Appears... Albeit Belatedly]

I'm Louis. That's Teutonic, it's not like Lewis, it's like -ee. Cool stuff. Means "famous warrior". I'm 16. I'm from Australia. The East Coast, born and raised... heh. GMT +10:00. That's no fun. I can't boost anything properly on GMT +10:00.

So I like a lot of different genres, but I tend to stay away from fighting games, racing games and strategy games (including MOBAs, although they're closer to third-person action-RPGs...). In comparison, I stick mainly to the aforementioned action-RPGs, more intensive RPGs and jRPGs... and I wish I could play some of ye olde cRPGs on PS3, like damn (I'm just aching for an Ultima 7 remake). I guess that just means I freakin' love RPGs in whatever shape they ship in - not to say that I don't like other things, like the occasional third-person shooter such as Just Cause, Saints Row, etc. I've never been one for the FPS scene, though. My backlog is piling up, so I suppose once I start Platting the simple stuff you'll see.

Obvious examples I've loved from the genre include, well. Action-RPGs include Diablo 3... uh, Sacred 2 is another example that I've been glaring at for a little while now, played the hell out of it on PC and dying to Plat it... Same goes for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, though I never nabbed the DLC for the PC version so that'll be cool. The extent of my typical western RPG collection is basically Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2, neither of which I've booted up, mainly due to the fact that the DLC for DA:O costs over three times what I paid for the actual game. There are a few notable jRPGs on my list at the moment including Star Ocean IV: The Last Hope -INTERNATIONAL- ... then there's the obvious Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and 358/2 Days. I've been meaning to boot up Re:Chain of Memories but I simply can't bring myself to. Not yet, at any rate. I've got all of the Final Fantasy titles from the PS1-PS3 era, except for Lightning Returns, and a few of the handheld titles... and Nier. Outside of the PS3 jRPGs in my collection my favourite jRPGs are probably the Shin Megami Tensei and, by extension, Persona series, from both of which I own... many titles. I know, I know. SMT and Persona love is such a cliche around here. And of course there... just aren't any cRPGs on the Network (please, please give us Divinity: Original Sin on PlayStation). Apart from that, of course there are the third-person actions and shooters like Darksiders and Darksiders 2, Just Cause 2, The Saboteur, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, etc etc etc. Then of course, there are exceptions to my genre patterns such as the Ratchet & Clank series, the Bioshock series, the Hitman series, anything Suda51 craps out, and the Metal Gear series.

Most likely I'll end up Platting anything I fancy, especially due to the distinct lack of RPGs in any form on the Network.

With regards to what I do outside of gaming (I know it probably looks like that's all I do), I'm a student at a private school, I get some damn good grades, I do a bit of running (though of course I'm not great), I play the piano to some reasonable degree of proficiency and mainly play tracks from video games or anime that I'm into... as well as the violin, and sometimes I screw about with a guitar but that's not usually very productive. I enjoy building models, for example the typical Gunpla (although I get easily frustrated with them), and I used to be a commission artist, although I've inexplicably forgotten just about everything I ever knew about actual art. I guess it's just due to lack of practice, and I haven't found the time to pick it up again - I never got that much cash anyway, and it was never funneled to me in any really usable form, so. I watch anime sometimes but I haven't really watched enough to call myself an aficionado or anything. Apart from that... I guess I don't really do much. That's the extent of my activities. Oh - I enjoy writing. A lot. I frequent a few different play-by-post forum RPGs, but mainly Alex's DBZ RPG 5 and Mythweavers. I have no or next to no friends (at least, friends in any conventional sense), and I don't enjoy going outside. Goddamn, I'm a stereotypical otaku with only the addendum that I understand the social context of the term.

I guess I'm here to share a love of all of these things with you guys, make some friends, and lurk the chatroom, only making myself known whenever somebody mentions something I know enough about to hold a conversation over.

I'll try to stick some useful posts around here somewhere... anywhere...

Hey, you guys actually reading this section , you have a nice day.

to top

shelf_001_dmy_24_6_14_by_izzy2014-d7uiz1

Physical Shelf

shelf_by_izzy2014-d7o99x0.jpg

(NOT UP TO DATE)

Some corrections to ordering have been made after this photo was taken. I will not be updating the image until a new game is added to the shelf.

From right to left (I know, weird) in alphabetical order:

PlayStation 3:

shelf_a_by_izzy2014-d7of4me.jpgshelf_b_by_izzy2014-d7of4nn.jpgshelf_d_by_izzy2014-d7of4ol.jpg

shelf_e_by_izzy2014-d7of4uk.jpgshelf_f_by_izzy2014-d7of4x8.jpgshelf_g_by_izzy2014-d7of4vs.jpg

shelf_h_by_izzy2014-d7of5gi.jpgshelf_i_by_izzy2014-d7of5hs.jpgshelf_j_by_izzy2014-d7of5ju.jpg

shelf_k_by_izzy2014-d7of6bt.jpgshelf_l_by_izzy2014-d7of6cr.jpgshelf_m_by_izzy2014-d7of5xq.jpg

shelf_n_by_izzy2014-d7of6q7.jpgshelf_p_by_izzy2014-d7of6r1.jpgshelf_r_by_izzy2014-d7of6s5.jpg

shelf_s_by_izzy2014-d7of749.jpgshelf_t_by_izzy2014-d7of751.jpgshelf_w_by_izzy2014-d7of76n.jpg

PlayStation 3 Total:

127 physical games.

PlayStation Vita:

vitashelf_g_by_izzy2014-d7of7g4.jpgvitashelf_p_by_izzy2014-d7of7gy.jpgvitashelf_s_by_izzy2014-d7of7i0.jpg

PlayStation Vita Total:

physical games.

Physical Total:

130 physical games.

to top

tunes_001_dmy_23_6_14_by_izzy2014-d7uj1j

This is where I'll put whatever track I've been listening to each week. I'll embed the video, link the lyrics, explain a few things about the song and why I've linked it, and keep a list of each week's tracks. Maybe I'll end up turning it into a playlist.

Current Week (beginning 24th of August, 2014)

Way To Fall by Starsailor

track #5 from their 2001 album Love Is Here

lyrics from azlyrics.com

Artist Metascore:
Starsailor have an average career Metascore of 62.

Album Metascore:
Love Is Here earned a Metascore of 72.

What is this song about, or what do I think this song is about?:
Well, since it was used in MGS3, public opinion, as well as my own, is tainted. I can't make a judgement that isn't at least partly based on MGS3, so I opt not to provide a judgement in this case.

Why did I select this song as the track for this week?:
I'm making the final props for my post-Groznyj Grad Naked Snake cosplay this week.

Archive

August

#9: 17/8/14 - 23/8/14

Call It Off by Tegan and Sara

track #14 from their 2007 album The Con

lyrics from azlyrics.com

Artist Metascore:
Tegan and Sara have an average career Metascore of 73.

Album Metascore:
The Con earned a Metascore of 80.

What is this song about, or what do I think this song is about?:
I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and say it's about a breakup... I could be totally wrong, but somehow I don't think so.

Cheekbones McGee and Sara are the bombdiggity.

#8: 10/8/14 - 16/8/14

Kuusou Mesorogiwi by Yousei Teikoku

released as a single in 2011

lyrics from animelyrics.com

Artist Metascore:
Yousei Teikoku and their released albums and singles do not have entries on Metacritic.

Album Metascore:
See above.

As the song was intended to accompany the introduction to Mirai Nikki, it contains what is basically just a watered-down version of some basic plot elements.

I started watching Mirai Nikki this week. It's a very good anime.

#7: 3/8/14 - 9/8/14

Nimbasa CORE by pLasterbrain

released noncommercially on pLasterbrain's Soundcloud account

lyrics from herneworld.blogspot.com

Artist Metascore:
pLasterbrain does not have any officially released or reviewed pieces, and thus they and their music are not listed on Metacritic.

Album Metascore:
See above.

I can only imagine it's about a particularly unhealthy romantic relationship... fairly typical.

I've been listening to it on repeat and I'm not sure why - it's not really my kind of music. There must be something different about it that I can't put my finger on. Anyway, it's here because I like it, not to mention the fact that it's never a bad idea to promote aspiring artists.

July

#2: 29/6/14 - 05/7/14

Left of Center by Suzanne Vega

released as a single in 1986

lyrics (from metrolyrics.com)

Artist Metascore:
Suzanne Vega has an average career score of 80 on Metacritic at the time of writing. However this only includes the latest three albums of her eight released albums.

Album Metascore:
Both the single and the movie soundtrack containing this track were released before the advent of Metacritic and thus have not been rated.

It's a stupid, shallow song written for the soundtrack of Pretty in Pink. It's about a girl who's pining after some popular guy and moaning about how she's so out on the fringe that he'll never like her.

I was listening to the Persona 5 Imagining Project fan album (which you can find here) and there was a track that sounded very much like Tom's Diner. So I went and listened to Tom's Diner, and from there I got to Left of Center, and it's a good song, so it's the track for this week.

#3: 6/7/14 - 12/7/14

Delirium Trigger by Coheed and Cambria

track #5 from their 2002 album The Second Stage Turbine Blade

lyrics (from songlyrics.com)

Artist Metascore:
Coheed and Cambria have an average career score of 72 on Metacritic at the time of writing. However this only includes five of their six released albums.

Album Metascore:
The Second Stage Turbine Blade is absent from Metacritic in all of its forms.

All of Coheed and Cambria's albums are "concept albums" - albums inspired by a story or theme. Coheed and Cambria's albums all follow a continuous arc known as The Amory Wars, for which a comic series, a novella and a coffee-table book have been produced by frontman Claudio Sanchez, his wife, Chondra Sanchez, and an assortment of illustrators. Essentially, The Amory Wars follows Claudio Kilgannon, the son of Coheed and Cambria Kilgannon, who were IRO-Bots created by Dr. Leonard Hohenberger. In the events of Year of the Black Rainbow, Hohenberger was forced to implant a galaxy-destroying virus into Coheed by Wilhelm Ryan, the Supreme Tri-Mage of Heaven's Fence, the galaxy wherein The Amory Wars is set. Hohenberger wipes their memories and sends them away, at which point The Amory Wars properly begins. Coheed and Cambria are contacted by Ryan's agents, informed that their bodies contain the Monstar virus, and that it has mutated in their children into the Sinstar virus. They are compelled to murder their children, after which they are taken custody of by Ryan's agents. Delirium Trigger is the song form of the section wherein Coheed and Cambria escape their captives and attempt to escape the ship, eventually realising that escape is impossible and that there is only one way out. When Wilhelm Ryan mocks them, they make the decision to end their own lives in destroying the ship. Unfortunately, Ryan's general, Mayo Deftinwolf, escapes regardless.

I mentioned Coheed and Cambria in the PSNP chatroom and it turns out that LimeSamurai is a fan as well. I'm surprised that there's even one person on this site who knows of them, but perhaps that's just because I don't know many people in real life who listen to this stuff. Anyway, I thought it was appropriate.

#4: 13/7/14 - 19/7/14

Icarus by Michael McCann

released as part of the soundtrack for Deus Ex: Human Revolution in 2011

no lyrics available

Artist Metascore:
As Michael McCann is listed not as a creative entity but as an employee on Metacritic, he has no Metacritic rating and his individual ratings are based on the entirety of the works he composed for.

Album Metascore:
See above. As the rating on McCann's page for Deus Ex: Human Revolution is regarding the entire work, it cannot be used as an accurate rating of McCann's work alone.

As part of a video game soundtrack, it has no inherent meaning - it exists only to provide ambience and any meaning one may attribute to it is based on context.

I bought Deus Ex: Director's Cut on sale this week, and this is a damn good theme. I don't really need all that much more of a reason.

#5: 20/7/14 - 26/7/14

Metal Gear Solid Main Theme by Harry Gregson-Williams (arrangement by TheNovaProjekt)

released as part of the soundtrack for each Metal Gear-franchise game since Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty in 2001

no lyrics available

Artist Metascore:
As Harry Gregson-Williams is listed not as a creative entity but as an employee on Metacritic, he has no Metacritic rating and his individual ratings are based on the entirety of the works he composed for.

Album Metascore:
See above. As the ratings on Gregson-Williams' page regard the entire works, they cannot be used as an accurate rating of Gregson-Williams' work alone.

As part of a video game soundtrack, it has no inherent meaning - it exists only to provide ambience and any meaning one may attribute to it is based on context.

I added Metal Gear Solid 2 to the backlog this week, and this is one of my favourite themes of all time, and a great arrangement to boot. So there you go.

#6: 27/7/14 - 2/8/14

Toki Tsukasadoru Juuni no Meiyaku by Yui Sakakibara

released as part of the soundtrack for Steins;Gate in 2011

lyrics from animelyrics.com

Artist Metascore:
As Yui Sakakibara is listed not as a creative entity but as an employee on Metacritic, she has no Metacritic rating and her individual ratings are based on the entirety of the works she wrote and/or performed for - along with the fact that only two of the aforementioned works are listed on Metacritic as wholes.

Album Metascore:
See above. As the ratings on Sakakibara's page for her works regard the entire works, they cannot be used as an accurate rating of Sakakibara's work alone.

I have no bloody clue.

Just started watching Steins;Gate. This ED is slick as all get out.

June

#1: 22/6/14 - 28/6/14

Blame It on the Tetons by Modest Mouse

track #13 from their 2004 album Good News for People Who Love Bad News

lyrics (from azlyrics.com)

Artist Metascore:
Modest Mouse has an average career score of 74 at the time of writing.

Album Metascore:
Good News for People Who Love Bad News has a metascore of 83 and has the highest metascore of any full-length Modest Mouse album at the time of writing.

Isaac Brock is a very disillusioned and misanthropic man. Simply put, he doesn't like people in general. This particular piece is about his confusion regarding the way in which people so easily see themselves as perfect and infallible and how that leads us to quickly blame anything other than ourselves for our mistakes. This is pretty obvious considering the title of the song. The Tetons, of course, were a tribe of Native American Indians. The European settlers of America chose to blame the Tetons for the rapid extinction of the native buffalo when in fact, the eradication of the buffalo stemmed solely from those settlers, and "they needed a scapegoat now"... so you can see where the metaphor comes into play.

I haven't been listening to a whole lot of music this week, and I really like Modest Mouse. Since I wasn't exactly spoiled for choice, this was an obvious solution, since I've always loved the song. It's a discussion of one of the many elements of human nature that I've always found most confusing and frustrating, too, so that's cool.

to top

stats_001_dmy_23_6_14_by_izzy2014-d7uj1y

This is where I'll outline my trophy hunting progress in its simplest form - pure numbers.

Daigashadokuro

rVT5o.png Level 12 | 10%

BronzeLarge.png458 SliverLarge.png132 GoldLarge.png53 PlatinumLarge.png 10

Trophies-1.png653

Magatsudokuro

rVT5o.png Level 1 | 0%

BronzeLarge.png 0 SliverLarge.png 0 GoldLarge.png 0 PlatinumLarge.png 0

Trophies-1.png 0

to top

goals_001_dmy_23_6_14_by_izzy2014-d7uj22

This is where I'll put my goals once I've come up with some.

to top

rares_001_dmy_23_6_14_by_izzy2014-d7uj24

This is where I'll put my Ultra Rares once I've earned some -

well, actually, I have earned some now... I don't really have any format in mind though.

I guess I'll just shove images in here and hope it's passable for now... I should and will come back to it later, though.

rVT5o.png 17 Ultra Rare Trophies

from 2 games:

Metrico: 5

2Sa45c63.png5S0e9832.png6S9bb70e.png7Se8e994.png8S248138.png

Vessel: 12

17S774c85.png13S6f3038.png8S2b7b77.png3S983d54.png10S55fcd4.png15S23964e.png9Scabbdb.png7Sbf517d.png5S8431ef.png4Sb5c80e.png14S1ce8d3.png12Saabb29.png6S9219ad.png

to top

vitrine_001_dmy_24_6_14_by_izzy2014-d7uj

This is where I'll archive my milestones for preservation and show off some trophies I like once I've earned some. I've included some extra milestones in the beginning simply because I felt that they were worthy of some recognition. 50th through 250th are not officially recognised milestones on PSNProfiles.

Milestones

Regular Trophy Milestones

First Trophy:

BronzeLarge.png Foreshadowing of Despair

2Lf5f59a.png

from Soul Sacrifice on PS Vita

21/06/14

18:03:29

Was this milestone trophy planned?:
As extensively as if it were my firstborn child.

If this milestone trophy was planned, why?:
It was my first trophy on Glaivewurm, but I hadn't set my networking up properly so it ended up with missing timestamps and got sorted along with a couple others from the same game. You can probably tell why I wanted this to be my very first trophy - yes, the first time around, it was a stroke of fate, but this time... this time, the despair is all the more poignant in my awareness of it.

Milestone Rating:
11/10 would earn again.

50th Trophy:

BronzeLarge.png Participation matters!

5Le0fbc1.png

from New Paint Park on PS Vita

27/06/14

21:27:20

No, but I don't mind it.

See above.

Milestone Rating:
6/10.

100th Trophy:

BronzeLarge.png Snake Beater

25L671cf6.png

from Metal Gear Solid 2 on PlayStation 3

09/07/14

12:19:36

Yeah, I was reaching my 100th, and I knew there was no official milestone for it, but I figured I'd put at least a little effort into it. Just means I've got an extra game in the ol' backlog.

It fits the theme. I love it. I probably should have waited until my 250th for it, but there you go.

Milestone Rating:
10/10.

250th Trophy:

PlatinumLarge.png True Survivor

1Lad8866.png

from Lone Survivor on PlayStation 3/PlayStation Vita

24/07/14

18:28:37

Yeah, this one pretty much set itself right up. No reason why not, I guess.

It works. It's something.

Milestone Rating:
9/10.

500th Trophy:

BronzeLarge.png I feel empty inside

50L36bb9b.png

from Guacamelee on PlayStation 3/PlayStation Vita

28/08/14

16:55:28

Oooooooh yeah.

Why do you think?

Milestone Rating:
10/10.

Platinum Trophy Milestones

First Platinum:

PlatinumLarge.png The Ghost With The Most

1L4ed97c.png

from God of War: Ghost of Sparta on PlayStation 3

10/07/14

14:38:22

Was this milestone Platinum planned?:
You can bet your ass it was.

If this milestone Platinum was planned, why?:
The same reason I called this account Daigashadokuro. It's like a goddamn phoenix, man.

Milestone Rating:
10/10I wouldn't have done it if I didn't love it. I put a lot of thought into these things.

10th Platinum:

PlatinumLarge.png It's All Relative

1L26fdf9.png

from GRAVITY RUSH on PlayStation Vita

22/09/14

17:07:02

Was this milestone Platinum planned?:
Not exactly.

If this milestone Platinum was planned, why?:
See above.

Milestone Rating:
7/10This is okay. It's made better by the fact that it's from a game I love.

Proudest Completions

Platinums:

#1: Dragon's Crown

#2: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (Vita)

#3: PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

#4: Lone Survivor

#5: God of War: Ghost of Sparta

#6: LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes (Vita)

#7: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Vita)

#8: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3)

#9: ???

#10: ???

PSN 100%:

#1: Metrico

#2: Vessel

#3: Proteus

#4: Doki Doki Universe

#5: Welcome Park

#6: New Paint Park

#7: ???

#8: ???

Platinum + DLC 100%:

#1: Guacamelee

#2: GRAVITY RUSH

#3: ???

#4: ???

#5: ???

#6: ???

#7: ???

#8: ???

Trophy of the Week

The Week I Start This (beginning somethingth of some month, some year)

40-hidden.png ??????????

?

from ?????????? on ?????

??/??/??

??:??:??

Rarity:
???

Why did I select this trophy as the highlight for this week?:
???

to top

Edited by Daigashadokuro
  • Like 1

platinums_001_dmy_24_6_14_by_izzy2014-d7

ghostofsparta_plat_001_5_8_14_by_izzy201

PlatinumLarge.png#1: The Ghost With The Most from God of War: Ghost of Sparta on PlayStation 3 by Ready at Dawn Studios

10/07/14

14:38:22

"Collect all of the trophies"

36/36 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 20 SliverLarge.png 10 GoldLarge.png PlatinumLarge.png 1

Metascore:
The HD remaster of Ghost of Sparta was not given a Metascore; however, the original PSP release was. That release earned a Metascore of 87.

Developer Metascore:
At the time of writing, Ready at Dawn Studios holds an average career Metascore of 87. (Yes, I am aware that this is identical to the game rating. It is not a typo.)

Personal Rating:

8/10.

Best Feature:

The combat. I don't need to say anything more than that... but I will. It's perfect. It's flowing and solid and it just works! It's easily exploited and it functions so simply... but man, it feels good.

Worst Feature:

Probably the brothel minigame. I'm not sure why I want to see sex in videogames - especially if I actually have to watch the screen. Surely there's a reason why people watch porn, not Ghost of Sparta Let's Plays...

Platinum Difficulty Rating:
This is probably a pisspoor 2/10. I don't recall having much trouble with it whatsoever. I'd call it a 3/10 just because of a few particularly tough fights that seem to come out of nowhere, especially later on in the game - except for the fact that you can glitch past pretty much all of them in various ways, many of which have been used in various speedruns and are well-documented and easy to use (and remained possible in the remaster).

Toughest Trophy:

Definitely :bronze:Disarmed. Erinys was a bitch on the higher difficulties, and she was easily the most difficult fight of the game (except for the Harpy and Geryon fight in Atlantis Nexus, and the Wraith and Cyclops fight in Death's Domain, and there aren't any trophies specifically for those). After a quick Google break, though, I had no trouble - so really, this wasn't that tough.

Exact Time Taken to Platinum:
1 day, 1 hour and 58 minutes.

In-Game Time Taken to Platinum:
From memory, around 11 and a half hours - around 10 to finish the game on Hard mode; 1 to reach Thera (twice) for the one single-player trophy I missed; and around half an hour to grind out red orbs and buy all of the stuff in the Temple of Zeus.

Why did I choose to Platinum this game?:
I won't lie - it was cheap, and I wanted the Platinum from this game to be my first. These are shallow reasons to play a game, but it's not as if the hype regarding the series wasn't a factor, as well as the fact that I'd seen it played and had a pretty good idea that it was fun... however, those were the two greatest reasons at the time I bought it as to why I bought it.

What do I think about this game?:
This was a really, really tricky one to rate. On one hand, what it does, it does so well... but what it does isn't spectacular. On the balance of this, I gave it an 8/10. The problem is, what it does - solid, yet flowing combat; simple, yet fascinating plot; uncomplicated, yet likeable characters; and well-rounded gameplay all around - is an easy 10/10. This game is executed so very, very well. The problem is not to be found in its execution, but instead in the things that it actually does. I understand that the God of War franchise was the one that properly launched this genre. I understand that it is held to be the paragon of this genre. I understand all of that. The problem is, this formula is not sustainable. Do not, by any means, misunderstand me: this formula is good. The format is completely functional and perfectly enjoyable - but it gets stale. After completing this game I did not feel as though it had outstayed its welcome. But this game is not a long one by any stretch of the imagination. It is very easy to imagine that, given four or five more hours of gameplay, Ghost of Sparta would have worn on me severely. As it stands, it was not given four or five more hours of gameplay, and it did not wear on me severely. The problem, then, is only in hypotheticals. I enjoyed this game. Truly, I did. But without any real progression in gameplay and without anything new to keep me hooked I can't say that I would have enjoyed it for much longer. In summary: execution is a 10/10, but as far as meaningful innovation goes, it's probably a solid 6 - very clearly passable, but nothing exemplary whatsoever. So, there's my reasoning on an 8/10. Other than that, I really liked it - don't take my reasoning as an indication that I didn't like it. I really did, and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes the genre or who's played a God of War game previously and hasn't played this one. For me personally, this was the first God of War game that I'd played myself (having read enough about the franchise to understand the plot - although that may have been helped by the fact that there is admittedly little plot). So I came into it knowing what to expect but without having had any first-hand experience with how it played. I liked it. It was damn good. There are just a few problems with it in terms of gameplay pacing. The additions to the gameplay - that is, the magic items - simply do not add enough substance to really be meaningful, beyond the fact that the majority of them are essentially useless, especially without the Bonds of Ares, which grant unlimited Mana supply. This is a simple game. I liked it, but that's the truth. There is little substance to be had here, except for in the truly spectacular combat. It's simple, sure, but it works so well. Everything works perfectly, in fact. There just isn't enough included for it to hold its own against fully-fledged home console titles. I will withhold judgement on the franchise as a whole, as I'm sure this is not indicative of the entire series - and you know what? Even if it is, I don't mind that.

dragonscrown_plat_001_5_8_14_by_izzy2014

PlatinumLarge.png#2: Dragon's Crown from Dragon's Crown on PlayStation 3/PlayStation Vita by Vanillaware

10/07/14

22:53:18

"Earn all trophies!"

49/49 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 38 SliverLarge.png 7 GoldLarge.png PlatinumLarge.png 1

Metascore:
There are two entries for Dragon's Crown on Metacritic. As they are almost entirely identical, it would be wisest to average out the two scores. Therefore, Dragon's Crown holds a Metascore of 80.

Developer Metascore:
As of the time of writing, Vanillaware holds an average career Metascore of 79.

Personal Rating:

8/10.

Best Feature:

The art and animation are by far the most well-executed feature in the game. I imagine this is because the majority of funding and man-hours went into them as they were the main selling point... for a variety of different reasons. Not least the boobs. But hey, they're pretty flawless, technically. The art and animation, I mean. Not the boobs.

Worst Feature:

I can't say the lack of assets are the worst feature, since... they're actually not a feature. So I'm going to say the procedurally generated loot system. They're just the exact same items with higher numbers in their descriptions and, in reality, it doesn't actually matter what weapon you use in a lot of cases, as long as you use something within, like, seven whole levels of you. There's not much of an exponential improvement and there's certainly no new assets being tossed around late-game.

This baby's a 6/10. Pretty simple the whole way through, very easy to do if you don't mind the grind. Only problem is, the AI is godawful - to the point where I just have to rate this a 6. I had a lot of trouble with the netcode, so I was stuck with the dumbass AI.

Toughest Trophy:

:bronze:Legendary Strike. Took about four hours of running the same path hoping for a different result... which I eventually got. It just took so, so long and it was so unpredictable. This is probably more due to my method than anything, since I've heard it's much faster and easier if you just run a certain path on Ultimate difficulty... I wasn't good enough at the game to do that, though, at least not with AI allies.

1 week, 1 day and 4 hours.

Approximately 68 hours.

Why did I choose to Platinum this game?:
It was free on PS+, and rare, and I like the genre.

Dragon’s Crown suffers many of the issues that Ghost of Sparta does. Assuming you’ve read the writeup just above this one, you can see why this is more of an issue than it was in that instance. So, we can see that there is little content included in Dragon’s Crown. The content is, for a certainty, solid - but it is not solid enough to sustain itself for 70 hours. There are nine stages, each of which have two branching paths. That’s a total of eighteen different paths that you can take, but of course, only nine sets of assets. Considering that, to reach the maximum level, one has to continuously run all of these paths, these assets very quickly become monotonous. Even the procedurally generated dungeons recycle assets and just ascribe higher levels to recycled enemies. What can be said for recycling these assets is that they are spectacular assets. The production quality of this game, despite its low-budget nature, is fabulous. The art style is executed well (although perhaps not in the greatest taste) and the environments, characters and animations are absolutely gorgeous. In addition, whilst there are few tracks on it, the soundtrack works brilliantly in conjunction with the game. Last but not least, the combat is incredibly satisfying and varied, each playable character possessing their own unique traits (bar the Warrior, perhaps), and each combat encounter a joy to be part of. The only issue with this game is that it burns itself out after you reach about level 30 - then, you just repeat the campaign twice and keep on grinding if you want the Platinum. Everything else about this game is stellar, including its combat, loot system, art style and animations and soundtrack, and I would highly recommend it to fans of the genre - especially anybody who had fun with beat-em-ups of the 80’s and 90’s. All I can say is that, if you’re going for the Platinum, it’s not going to be as fun as it otherwise would be. That’s probably the reason I can only give it a 8/10. I was simply oversaturated with the same (albeit glorious) assets, quest after quest. Everything about this game is great, but taking into consideration the lack of meaningful gameplay progression after level 30, along with the distinct lack of content… well. In essence, this is a better game than Ghost of Sparta, but it suffers from the same problems - except these problems actually deliver on what they promise after 60 additional hours. With that in mind, I can’t give it the 9/10 it deserves, and I can’t give it the 10/10 it would deserve if only it had more meaningful content. It’s an 8/10, through and through. I enjoyed it a lot and I still admire Vanillaware’s work on pretty much everything in it, but it certainly wore on me, and I can’t say that I would play it (to completion, anyway) again, at least not without the incentive of a Platinum.

legobatman2vita_plat_001_5_8_14_by_izzy2

PlatinumLarge.png#3: Complete Hero from LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes on PlayStation Vita by Traveler's Tales Fusion

14/07/14

16:22:34

"Collect all trophies."

32/32 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 16 SliverLarge.png 9 GoldLarge.png PlatinumLarge.png 1

Metascore:
The Vita version of this game holds a Metascore of 62.

Developer Metascore:
At the time of writing, Traveler's Tales Games (and, by extension, their subsidiary group Traveler's Tales Fusion) hold a Metascore of 71.

Personal Rating:

7/10.

Best Feature:

The implementation of character-specific powers which could be used in certain contexts was more than passable, beyond the fact that it necessitated backtracking to achieve 100%.

Worst Feature:

The Justice League arena mode was contrived and only proved to be a detriment to the overall experience, at least in my opinion.

3/10, purely due to the included arena mode.

Toughest Trophy:

:gold: Justice is Served.

2 days, 23 minutes and 30 seconds.

Approximately 12 and a half hours.

It was free on PS+ and I like LEGO games in general, as well as some of the less wet-cardboard type DC characters.

I think that if I had played the original version of this game on 3DS rather than the Vita port of that game, I would have been less disappointed. It's a good game if you're playing it on 3DS but on Vita, it's just so obvious that it was made for a system with less than admirable specifications. The Vita would easily have been able to handle at least some elements of the open world from the home console release of this title - but I can see why this path was not taken. The Vita simply wasn't expected to provide any type of profit, or at least not any type of profit that would justify development beyond simple handheld port. I think the game is good. There are no glitches or discrepancies and it's totally functional. It's just not nearly as good as it might have been if only the Vita was as alive as its name indicates. I don't really need to explain my thoughts on this game as I imagine you'll understand my disappointment if you browse gameplay videos.

pixeljunkshooterult_plat_001_dmy_5_8_14_

PlatinumLarge.png#4: Great Shot Kid! from PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate on PlayStation 4/PlayStation Vita by Q-Games & Double Eleven

20/07/14

13:58:07

"Collect all other trophies"

27/27 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 10 SliverLarge.png 9 GoldLarge.png PlatinumLarge.png 1

Metascore:

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate has two entries on Metacritic for its Vita and PS4 incarnations. As these games are functionally identical, the main difference being in special effects employed in the PS4 version, it would be wisest to average out the two scores. Therefore, PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate holds a Metascore of approximately 84.5.

Developer Metascore:
As Double Eleven only collated, enhanced and ported the original two games which were developed entirely by Q-Games, it would be fairest to include only Q-Games' score as they are the true developers of the game. At the time of writing, Q-Games hold a Metascore of 78.

Personal Rating:

9/10.

Best Feature:

The secret areas. I love secret areas. I always have and I always will.

Worst Feature:

The obviously tacked-on multiplayer.

3/10.

Toughest Trophy:

:gold: Smoke Me A Kipper, I'll Be Back For Breakfast.

4 days, 21 hours and 12 minutes.

It took about 40 minutes on average to finish each stage, and there were 35 stages - that indicates that I played for around 23 and a half hours.

It was free on PS+, and I felt that the twin-stick shooter genre was well-suited to the Vita, so I was happy to try it.

Simply put, this was really good. Varied level design coupled with well-executed mechanics, a vast array of collectibles and secret areas made the otherwise tedious task of clearing each and every level fully an absolute joy. However, a number of individually minor but collectively irritating problems marred the game somewhat, including the obviously tacked-on and severely lacking multiplayer section which was not only lacking in gameplay but also featured quite appalling netcode which made it horrendous to boost (though I imagine this wouldn't have been a problem if I hadn't been attempting to :platinum: it), as well as some finicky levels, mainly due to the biting mode for the spaceship which I found incredibly difficult to control, especially since in many cases you are forced to evade enemies while chomping your way through the level, and your movement speed is simply insufficient for this task which, for obvious reasons, becomes quite frustrating quite swiftly. Other than these minor gripes which came about as a result of 1) my decision to trophy hunt and 2) my ineptitude, I found this game far more than acceptable - in fact, it was brilliantly executed and I loved it. I just can't give it a 10 because I found it too frustrating at times for reasons that I believe that in most cases were out of my control.

lonesurvivor_plat_001_5_8_14_by_izzy2014

PlatinumLarge.png#5: True Survivor from Lone Survivor on PlayStation 3/PlayStation Vita by superflat games

24/07/14

18:28:37

"Collect all Lone Survivor: Director's Cut trophies"

37/37 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 18 SliverLarge.png 15 GoldLarge.png PlatinumLarge.png 1

Metascore:

The console release of Lone Survivor has two entries on Metacritic - one for the PS3 release and another for the Vita release. As both releases are identical, it would be best to provide the average Metascore, which is approximately 82.5.

Developer Metascore:
superflat games has neither a Wikipedia nor a Metacritic page.

Personal Rating:

8.5/10.

Best Feature:

The behind-the-scenes sanity mechanics.

Worst Feature:

The firing mechanics.

2/10 with a guide, 4/10 without.

Toughest Trophy:

:gold: Pacifist.

4 days, 2 minutes and 41 seconds.

Probably around 5 hours in total, the majority of that being in my playthrough for :gold: Pacifist.

It was on PS+ and 1) I love the survival horror genre and 2) I had already been looking into purchasing the game.

Oh man, this sure was an indie game. It was clunky and obtuse and, above all, symbolic. But shit I had so much fun with it. Speaking as a long-time fan of survival horror games, this is a great deconstruction of the genre, with a distinct sense of meaningful progression, subtle mechanics and just the right amount of callbacks. The story was a bit of a falling-down - but that is not the fault of the game. It's easy to see that the story actually makes sense, but it all happens in the background, and without thoroughly analysing the events therein, it's difficult to say exactly what happened. I haven't taken the time to really think about what the story actually is, but from what I've gathered it's at least good. The only problem I really had with this game was in one of its mechanics. The reason it brought the game down as much as it did is... well. The combat mechanics were basically awful. It's possible to fire in three different directions: up, straight ahead, and down. Damage done to the enemy is calculated very simply - headshots do the most damage, torso shots do mediocre damage and, well, leg shots do nothing at all. Here's the problem with this system. To get a headshot, you have to be within about three or even two feet of the enemy. Elsewise, you'll fire, it'll go over their head and they'll be alerted immediately. It doesn't really matter, though, because even if you hit the head, you're too damn close to be able to kill it without getting hit at least once, in most cases. The other option is to fire at the torso, but ammo is (relatively) scarce in Lone Survivor and it doesn't do to waste any. You're forced to compromise your safety... in order to ensure your safety. This doesn't really make any sense at all and it just doesn't work. This was a major problem for me in my first run going for the Red Ending as I was constantly being smacked around by zombies whom I had already headshotted twice... this piles up and you die. This, coupled with the behind-the-scenes mechanics of food, made it difficult to get very far in one venture. In the event that the combat had been more accommodating to... you know... actually shooting zombies... I would have had no trouble whatsoever. But the "survival" component of survival horror was sort of wrecked in this case. Realistically you would be forced to hide in almost all situations if you actually wanted to survive, and that just restricts player agency. All I'm saying is this: if I am to be allowed choices, all of those choices must be at least mechanically viable. Elsewise you may as well not give me the choice. This was a great, great game and I do recommend it, but there's just this one very major issue looming over the entire game and I wanted to explore that issue fully. Other than this, the game shines, and I don't really need to explore any of these features more than saying "hey, this was well done" - because everything else was just really great. It remains atmospheric and genuinely frightening at times, despite its two-dimensional format. The sound effects and soundtrack are both great and complement the game so very well. The characters are likeable and the design is well done, and you can really tell that Byrne did put a lot of work into the game, even if he messed up a couple of aspects. In summary: Lone Survivor is a very good game that is simply hindered by the unreliability of what is arguably its most significant mechanic. Despite this, I recommend it to fans of the genre, because I had a lot of fun with it - truly, I did. Byrne's work is admirable and, above all, fun to play.

sly4vita_plat_001_dmy_5_8_14_by_izzy2014

PlatinumLarge.png#6: Mask and Stripes Forever from Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time on PlayStation Vita by Sanzaru Games

3/08/14

3:00:31

"Collect every bronze, silver and gold trophy."

50/50 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 41 SliverLarge.png 5 GoldLarge.png PlatinumLarge.png 1

Metascore:

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time has two entries on Metacritic - one for its release on PS3 and another for its release on Vita. They both earned a Metascore of 75.

Developer Metascore:
Sanzaru Games have two pages on Metacritic. The combined average career Metascore of these two pages is 69.5.

Personal Rating:

8/10.

Best Feature:

???

Worst Feature:

???

???

Toughest Trophy:

:bronze: Apollo Wins.

1 week, 1 day and 16 hours.

???

???

???

sly4ps3_plat_001_dmy_5_8_14_by_izzy2014-

PlatinumLarge.png#7: Mask and Stripes Forever from Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time on PlayStation 3 by Sanzaru Games

3/08/14

12:06:16

"Collect every bronze, silver and gold trophy."

50/50 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 41 SliverLarge.png 5 GoldLarge.png PlatinumLarge.png 1

Metascore:

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time has two entries on Metacritic - one for its release on PS3 and another for its release on Vita. They both earned a Metascore of 75.

Developer Metascore:
Sanzaru Games have two pages on Metacritic. The combined average career Metascore of these two pages is 69.5.

Personal Rating:

8/10.

Best Feature:

The cross-save trophy features.

Worst Feature:

The cross-save trophy features.

1/10.

Toughest Trophy:

:platinum: Mask and Stripes Forever.

7 minutes and 31 seconds.

I didn't spend any time in-game.

???

???

legohp5_7_plat_001_dmy_5_8_14_by_izzy201

PlatinumLarge.png#8: All Finished! from LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 on PlayStation Vita by Traveler's Tales Fusion

19/08/14

17:11:36

"Acquire all trophies."

41/41 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 22 SliverLarge.png 15 GoldLarge.png PlatinumLarge.png 1

Metascore:

The handheld release of this game was identical between Nintendo's 3DS and Sony's Playstation Vita, however those two releases earned different Metascores. As they are, for the most part, identical (apart from the very limited functionality of the 3DS's second screen) it would be fairest to average the two available scores. Therefore, this game holds a Metascore of 67.5.

Developer Metascore:

At the time of writing, Traveler's Tales Games (and, by extension, their subsidiary group Traveler's Tales Fusion) hold a Metascore of 71.

Personal Rating:

6/10.

Best Feature:

The "what if" style duelling feature. Colin Creevey defeated Voldemort.  :giggle:

Worst Feature:

The spell selection system. It's obtuse, never explained and generally nonfunctional, especially with regards to a number of trophies.

2/10.

Toughest Trophy:

:gold: Master Dueller. Not sure why that's not "Duelist" but whatever.

3 days, 3 hours and 5 minutes.

Approximately 12 and a half hours of gameplay.

It was free on PS+ and I like LEGO games in general, as well as the Harry Potter franchise.

This is essentially the exact same game as LEGO Batman 2 Vita, just without the arena mode, which is replaced by a dueling mode, which I preferred by far. Thus, you can refer to my notes on that game for an explanation of this game. The only addendum, and the one that necessitates a lower rating, is the absolutely horrid (in my opinion) rendition of the story. It is truly awful, and that is why this earned a lower score than Batman 2 Vita despite its superior minigames.

guacamelee_plat_001_dmy_5_8_14_by_izzy20

#9: Guacamelee! Platinum trophy from Guacamelee! on PlayStation 3/PlayStation Vita by DrinkBox Studios

28/08/14

18:23:55

"Your luchador mask is in the mail"

48/48 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 39 SliverLarge.png 5 GoldLarge.png PlatinumLarge.png 1

Metascore:
Guacamelee has an aggregated Metascore of approximately 85.5 between its original PS3 and Vita releases. The original Xbox 360 release was never aggregated.

Developer Metascore:

DrinkBox Studios have an average Metascore of 84.

Personal Rating:
9/10.

Best Feature:

The platforming challenges for the 6 orbs.

Worst Feature:

The flying power that you get once you gather the 6 orbs.

4/10.

It would be a 3/10 considering the few tricky parts on Hard mode, but the platforming challenges (Tule Tree and Mountains in specific) probably merit another point.

Toughest Trophy:

:gold: El Savior.

5 days, 2 hours and 39 minutes.

Approximately 12 and a half hours of gameplay.

???

???

gravityrush_plat_001_dmy_5_8_14_by_izzy2

#10: It's All Relative from GRAVITY RUSH on PlayStation Vita by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio (SCEJ)

28/08/14

18:23:55

"Collected every trophy. Congratulations!"

40/40 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 25 SliverLarge.png 10 GoldLarge.png PlatinumLarge.png 1

Metascore:
Gravity Rush has an aggregated Metascore of 83.

Developer Metascore:

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio (SCEJ) has an average Metascore of 74.

Personal Rating:
9/10.

Best Feature:

???

Worst Feature:

???

3/10, as long as you don't suffer from motion sickness at all.

Toughest Trophy:

:gold: All That Glitters.

2 days, 6 hours and 9 minutes.

16 hours and 19 minutes.

???

???

to top

psn100_001_dmy_24_6_14_by_izzy2014-d7uj4

welcomepark100_001_dmy_24_6_14_by_izzy20

GoldLarge.png#1: Welcome Park on PlayStation Vita by Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA)

21/06/14

16:18:03

13/13 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 11 SliverLarge.png1 GoldLarge.png1

Metascore:
Welcome Park never had a retail or digital release and thus was never reviewed.

Developer Metascore:
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) has an average Metascore of 73.

Personal Rating:
8/10.

Best Feature:

The voiceovers. They're obviously not stand-out, but they're perfect for this game, and they really help to ease the user into using the features.

Worst Feature:

Probably Hello Face, the minigame wherein you take photos of "things that look like faces", whereupon they are superimposed onto a little cube body. It's either under- or over-sensitive, and is very temperamental in terms of when it will identify a face and when it won't.

100% Difficulty Rating:
2/10.

I'd give it a 1/10 if not for the fiddly puzzle trophies to do with re-organising a picture that's been split into a certain number of sections. These can be easily solved by taking a picture of an arrangement of numbers to make it easier to arrange the sections in order. After doing this you simply need to rely on sheer luck and keep re-trying the minigame until it splits the picture in a way that's easy to re-arrange.

Toughest Trophy:

The aforementioned :bronze: Snap + Slide 15 Piece Prize.

Exact Time Taken to 100%:
58 minutes and 17 seconds.

In-Game Time Taken to 100%:
In terms of actual gameplay, it probably took me around half an hour to 100% the game, and the majority of that time (15 minutes or more) was spent resetting the puzzle minigame trying to get an optimal setup for quickly completing each version.

Why did I choose to 100% this game?:
I chose to 100% this game because it's a completely free, simple and easy 100% available to all PS Vita owners which I'd already earned 100% in and knew how to quickly complete, as well as the fact that I did not, at the time, have any other games available to me.

I think Welcome Park is a simple, aesthetically pleasing and, well, welcome feature of the PS Vita which adequately explains to the end user the functions of their new system. Not only does it educate the new user of the system about its capabilities and how best to employ them, it manages to be at least somewhat entertaining at the same time. All in all, it's really just a tech demo for features that developers put in actual games. But considering what it is, it's a pretty masterful version of that. ...I wouldn't pay for it, though.

newpaintpark_unearned_001_dmy_27_6_14_by

GoldLarge.png#2: New Paint Park on PlayStation Vita by Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA)

27/06/14

21:28:31

11/11 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 7 SliverLarge.png3 GoldLarge.png1

Metascore:
New Paint Park was never given a Metascore as there are no available reviews to base such a score upon.

Developer Metascore:
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) has an average Metascore of 73.

Personal Rating:
1/10.

Best Feature:

The feature where you uninstall the game.

Worst Feature:

Every other feature.

100% Difficulty Rating:
1/10

This is stupidly easy. Like, really hysterically easy. Each trophy is earned by tapping a button or taking a photo, and the most intensive trophy is earned by playing an ad hoc contest by yourself and winning it after about 30 seconds. This is not a difficult 100%.

Toughest Trophy:

I don't even know, man.

6 minutes and 10 seconds.

6 minutes and 10 seconds.

I chose to 100% this game because it's a completely free, simple and easy 100% available to all PS Vita owners which I'd already earned 100% in and knew how to quickly complete, as well as the fact that I did not, at the time, have any other games available to me. Yes, it's the same as Welcome Park, just much faster.

Considering both the function of the app and what it actually ends up doing, I rated it a 1/10It's a dumb idea executed poorly. I'd really like to know who the hell thought drawing with the Vita touchpad was a good idea. I think it's a dumb idea and the only reason I played it was because I could download, install and 100% it in the space of 10 minutes while I was downloading Ratchet & Clank (which I didn't play anyway). I think that just about sums up my feelings toward this game.

dokidoki_100_001_dmy_5_8_14_by_izzy2014-

GoldLarge.png#3: Doki-Doki Universe on PlayStation 3/PlayStation Vita by Humanature Studios

12/07/14

14:55:10

14/14 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 11 SliverLarge.png2 GoldLarge.png1

Metascore:
Doki-Doki Universe has three separate Metascores for each of its three separate versions, regardless of the fact that they are identical. The average score between these average scores is approximately 66.

Developer Metascore:
Humanature Studios has neither a Wikipedia, nor a Metacritic page.

Personal Rating:
8/10.

Best Feature:

The personality test features, by a country mile.

Worst Feature:

The selection system for summonable items. It just doesn't work.

100% Difficulty Rating:
2/10.

It's simple. Very, very simple. If you're trying to get the 100% there is pretty much nothing that will get in your way. The only reason I didn't give it a 1/10 is because the solutions to "quests" are sometimes very rigid and very vague at the same time, making it difficult to figure out what some questgivers are asking for. Beyond that, I had no trouble whatsoever with the 100%.

Toughest Trophy:

???

1 day, 5 hours, 33 minutes.

Probably around 8 hours.

It was free on PS+ and I had looked at it previously, but found that it had too little content to justify purchase at full price. With the price no longer a factor, it was an obvious choice, as it was both mildly entertaining and easy.

I think this game was marketed incorrectly. The core gameplay is nothing we haven't seen before in a vast array of games designed for a younger demographic. Since they only marketed that part of the game, their demographic was seen to be that younger age. Unfortunately, the only people who would actually buy this game are not in that demographic. There are exceptions, of course - people who enjoy that kind of game. If I were evaluating this game based on the gameplay that is evident to most players, it would have earned far less than an 8/10. - the majority of the gameplay is, in essence, a bastardised amalgamation of those many Scribblenauts clones. However, I have to applaud it on the merit of its ingenious and at least somewhat fascinating personality test features. The tests are ingenuous and unobtrusive, and present a form of psychological evaluation suitable to its target demographic, with a surprising degree of accuracy considering the context. Humanature could have very easily toned down and simplified this feature, as it is probably less than 10of the gameplay, but they didn't, and I like it. But had Humanature marketed their game on the merit of its psychological evaluation features, they might have reached a wider demographic and sold more copies of their game. It's a shame.

vessel_100_001_dmy_5_8_14_by_izzy2014-d7

GoldLarge.png#4: Vessel on PlayStation 3 by Strange Loop Games

3/08/14

21:05:18

19/19 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 17 SliverLarge.png2 GoldLarge.png0

Metascore:

The console release of Vessel did not meet the four-review requirement for Metascore aggregation - however, the original PC release did. It received an 81. However, this is not necessarily a good indication of reception to the PS3 release, as that release suffered some issues that the PC release did not - most notably a distinct lag in cases wherein many instances of water physics were being processed.

Developer Metascore:
Strange Loop Games has an average career Metascore of 81, as their only release that has been aggregated is the PC release of Vessel. The PS3 and XBox 360 releases, however, have not been aggregated and therefore are not included.

Personal Rating:

7/10.

Best Feature:

???

Worst Feature:

???

100% Difficulty Rating:
???

Toughest Trophy:

???

Exact Time Taken to 100%:
8 hours, 28 minutes and 59 seconds.

In-Game Time Taken to 100%:
About 6 hours. The rest were food breaks etc., and fucking about trying to get one or two trophies to pop.

Why did I choose to 100% this game?:
It was free on PS+, contained a vast number of Ultra Rare trophies and appeared to be a very easy game to 100%.

Vessel was a good game and a shitty, shitty port. I haven’t played the PC release and I don’t intend to, but my understanding is that the PC release did not contain many of the issues obvious in the console release. However, I am critiquing the console release, not the PC release, so I must of course consider the obvious drawbacks exclusive to Vessel’s console releases. Let me begin by saying that this is a clever and well-executed game. The puzzles function perfectly - at least in theory - and the elements that separate these puzzles from others of their ilk (the fluros) are also masterfully implemented. These elements are perhaps the make-or-break feature; if they work, they’re genius, but if not, they’re a steaming heap of liquid failure sauce poured over a healthy serving of shitrice. Fortunately, they do work, and they work damn well. They were consistent, their failings only coming as a result of mine - similar to the scenarios explored within the story. As soon as I understood how to use them, their adherence to my commands was exemplary, and at no point did I experience any issues whatsoever with their AI. In summary, the most important feature actually works really well. Beyond this, the puzzles themselves are well-crafted, with a good, round difficulty curve and a healthy reliance on nothing but that one moment of “eureka” - a complicated puzzle with a simple solution, if you possess the wit to discover it. These are the good parts, and they’re the majority of the game, so it would be very safe to say that the majority of the game is good. Very good, in fact. But there are problems, as with any such title. Before mentioning these, I must say that this is a first release - Strange Loop Games have not, to my knowledge, created a title prior to this one. Therefore, upon considering the fact that the developers may not have the level of experience that many do, I must vehemently commend them on the inherent quality of their work. There is a lot of goodness to be found here. But it is true that there are flaws. The majority of these flaws are due entirely to the quality of the port. I must say that I do not completely understand why the console release suffers these issues in comparison to the PC release, as this is by no means a demanding title - apart from perhaps the liquid physics processing, which I could excuse if the only instances of crippling general and input lag were in cases of vast physics presence. However, this is not the case. Vessel lags a lot. The delay between input and action is a constant irritation, especially as the game relies heavily upon platforming in many sequences. Failing to jump when commanded, Arkwright slips off the platform upon which he stands and into the pit of lava, spikes and frustrating loading speeds. The puzzle or sequence is totally reset. Arkwright waves his arms to and fro like a goddamn rower, a sheepish look on his face as he reflects on the consequences of his actions, or lack thereof. Then, he does it again. This is not an isolated incident. This is an utter nuisance and it should have been rectified as soon as it was discovered in development, as from what I hear this issue was not present in the original release. Surely, the PS3 can handle such simple movement. Other than this, crippling general lag is present in many scenes wherein water physics is being handled on a large scale. Again, I hear that this issue was not present in the original release - so why is it that the PS3 release could not be optimised for the target hardware? It isn’t a game-breaker, but it sure feels like one when you’re in the middle of it. Finicky trophies and poorly executed save storage round off the package, but I’d do it again. In fact, I did do it again - I deleted my user data without syncing my first Vessel 100% to PSN, and had to earn every trophy once again. This actually helped me feel my way around the game, as I’d already completed most of the puzzles, so obviously I was able to think more about the game itself than about how to solve the puzzles. It’s a good game - it could have been a great one. But it isn't, and the rating above is indicative of that truth.

proteus_001_27_6_14_by_izzy2014-d7utawp.

GoldLarge.png#5: Proteus on PlayStation 3 by Twisted Tree Games

12/08/14

17:56:27

11/11 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 6 SliverLarge.png4 GoldLarge.png1

Metascore:

Proteus has three entries on Metacritic - one entry for each of its releases (the original on PC and the console release on PS3 and Vita). As these releases are pretty much identical, it would be wisest to provide the average score between these entries, which is 76.6.

Developer Metascore:
While the console releases of Proteus are attributed to Curve Studios as developer, their role was purely in porting the game. As this is the case, it would be best to attribute development to Twisted Tree Games, who have an average career Metascore of 80. Unfortunately, this only includes the PC release of Proteus, so this score may not be an accurate indication of the quality of the console release - although they are, indeed, practically identical.

Personal Rating:

???

Best Feature:

???

Worst Feature:

???

100% Difficulty Rating:
???

Toughest Trophy:

???

2 days, 23 hours and 20 minutes.

???

???

???

metrico_001_27_6_14_by_izzy2014-d7vbbc9.

GoldLarge.png#6: Metrico on PlayStation 3 by Digital Dreams

12/08/14

17:56:27

11/11 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 6 SliverLarge.png4 GoldLarge.png1

Metascore:

Metrico has an aggregated Metascore of 68. How? I don't know.

Developer Metascore:
As Metrico is the only aggregated title produced by Digital Dreams, their average career Metascore is, of course, 68.

Personal Rating:

???

Best Feature:

???

Worst Feature:

???

100% Difficulty Rating:
???

Toughest Trophy:

???

1 day, 6 hours and 57 minutes.

Approximately 10 hours. At least 5 of those were spent on the final level.

???

???

fez_001_27_6_14_by_izzy2014-d7w9nlk.jpg

GoldLarge.png#7: FEZ on PlayStation 3/PlayStation 4/PlayStation Vita by Polytron Corporation

23/08/14

9:56:01

12/12 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 7 SliverLarge.png4 GoldLarge.png1

Metascore:

Fez has an aggregated Metascore of approximately 90 across each of its releases, from its original PC release to its PlayStation Vita port.

Developer Metascore:
As Fez is the only aggregated title - or, in fact, title - produced by Polytron Corporation, their average career Metascore is, of course, 90.

Personal Rating:

9/10.

Best Feature:

The transitions between two-dimensional and three-dimensional space. An obvious one.

Worst Feature:

Either the map or the Black Monolith puzzle, a.k.a. the sum total of all of Phil Fish's arrogant thoughts, requiring months of community thinking to provide a solution that nobody actually understands because it turned out that simple brute force was more effective than thinking about it too hard.

100% Difficulty Rating:
1/10 with a guide, 10/10 without.

Toughest Trophy:

:silver: Hexahedronaut.

8 hours, 31 minutes and 27 seconds.

8 hours and 17 minutes, including idle time.

It was free on PS+ and I had heard incredibly good things about the game. This, coupled with the fact that public discussion had very much turned to Phil Fish in the wake of his departure from gaming, made it almost a necessity to complete it.

sh1CZqk.png

I think this speaks for itself. The game is good, but it's constantly marred by Fish's hubris. This is a brilliant, brilliant concept which shows that Fish is, without doubt, one of the most creative minds in the industry. Unfortunately, he's also one of the most arrogant, spoiled brats you'd ever have the displeasure of meeting and it shows in this game. This game is nothing more than a proof of concept; it exists only to prove that he could do it. God, he could do it. But his arrogance ruined this game. His arrogant personality translates to a fundamentally arrogant design philosophy, and he truly believes that Fez is the greatest game ever produced. It may, in fact, be one of the greatest concepts of all time, and executed masterfully to boot. Fez is amazing, and I applaud Fish on his contributions to the medium, but I can't look at this game without seeing Fish's fingerprints all over it. It's all concept, all execution, all style, and all hubris. I loved it.

to top

plat100_001_dmy_24_6_14_by_izzy2014-d7uj

guacamelee_plat100_001_dmy_5_8_14_by_izz

Trophies-1.png#1: Guacamelee on PlayStation 3/PlayStation Vita by DrinkBox Studios

29/08/14

9:57:52

61/61 Trophies:

BronzeLarge.png 47 SliverLarge.png 8 GoldLarge.png PlatinumLarge.png 1

Metascore:
Guacamelee has an aggregated Metascore of approximately 85.5 between its original PS3 and Vita releases. The original Xbox 360 release was never aggregated.

Developer Metascore:

???

Personal Rating:
???

Best Feature:

???

Worst Feature:

???

???

100% Difficulty Rating:

???

Toughest Trophy:

:gold: El Savior.

5 days, 2 hours and 39 minutes.

Approximately 12 and a half hours of gameplay.

5 days, 20 hours and 12 minutes.

15 hours, 53 minutes and 19 seconds.

Why did I choose to Platinum + 100% this game?:
???

???

to top

backlog_001_dmy_24_6_14_by_izzy2014-d7uj

These are just the games that are on my list but that I'm not currently dedicated to achieving 100% within.

They are organised by completion percentage.

mgs2_unearned_001_dmy_5_8_14_by_izzy2014

PlatinumLarge.png Metal Gear Solid 2 on PlayStation 3 by Kojima Productions

38/46 Trophies

(71%)

to top

current_001_dmy_24_6_14_by_izzy2014-d7uj

rage_unearned_001_dmy_27_6_14_by_izzy201

Trophies-1.png RAGE on PlayStation 3 by id Software

46/61 Trophies

(80%)

soulsacrifice_unearned_001_dmy_27_6_14_b

PlatinumLarge.png Soul Sacrifice on PlayStation Vita by Comcept

43/56 Trophies

(74%)

to top

Edited by Daigashadokuro
  • Like 1

LoL you have put into Reality How I have envisioned my Future Checklist to be like:

By adding a section for "titles in Alphabet", "including Anchor links" & "Hyper Links"....Even the "Links embeded with Images". 

You even Reserved A Post for Future Space in case your "OP" runs out of Text Space or Caps.

Congratulations! it's a great Trophy Checklist, that I also hope to do like yours....even wanted to add a video to keep people entertained while they wait for updates...lol 

Edited by DarknessKey92

• 3 weeks later...

LoL you have put into Reality How I have envisioned my Future Checklist to be like:

By adding a section for "titles in Alphabet", "including Anchor links" & "Hyper Links"....Even the "Links embeded with Images". 

You even Reserved A Post for Future Space in case your "OP" runs out of Text Space or Caps.

Congratulations! it's a great Trophy Checklist, that I also hope to do like yours....even wanted to add a video to keep people entertained while they wait for updates...lol 

:blush: Thank you! It's only just beginning!

Wow it is bleak :o

Here are some pretty flowers to brighten up the room :giggle:

stock-photo-beautiful-bouquet-of-colorfu

Why thank you, but I'm not sure I have anywhere to put them.  :giggle:

This checklist has been updated. Additions and alterations are as follows:

I caught up on the Tunes section.

I updated my stats.

I added my 50th and 100th trophy milestones.

I added my first Platinum milestone.

I added THREE Platinums and ONE 100%:

THE GHOST WITH THE MOST from God of War: Ghost of Sparta

DRAGON'S CROWN from Dragon's Crown

COMPLETE HERO from LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Vita)

and

100% in Doki-Doki Universe

Finally, I moved Soul Sacrifice and FEZ to the Backlog.

I will be adding graphics for the additional Platinums and 100% later on, along with the dossiers on all three Platinums.

I will also be adding graphics for Metal Gear Solid 2 to the Backlog.

EDIT: Looks like I'll also be fixing a bunch of my formatting... heh. If anybody reading this has suggestions for formatting, by all means, share them.

Thanks for the visit!  :wub: 

Edited by Daigashadokuro