Pier Solar HD gets delayed again due to failing Microsoft’s certification process

Lady Lilith

http://segabits.com/blog/2014/06/30/pier-solar-hd-gets-delayed-again-due-to-failing-microsofts-certification-process/

large-1-600x337.jpg

Its hard to believe that games actually go through a certification process before you buy said product. I want to know who approved games like Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, but that isn’t what we are here to talk about. It seems Pier Solar HD has hit another bump in the road when they missed their certification from Microsoft.

“Microsoft already evaluated Pier Solar as well but we failed some internal requirements on the certification and we’re correcting them for the next submission. This also impacts Wii U and PlayStation(s) submissions since we want to send it as clean as possible so that we don’t get another failed certification. Luckily, the process doesn’t take as long as we thought, so the perspectives to getting a release date gets better. As soon as we’re certified on all platforms we’ll announce the date and put it on the street.”

Solar Pier HD is headed to Linux, Mac, Windows,  Ouya, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Wii U, and of course the Dreamcast. It seems only consoles will be affected by the delay.

Sigh.

And the mindless bitching about Microsoft continues here.

I think people might want to tone down their blind hatred and try actually thinking since we don't know what the certification entails and failing Microsoft's certification could be a good thing for all console versions.

@yellowwindow7 Given all the devs signed up for the ID@Xbox program I'm not sure where you're getting that idea from. I'm sure some are skipping Xbox but some are skipping PlayStation too.

Edited by BooneJusticius

@yellowwindow7 Given all the devs signed up for the ID@Xbox program I'm not sure where you're getting that idea from. I'm sure some are skipping Xbox but some are skipping PlayStation too.

some dev's are skipping playstation, well yes! even Nintendo. Sony sometimes need a share of the IP's, some of the indies need to hold the rights of their IP's so they can publish it them self's and i heard MS is giving that option to the indie dev's, especially now with the XBONE, not to mention some time paying for indies to release their games as a timed exclusive on MS platforms like for an example ( Limbo ) and so MS will offer the dev's a great deals of a strong ads for the products and other stuff for keeping it exclusive as possible.

other developers are skipping Microsoft consoles for a similar reason as this topic, JAW aka. Just Add Water is actually skipping MS consoles at first, they announce New 'N' Tasty to be released on all formats except 360 and XBONE, when the fans asked for a reason they said it's MS policies. something about parity clause something, though later they announce that there'll be an XBONE version though no 360, and even then they said that they still have issues with MS parity thingy, which now effect the Wii U version even with the use of Unity.

parity clause.. is something about MS wanted multiplatform games to be released on their console the same time / date as the others with no delays or what so ever ( well that's what i learned about parity clause ), JAW said oddworld new 'n' tasty playstation version is almost done and once they finish them they'll start working on XBONE and Wii U, so i guess even if the ps3 and ps4 versions were ready it will still gonna get wait till they finish at least the XBONE version.

so it's not really skipping them... it's more of a frustrating thing to do, if you're an indie developer who's eagerly wanted to release your multiplatform game to the market to earn something form it and let people to try it out, so i think these devs will ended up by going to sony or Nintendo or even windows platforms first / release their games and later they goes to MS consoles division thing and give their luck a second shot until they get the Go sign.