Pilgrims of the Dark tips?

lpgcavazos

Well, I'm trying to get the two hexes that you obtain by completing the quests and defeating Darklurker... the problem is I just keep sucking at these quests. I fall, enemies kill me quickly, etc.

It's there any tips, I mean like stats, or equipment, weapons, magic, etc in order to complete each quest? I could find it by myself, but I don't want to loose all of my effigies...

Btw I'm at NG+ but my problem was that I leveled up my stats equally, my straight it's like 42, my int like 27 and my faith 34.

If you have trouble avoiding those holes, adjust the brightness of your display so that you can see better.  It doesn't matter if you are on NG+ or NG+++++++, just walk slowly one step at a time and lure out the enemy one at a time.  As for the Darklurker boss, use the  Sunlight Spear on him (make sure you have some spices in handy to recharge your spells, if you run out).   Sunlight spear can easily kill him before he have a chance to split into two.  Note, if you don't have enough stats to use Sunlight spear, just reallocate your intelligent into faith.  You have 27 int which is plenty for converting into faith.   Of course, you could also fight him at close range and roll to avoid his spells, but Sunlight Spear is the easiest route.

Also use poison arrows to take out the Abyssal spirits. Gives you a better edge to melee them down after most of their HP is gone. Other than that just watch some "Pilgrim of the Dark" vids on youtube just to see the layout and enemy locations of each dungeon. To add to the Darklurker info Flame Swathe is also another good spell to use on him plus a fully upgrade rebels shield can block most of his attacks.

Edited by Cabhills

If you have equally distributed stats, have you considered using a mundane weapon build (if you're not already). I don't know exactly how it works, but it uses your lowest levelled stat , so if your stats are equal, it should be an ok build.

Did you upgrade your Chimes or whatever that you use to cast miracles?   If you don't have a good one.  Meet up with me and I will give you a fully upgraded one.  Just let me know what type of Chimes do you need?

Aww, thank you :) Well my chime sucked lol, I used Protective Chime+ 10, and was at 79 faith and still did 300 damage at much :/. I bet Darklurker just running all the time, specially when he splitted in two. And recharging my lame magics with my lame 300 damage :(. I only damaged him like 1/8 of his bar per shot.

I dunno if equipment or something made me inflict less damage :(; but still I'm one step closer to the plat, just need to arrive with the chancellor in the castle for remaining spells  :yay:

300 damage is very low.  I could do much more damage than that with my bare hands. lol.  Seriously, that's very low damage.... no wonder why you have a tough time with him.  There is a ring that will make you weaker, but I'm pretty sure you don't have that ring (don't remember the name of it).   Btw, at 79 faith on NG+ is a lot of faith.  I usually have about 55 faith, just enough to cast Sunlight Spear and allocate the rest to my Endurance and Attunement.   Attunement will also improve casting speed.

I know that's why I got depressed lol. I had like 32 in Int and 52 in faith, so I relocated almost all of my int to faith, just for the battle, but it didn't work. Not sure if my character had glitch or something.
I dunno why running like crazy all the battle and casting spells few times when the both Darklurkers used their sword worked. It was a loooong battle lol.

• 1 month later...

I know that's why I got depressed lol. I had like 32 in Int and 52 in faith, so I relocated almost all of my int to faith, just for the battle, but it didn't work. Not sure if my character had glitch or something.

I dunno why running like crazy all the battle and casting spells few times when the both Darklurkers used their sword worked. It was a loooong battle lol.

There's a certain point where allocating points becomes rather pointless. Leave it at 50 and re(re?)allocate your points.

Also Darklurker is weak to fire, if I recall, so try and use pyromancy or a fire weapon.