Beating the Wendigo and Guados!?

Alright guys, I'm totally stuck! I cant beat the Wendigo!!!! The Wendigo is like a yeti type creature accompanied by two Guados who use Thundara, Auto-Potion, and Berserk on the Wendigo. This is just after you kill Maester Seymour and Anima. I know you use Rikku to steal their Auto-Potions and Yuna to use Esuna on the Wendigo when it becomes Berzerked but I cant do it! When Berzerked, he does over 2500 damage and otherwise, its around 1800. Thats alot!!!! Only Auron has enough health to take a hit like that! His health is a bit above 2200 I believe. Please help!

*****NO SPOILERS PLEASE!*****

Like most RPGs when you cant beat the enemy, train your characters.

Honestly, for where you are and having that much health I would say train. If you were able to go back to the thunder plains you could of trained against cactuars.

if you can use sleep attack and dark attack with wakka then use them, use power break which will reduce its strength, use aeons if you're really struggling. When he lifts his arms use Fira or whatever fire magic you have.

Especially Ifrits Hellfire if you can get it.

Edited by Meacham93
  • Like 1

There's a outstanding guide by precision here in our website to help you.

for this trouble at the moment, cast dispel on him, making him lose his berserk, other than that, if you still have trouble, level up a bit. Power break by Auron also help.

Don't rush trough, it's a masterpiece, that deserves hours of your time just listening to the songs :) such a lullaby

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

you might be underleveled. I forget if the Wendigo is susceptible to Blind or Power Break, did you try those ailments?

I did try Power Break and that seemed to be better than nothing at best. I dont think I have Blind. Who uses that?

Like most RPGs when you cant beat the enemy, train your characters.

Honestly, for where you are and having that much health I would say train. If you were able to go back to the thunder plains you could of trained against cactuars.

if you can use sleep attack and dark attack with wakka then use them, use power break which will reduce its strength, use aeons if you're really struggling. When he lifts his arms use Fira or whatever fire magic you have.

I cant go back there. The game is pretty linear. Im not sure if I had tried Sleep Attack or not but im going to right now.

Get all the summons overdrives filled, begin by pulling in Bahamut, drop a bomb on them, dismiss, then super summon him again. If that doesn't finish them off, dismiss and summon the next one, rinse and repeat. However don't let this become your main tactic or you will for sure end up in too tough an area. I suggest finishing them off and then level up quite a bit. Although I have no idea how you beat Seymour if you're having trouble with that group.

Get all the summons overdrives filled, begin by pulling in Bahamut, drop a bomb on them, dismiss, then super summon him again. If that doesn't finish them off, dismiss and summon the next one, rinse and repeat. However don't let this become your main tactic or you will for sure end up in too tough an area. I suggest finishing them off and then level up quite a bit. Although I have no idea how you beat Seymour if you're having trouble with that group.

They haven't got that far yet. He's still in Macalania, unless he beat it.

I thought he was in the mountain after the Seymour fight in the snow. Forgive me, haven't played the game in 2+ years so don't remember all the story steps. The multi overdrive summon tactic works throughout the game, just don't overuse it.

I pretty much got to the final castle of FFVIII back in the day using almost exclusively GFs, and got waxed by the boss over and over and over. Spent like 5+ hrs leveling and learning how to fight correctly around the castle before I was able to beat her.

I thought he was in the mountain after the Seymour fight in the snow. Forgive me, haven't played the game in 2+ years so don't remember all the story steps. The multi overdrive summon tactic works throughout the game, just don't overuse it.

I pretty much got to the final castle of FFVIII back in the day using almost exclusively GFs, and got waxed by the boss over and over and over. Spent like 5+ hrs leveling and learning how to fight correctly around the castle before I was able to beat her.

He's not long off it but not quite there yet.

I know the feeling, I was never able to complete FF8 in my younger days and can say in all the years I've played it, I've only completed it once. It's more Griever than her but this is whole different conversation.  :giggle:

Edited by Meacham93