Apocalypse Talk Forum

CreativePolicy

~ Anything about apocalypse/post-apocalypse ~

I started this forum because I am a huge fan of these things. I love zombie survivals, Aliens.. 

I enjoy it all. 

Are you a fan? Talk about it! and your interest in it.

Anything goes.. Video games, Movies, Music, Youtube videos.. As long as they are related :)

Quick Question... How does my signature and profile picture look? Be easy on me because i'm sensitive ^~^

Hmm I love the idea of a zombie apocalypse, it seems fun, but I also realize that life is awesome, modern tech, medicine ect and losing that would be awful. 

So as fun as it would be to bash slow brain dead zombies over the head with a bat, current life is better. 

Also I'm asthmatic so I'd be fucked in the end regardless. So if we could get a zombie apocalypse weekend where we respawn on the Monday if we die in the weekend, that would be cool.. also no running zombies please, that just spoils the fun, I'm out of shape as it is and I don't drink as much water as I should, so being chased by zombies with infinite stamina wouldn't be good for an out of shape, asthmatic who cramps easily. So yeah, no runners please.

Your sig is awesome, cut out the black lines though if you can. Also quoting yourself seems ridiculous, if you're saying it, then just say it in your signature, you don't need to quote yourself lol, it's a little silly and a bit pretentious haha.   

Hmm I love the idea of a zombie apocalypse, it seems fun, but I also realize that life is awesome, modern tech, medicine ect and losing that would be awful. 

So as fun as it would be to bash slow brain dead zombies over the head with a bat, current life is better. 

Also I'm asthmatic so I'd be fucked in the end regardless. So if we could get a zombie apocalypse weekend where we respawn on the Monday if we die in the weekend, that would be cool.. also no running zombies please, that just spoils the fun, I'm out of shape as it is and I don't drink as much water as I should, so being chased by zombies with infinite stamina wouldn't be good for an out of shape, asthmatic who cramps easily. So yeah, no runners please.

Your sig is awesome, cut out the black lines though if you can. Also quoting yourself seems ridiculous, if you're saying it, then just say it in your signature, you don't need to quote yourself lol, it's a little silly and a bit pretentious haha.   

It's just a phrase :P And yeah I can get rid of the black lines ^~^ Thanks.

I do think that would be cool if we were able to survive an apocalypse over the weekend and come back normally on Monday, i'd be all over it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I often fantasize about the apocalypse. I know that's a horrible admission and even though IRL I'd probably be as terrified as the next guy/gal, there's still a part of me that wants it to happen. When I say apocalypse, I'm not referring to it in a biblical sense, but rather nuclear fallout. In my mind I know I'd survive as far as adapting to the environment, and I think this has something to do with  my arrogance as far as understanding the true nature of politics. I don't see the world as Left Vs. Right, I see it as humility Vs. assertiveness. Ironic given my ego, but whatever.

Edited by geist_darko

I think most nice people will not survive the apocalypse.  People will kill each others for the limited resources. You will either kill or be killed.  I would rather be dead than to live in a world like that.  Like the poster above me, I don't see the world as Left vs Right either.  I see the world as stupdities and shorted sightedned vs assertiveness and visionary.  Sadly, the stupdities and short sightedness usually win (probably becuase they are the majority).  Unlike in the movies where the good guy usually win at the end, in the real world, the bad guy usually come out ahead.  So, in the age of apocalypse, I think evils will come out ahead.

• Like 1

Any type of apocalyptic event will really root out the weak from the strong, and as Sara stated, the nice won't last. It's a dog-eat-dog world, the lowest of scum will be having a ball (rapists, serial killers, etc.), I wouldn't trust a soul.

• 3 weeks later...

Dante should love this thread last night we chatted for hours about what roles we'd play in the zombie apocalypse.

But mark you need to open up your mind to trust others., cooperation in the darkest of times sets apart the weak from the strong.

Just because the world ends doesn't mean one should turn thier back on the world a little trust can surprise you from time to time.

But I do see where you are coming from some people will flip out when the end comes and in the darkest times the true monsters come forward.

But imo humanity is anyones greatest weapon.

But in the end that is all it is my opinion., I'd try and help as many as I could and hope my good intentions pay off but others will try and go at it alone and to that I wish them luck.

And yes before you say it.

No Good deed goes un-punished.

I know I'd still take the risk though.

I love zombies and the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. About as far as my interest goes. My profile page even sports an image of the Apocalypse Horses from RDR:Undead Nightmare. I wouldn't do well in a real one, though. Despite how much I love horror and macabre, cemeteries alone give me the creeps without something rising from them. Probably my active imagination is to fault. I never feel alone.

Maybe you'd feel more at home during a Fallout Apocalypse then Hoshi?

I woulkdn't wish a end of times scenerio but do wonder how people would handle one.

Personally I'd hate a zombie apocalypse but one more like fallout or Last of us might be interesting.

I don't like zombies due to that they are oddly stealthly that and just annoying at times.

Never played either. Yet, anyway.

That they are. Their bodies are squishy, so makes sense they'd be quiet. Than there's the whole dead thing and having to hit them in the head or behead them to stop them. Not always convenient to do. And the way they mass together...

But the way a zombie shuffles you'd think you could hear them.

That and like you said hoardes of them somehow hide in plain view to crowd you when you least expect it.

A zombie Apocalypse seem's like you'd never really get any rest or time to think at that.

A fallout Apocalypse would be better for me managing supplies, finding shelter and dealing with the occasional weirdo wouldn't be too bad.

Would my apocalypse scenerio be action packed...no.

But i'd enjoy the fact that if I die its my own fault for not spacing supplies also I'd like to see what new civilizations people could come up with.

Now for Hoshi who understands the flaws etc of zombies I present for everyones viewing pleasure.

Zombies vs Vampires....

http://youtu.be/zzq5i3Ks8qk

Edited by lts_Rainbow_Dash

Aw. The zombies held out well. 

I watched enough zombie movies. xD And they're a fairly simple beast.

Perhaps they move too slowly to make enough sound for us to hear them quickly or realize what it is. By the time we do, it's too late. Or those people haven't learned to look over their shoulders constantly.

That, too. Not like the dead needs sleep. You'd need to be constantly on the alert and always moving, never able to stop and make a protective fence so you can grow your own food when the groceries rot and the cans run out because the noise of building would attract more. Unless you luck out. If the zombies don't get you, exhaustion would. 

Tell me about it Hoshi as said in the vid zombies have power in numbers and at that just shuffleing and banging against barriers is there way to summon more zombies to the site no matter how good a fence you build enough zombies bang against it and it will crumble.

That and they are using Biological warefare to increase thier numbers., But in return thier weakness of just blindly attacking gives humans a slight edge.

If the zombie apocalypse did happen would humans be able to really stop it?

A virus evolves to survive that being the case as in games zombies would just split off into stronger and stronger strains of super zombies., and as said with no need to sleep and very few weaknesses they might just outlast the human race and become the next Dom species.

That said I got a question to anyone really.

The zombie apocalypse is here what will your weapon of choice be?

You can choose one long range and one close range weapon.

Me Hunting bow- I could mod it if need be and make ammo for it when need be.

Close range- Screwdriver- swift to swing and hard to block plus easier to hide if need be then a knife....plus no one ever suspects a screwdriver....