Did the Wolf Among Us closely follow the Fables comics? *POSSIBLE SPOILER*

So I finished The Wolf Among Us yesterday and I thought it was fantastic doods, so great that I am now really interested in checking out the Fables comics since I have never read them. I just wanted to know if someone who has played the game and read the comics could tell me if the Wolf Among Us closely followed them?

Edited by Batprinny doods

Well you probably know the game takes place 20 years before the comics.

The only differences is in the Comics Bigby is more scruffy, and makes much more violent decisions (if you play the nice guy sheriff it's probably not a good representation.)

Oh and Bigby's sense of smell is meant to be really good, like smell something a few blocks away good. It leaves a few holes in the game (He would've known Snow's head wasn't Snows in ep1).

TWAU has a few unique characters that aren't in the comics, like the Woodsman, TJ, Gren, Holly, Crooked Man, Georgie etc.

I highly recommend you pick up the comics, they're really good (If you like the game you'll like the comics), and are meant to be ending at 150 issues this or next year. 

• Like 1

Well you probably know the game takes place 20 years before the comics.

The only differences is in the Comics Bigby is more scruffy, and makes much more violent decisions (if you play the nice guy sheriff it's probably not a good representation.)

Oh and Bigby's sense of smell is meant to be really good, like smell something a few blocks away good. It leaves a few holes in the game (He would've known Snow's head wasn't Snows in ep1).

TWAU has a few unique characters that aren't in the comics, like the Woodsman, TJ, Gren, Holly, Crooked Man, Georgie etc.

I highly recommend you pick up the comics, they're really good (If you like the game you'll like the comics), and are meant to be ending at 150 issues this or next year.

Well I pretty much chose every violent decision in the game so glad to hear he is that way in the comics. As for his sense of smell that was something I was wondering about while playing the game because I always thought wolves were suppose to have a great sense of smell. Yeah I'll definitely check them out, thanks for the info.

I picked up the first 2 deluxe editions of fables because I could't stand the wait between the episodes and really liked it. The wolf among us is a good introduction in the fables universe, you're familiar with some of the characters and learn more about them in the comics.

• 1 month later...

Old thread is old but I hope you picked up Fables, dood.  It gets really good after the first two trade paperbacks.  Everything Saltyie said is spot on.  

My heart skipped a beat at Flycatcher's cameo in The Wolf Among Us and Boy Blue's letter to Crane about the air conditioning for Pinocchio. I think I'm going to reread the whole thing now in preparation for the finale next year.

Not to mention James Jean's covers were to die for.

tumblr_lperq8j3AU1qk27a7o1_1280.jpg

Edited by Bucknerd

Old thread is old but I hope you picked up Fables, dood.  It gets really good after the first two trade paperbacks.  

My heart skipped a beat at Flycatcher's cameo in The Wolf Among Us and Boy Blue's letter to Crane about the air conditioning for Pinocchio. I think I'm going to reread the whole thing now in preparation for the finale next year.

Yeah I picked up Fables, I've read the first few issues and I am thoroughly enjoying it so far dood. Definitely a great read