[NDS] 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors question about endings

YonahFuriae

So I completed the game for the third time, getting ending 3 on the first playthrough, 6 on the second and 5 on the third, with each playthrough I felt i got closer to the ending, I thought the third one would be a good ending,

they reached 9th door and found Allice coffin, but when they went for Lotus and Seven they lost Clover, then Junpei found Lotus corpse just before being stabbed in the back.

I really though this would be a good ending but i'm glad since i'll be able to enjoy the mystery of this great story and game for a little longer.

The thing is I don't know how endings work, I choosed Door 4, 8, 1 on my first play, 5, 3 and 2 on the second, and 4, 7, 6 on the first one. Does the path you choose affect the ending you get? Or the choices you made, like the answer you give to clover when she says one of us might be zero affect them too? If the only thing that affect endings are the path you take I just need to complete the game doing different door combinations, but if the decisions plus doors also alter the ending there would be so many possibilities that I should check a guide, wich I wouldn't like for fear of being spoiled.

So my question is what alter the ending, doors, choices, or doors + choices. I don't want to know which path lead to X ending or which choices are important.

I got the knife ending first IIRC.... but axe is still the scariest ending for me... 

hmmmm in endings.. you have to get most of the ending by the doors you pick.... however, there is 2 endings(coffin and true) that you can only get by picking the right decisions/choices + going the specific doors

hmmmm... you can check the flow chart below for guide:

nine_hours_persons_doors_flowchart.png

enjoy and I guess... you are going to play VLR next? ^_^

oh.. forgot to add regarding true ending..

you will only get the true ending if you have already seen the safe ending

Edited by jeieem

It is a combination of choices, doors and completing one other specific route for the true ending. For the bad endings only the doors you take are important.

I know you said you didn't want information about what choices you should make so I won't elaborate further than that without hiding it behind a spoiler tag. I will give you a link to a flowchart that tells you what doors lead to what endings if you do change your mind. It is pretty spoiler free.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/961351-nine-hours-nine-persons-nine-doors/faqs/62430

If you want to know what your next door route should be, it is

(Just the door numbers)

5, 8, 6

After you do that, all that is left is to do the true route. The flowchart will help you there. From the room choices you listed, you have seen all the convos already so no fear of spoilers.

Yeah got VLR for Vita last Tuesday, I'll start it as soon as I complete this one, I love the story and how you uncover it little by little by taking different routes and characters, it's one of the stories that got me hooked the most out of any videogame or visual novel I've played in a long time, i'm enjoying it a lot ^_^

Edit: Oh and thanks for the answers.

Edited by Edo_Oni

Things are much easier in the next game since it let's you jump to pratically any point in the game you've already been to.

(But this kinda killed the fun of memorizing routes and sometimes you forget what happens in each route, not gonna speak much about endings but i can say that most aren't half as scary as the first game was)

Agreed on the Axe ending, that shit-crazy ending is scary as fuck.

What suprised me is that-

SPOILER ALERT (How you guys do that spoiler box thing?)

The multiple runs you do throught the game are all canon, that's not a feature you usually see in games plot-wise.

SPOILER ON VLR!

You know the jumps you can do? They aren't a new feature, like the NG+ for 999, it's canon that Sigma can do that.

SPOILER END

Now the problem i'm dealing with is that Zero Escape 3 is aparently on hold... and i'm not very patient for this kinda stuff T_T

Things are much easier in the next game since it let's you jump to pratically any point in the game you've already been to.

(But this kinda killed the fun of memorizing routes and sometimes you forget what happens in each route, not gonna speak much about endings but i can say that most aren't half as scary as the first game was)

Agreed on the Axe ending, that shit-crazy ending is scary as fuck.

What suprised me is that-

SPOILER ALERT (How you guys do that spoiler box thing?)

The multiple runs you do throught the game are all canon, that's not a feature you usually see in games plot-wise.

SPOILER ON VLR!

You know the jumps you can do? They aren't a new feature, like the NG+ for 999, it's canon that Sigma can do that.

SPOILER END

Now the problem i'm dealing with is that Zero Escape 3 is aparently on hold... and i'm not very patient for this kinda stuff T_T

ahahaha.. ikr.. thanks to Axe ending:

I never trusted clover ever... as in ever... even in vlr

for spoiler:

[_spoiler_]

*insert message here*

[_/spoiler_]

just remove the underscore "_"

well let's just hope that there is a sequel.... *cross fingers*

• Like 1

ahahaha.. ikr.. thanks to Axe ending:

I never trusted clover ever... as in ever... even in vlr

for spoiler:

[_spoiler_]

*insert message here*

[_/spoiler_]

just remove the underscore "_"

well let's just hope that there is a sequel.... *cross fingers*

Lemme test:

Tester

Ok look, as much as she REALLY will screw you over in any of her bad endings (and some of other people's bad endings) in either games remember that while they are cannon they aren't how things really end, the main timeline is only the true ending's line.

Anywho, i'm too tired now to think straight anymore, till next time.

Tsche, people, Yotsuba was the best =D

I wanted to have her with me in every route... too bad it wasn't possible :D

Anyways, to completely answer your initial question. Endings are dependent on door combinations as others said but also by choices.

But the thing is... only important ones and you never know which choice is and which isn't important =D