Today's Music ?

dannyboy_devil

• 1 month later...

There are hundreds of bands similar to old 70's and 80's bands now. You simply have to know which genres to search through.

There are far too many subcategories of music now for the type people look for, as in "80's and 90's" to be easy to come across. I personally do not have much trouble with it though, as almost all the bands I listen to are underground and/or not recognised. Though there are quite a few I like that are mainstream as well. Most of the good Thrash though, I have to say did come from underground 90's Thrash bands. Nowadays they're good, but there are some then that can hardly be compared to. In my opinion, against bands like Hatrix or Purgatory.. Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer pretty much lose their limelight.

I don't really listen to new music very often, most new songs that I hear are terrible and the genres I like aren't really mainstream at the moment.

If I looked deep enough I could probably find music I like made recently, I really can't be bothered though to be honest.

On the plus side, Foo Fighters have a new song that I think is pretty decent B)

You can also find many beautiful orchestrals today. Look up Blacksheep806 for example. Much of "Modern" music isn't to everyones taste, but if you look deep enough, you are almost certain to find something you like. I do have to agree with you on somehing though, much of 80's and 90's Metal seems to have something many neo-Metal bands lack. There was a sense of heaviness and feeling in some that simply could not be described. Something about not everything being picture clear, and being pure and raw is just oh so exquisite in music.