Can PS4's 2.0 Share-Play Feature Replace Demos and even Save Money?

DarknessKey92

I noticed the Share-play feature lets you play your friend's Game without having it yourself, so can this new feature be exploited by Players and be treated as a Better Demo? I mean you are playing your friend's Full game for them, and i'm not sure if the feature is limited or timed...meaning maybe if you wanted could play the whole game if your Friend is generous enough to allow it.

I mean you also wouldn't need to download a large file just to get a "should I get this game" opinion out of the experience.

If its exploitable, could save you a lot of money...if you are one of those "I just want to play the game for fun & Don't care for trophies" kind of player.

I couldn't stop looking at the topic creator's avatar. The share play feature only allows you to play for 60 minutes or one hour.  

Ah I see, that makes sense. I guess it can still be treated as A Timed Demo then without downloading a large file.

Can the person re-do another hour later on the same game? or is it just a 1 shot thing for the title?

Edited by DarknessKey92

Ah I see, that makes sense. I guess it can still be treated as A Timed Demo then without downloading a large file.

Can the person re-do another hour later on the same game? or is it just a 1 shot thing for the title?

To answer that question, I'm not sure. I assume you can re-do another hour. I guess we have to wait until the feature comes out to try it out. 

To answer that question, I'm not sure. I assume you can re-do another hour. I guess we have to wait until the feature comes out to try it out. 

yes you are right.

if it allowed multiple shares after a cool down period, it could be possible to exploit in the sense that.

Let's say I play the whole chapter 1 for my friend in 1 hour, then later once It allowes another share-play could do the next chapter 2...and so forth.

That could be pretty cool.

But another thing we will need to experience to find out is "the available spots for share play" function.

Edited by DarknessKey92

Yeah, since it's limited to 1 hour. Demos have been dying, and this would be a perfect replacement. I assume that's what Sony has in mind anyway. It's good for the players, and good for developers. We get to try a game and decide if we would want it, and their game gets potential buyers.

Apparently there are unlimited amount of times you can "take over" a friend's game. You'll just be kicked out every hour until you redo the process. More of an annoyance than anything else but I'll take it.