The Last of Us Remastered Receives Free MP Maps

McJacs2

Naughty Dog Software has announced that it is giving away two free multiplayer maps as a thank-you gift to fans enduring long matchmaking times in The Last of Us Remastered.

The multiplayer add-on content the studio teased in July - which included a glimpse of new maps for Factions - will be made available for free.

"We've decided to release these two maps for free on both the PS3 and PS4 in appreciation for all of your continued patience as we work to resolve matchmaking issues," says blog post on the Naughty Dog website.

Naughty Dog has deployed LiveUpdates and Patch 1.02 to ease the matchmaking issue, though it says there's still further work to do. There's no date for when the issue may be fixed, but the studio estimates that the timeframe is "on the short side of weeks, rather than months."

In the meantime, players are advised that, "if you find yourself waiting to get into a match, the best thing you can do is exit matchmaking and select 'Find Match' again."

Courtesy of IGN

I wonder if this means that the map packs will include trophies, and if so will they be the same across systems or will there be bullshit trophies on PS3 and easier ones on PS4 like the previous map packs. Regardless it gives me an excuse to go back and play one of the best MP experiences around.

What are your thoughts?

Awesome; I've played about 10-15 hours of TLoU MP so far; and loved every minute. It's so tactical and different; glad I finally got around to playing it!

Free maps are amazing; thanks Naughty Dog! I was going to continue to support your incredible games anyway, but I've got even more reason now :D

That's great news for those who still play it, but I am so done with the mp. 

Having team mates step right in my line of sight as I'm shooting at an opponent was a common occurrence and worse still the constant kill stealing got to be too much. I did have some fun playing it though