Avoiding MP Grinding (DA: Inquisition)

Sra-000

So apparently DA: Inquisition will have four-player co-op multiplayer.

I'm sure there will be plenty of posts and comments in the upcoming weeks about the various features, but the thing that really got my attention is the fact that you can "purchase platinum if you don't want to grind." They're calling platinum an "optional time saver currency."

Since the trophy list hasn't been released yet, this will have to be speculation, but it's safe to assume some of the trophies will be multiplayer-related. What's everyone's opinion about buying an in-game shortcut to a Platinum trophy? If you can optionally avoid grinding, does it cheapen the accomplishment?

Edited by Sra-000

Yes, I saw this just after I finished writing mine. I did change my title, though, since what I'm really interested in discussing is the general concept of spending money to buy a "no-grinding" shortcut. Has this ever been offered in a game before?

Edited by Sra-000

Well, they haven't really specified what they mean by it being "time-saver currency." If it's just a deal where you can buy a really good weapon or armor or something that will make your road easier, then yeah, that's been done a lot. But if there's a trophy for, say, reaching level 50, and you can spend $20 to get to level 30, how does that affect people's opinion of the plat? Would you spend money to make it easier on yourself, or do it the "legit" way? Does it really matter?

http://www.dragonage.com/#!/en_US/news/multiplayer-faq

"

There was a leak of DAI achievements with exclusive MP achievements. Is that the case?

·         There will be no exclusive MP achievements. Achievements are one way to keep players engaged, but with Dragon Age multiplayer, we have other ways to improve engagement. We will have a full challenge system implemented at launch, letting you pursue and track dozens of different challenges. Completing a challenge may also give you a reward. The challenge system will also be used to implement weekly operations. Every week, we will launch a new operation. Complete the operation, and you will receive a reward."

Maybe this could help

The usual micro-transaction system thrown into every EA game eventually.  Not surprised, starting to become the industry trend with most games sadly.

Even Ubisoft is really getting into it.  They're going to keep doing this as long as it makes money.  I just find it amazing that it almost seems like so many people pay for instant reward than actually playing the games these days.