Rebuilding Database

RockySanchez666

I turned my PS3 on earlier tonight and I got rebuilding database update. it's deleted all of my messages. should I be worried about my files like movies. photos. music & gaming data & saves on my PS3. ps sorry if in wrong forum

If you are back on your PS3, can't you check to see if these are uneffected yourself?

If I recall, the database rebuilding just deletes PSN messages and organizational things (like if you group your XMB items by Album). Game data, saves and other files should be a-ok.

Strange one that Rocky, is this after the most recent firmware update? It seems strange it went into the rebuild db task without you requesting it, unless you didn't shut down correctly at some point. As others have said though it clears your messages only and to my mind is similar to a defrag hard drive task on your pc so will put programs and shizzle together for speed of loading and access.

this happened to me a couple of times. nothing to worry about though, its just fixing some errors and making your ps3 a bit faster. you should do that manually once every month or two.

all it does is delete all messages, rename all songs to their original names (lets say you had track 1, track 2, and then you renamed them to "song a" "song b", after rebuilding database it goes back to track 1) and i think thats all. it also makes your trophy syncing faster.