Catcher Chocobo and Input Lag

kitsune29

While I have experienced a lag in regard to Tidus' Overdrive abilities, I didn't have any problem with either Chocobo mini-game (Calm Lands or Remiem Temple).  The one trophy I seem to have a problem in earning is for dodging the lightning bolts in the Thunder Plains due to lag.  It seems much easier on PS2 than PS3.

• Like 1

I refuse to believe that this dreaded minigame is solely a matter of luck with regard to balloon placement^^

It's not solely a matter of luck, but there is a significant element of luck involved.  If you don't get a favorable placement of balloons, you're going to have an extraordinarily difficult -- if not impossible -- time getting your time down below 0.0.0.  You'll need some skill and experience knowing where the invisible walls are and ways to dodge the stupid birds without losing too much time (or missing balloons for no good reason), but it's moot if you get a craptacular set-up.

While I have experienced a lag in regard to Tidus' Overdrive abilities, I didn't have any problem with either Chocobo mini-game (Calm Lands or Remiem Temple).  The one trophy I seem to have a problem in earning is for dodging the lightning bolts in the Thunder Plains due to lag.  It seems much easier on PS2 than PS3.

Completely agree in regards to lightning bolts.  Back when I played it on the PS2, I was able to easily get 200 dodges but now I am struggling just to get 5 :(.

To the OP, whether you like it or not the chocobo minigame does require patience and practice.  The latter is obvious, but you have to be patient because the balloon placement does make a large difference.  Keep at it though :D

First and foremost, thanks for your replies.

EDIT: Playing on a smaller screen definitely helped me a great deal, however, as you mentioned before, it did not affect the lag. I was convinced about the lag since I read about it on both YouTube comments as well as various trophy guides, nevertheless I cannot confirm it. I finally managed to beat that minigame in 46 attempts and approx. 3 hours, it is indeed a matter of skill. I didn't have the perfect layout of five balloons on the right side, however I still somehow managed to get 12 balloons and finish the race in 34.9 seconds. To all still struggling, keep trying and memorise certain movement patterns (especially in the beginning) and you will eventually beat that minigame. Good luck, you can do it!

Edited by kitsune29