Is this the version I want to get?

Dreakon13

I'm getting more and more intrigued with this game.  I have Diablo III on the PC, but not Reaper of Souls.  The game didn't thrill me.  Mindless mouse clicking, playing with my one other friend who actually had a PC that could run it.  While the game looked cool, it barely kept my interest long enough to finish the original acts.

However, having friends over with some couch coop, we've loved playing games like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Dungeon Siege 3, etc. in the past.  The "mindless" stuff works a little better when you're playing and having fun with a few other people in the same room as you.  Get some snacks together, some beers/sodas, etc.  So Diablo III for the PS3 seems like it could be right up our alley.

I'm curious, Reaper of Souls is the version to get right?  It comes with the original game, and the Reaper of Souls act/features?  There's no real benefit to just getting the vanilla non-expansion version?

Also...

Is the PS4 version distinctly better in any way?  Better enough to hold off trying it until I get a PS4 sometime next year?

Edited by Dreakon13

In my experience, the only real advantage to getting the PS4 version is the MUCH better looking graphics. Things look smoother, run better, and generally feel less obtrusive than on PS3. I would imagine the extra power of the PS4 will help prevent any slowdown with couch coop, but I haven't played local coop on D3.

I guess I'm more concerned with the content that's available if I purchase "Reaper of Souls" and not the vanilla game.  I don't want to buy this and realize I'm missing the first 4 acts or something. :shakefist:

Though if the PS3 release has issues with slowdowns when playing more than just one player, that'd be interesting to know as well. :lol:

And while I'm here...

How does the game work with maintaining character data?  If player one is signed into their PS3 profile/PSN account... can the other 3 players playing locally (couch coop) save their levels/equipment and stuff?

Edited by Dreakon13