seath scaless tail cut ng+ HELP !

Tomoko Kuroki

• 4 months later...

The soul games are actually easier on ng+, your just too strong. This is an old thread but when I made it I spent easily a few hours trying to cut his tail off, I used the large club ( which is too overpowered ) but it's blunt, and I tried other weapons I had but nothing was really good, for what I had anyways. When I tried the black knight halberd I think I hit him 2-3 times and tail was cut. If anyone has trouble with this. Use a halberd.

May I ask what makes it so hard in NG+? I mean, what do you have a problem with? Survival or actually cutting it?

It can be a bit of both, depending on your gear.

I hear a lot of people also make the mistake of trying to stay as close to the base of his tail as possible, this is actually something that can make it unnecessarily harder to sever, as it will sometimes register as you hitting his body, not the tail, it's best to stay as close to the tip of his tail as possible. Like the other 3 bosses with removable tails, Seath's tail has an unseen HP gauge all it's own (although it still damages Seath), and takes the most punishment. Another helpful thing would be to have a weapon capable of dealing out lightning damage, as he is like every other dragon in Dark Souls, weak to lightning.

I can't remember if you can lock onto Seath's tail or not, but I'd advise against doing so, as your attacks will track his body more than his tail, whereas not locking on will just make you attack in the direction you're facing.

Well. that was a longer post than expected...

It's such a long time since I played the game, so excuse me if this is not a good idea, but I think throwing a couple of fireballs or similar at the tail from a distance is the way to go. Getting someone to co-op with you would also work great, then one can stand on each side of Seath, one be the center of attention for Seath and the other cut the tail.

Edited by MMDE

It's such a long time since I played the game, so excuse me if this is not a good idea, but I think throwing a couple of fireballs or similar at the tail from a distance is the way to go. Getting someone to co-op with you would also work great, then one can stand on each side.

Not a bad idea actually, you could even substitute Fireball with another Pyromancy (I'd personally go with Great Chaos Fireball), or even Lightning Spear or a Crossbow. You could also make your partner draws Seath's attention while you go for the tail.