The Wire

willmill97

This show is sooooooooo good! THE most realistic and one of the best pieces of moving picture I've ever seen. I have some questions for people that have watched it all. Full spoilers ahead!

1) What are your favourite seasons from best to worst?

Mine goes 4>3>1>5>2

2) What are your favourite theme songs from best to worst?

Mine goes 4>5>3>1>2

3) Who are your top 10 favourite characters? 

Mine are: 

-1) Omar Little

-2) Bodie Broadus

-3) D'Angelo Barksdale

-4) Jimmy McNulty

-5) Stringer Bell

-6) Neymond Brice

-7) Chris Partlow

-8) Bunk 

-9) Marlo Stanfield

-10) Snoop Pearson

4) What is your favourite quote? 

Mine is my profile comment up there ^ by Omar Little to Wee-Bey

5) What is your favourite scene?

Slim shooting Cheese in the series finale was just brilliant and the chess scene in Season 1. Randy getting confronted by bullies outside the school, then Michael looking like he's about to betray Randy, but then just wacks the bully in the face with the bag is a classic. And not to forget the 'Dexter' reference in Season 5 :P

6) What is your personal saddest scene?

Mine is probably either the first few seconds when you see Bubbles hang himself, or Wallace's death. And Dukie doing herion at the end :(

7) Who do you think is the best actor/actress on the show?

Either Andre Royo as Bubbles or Michael K Williams as Omar, for me. 

8) What your personal most shocking moment?

Omar getting shot by FUCKING KENARD! FUCK YOU KENARD! was the obvious one. But Bodie's death, D'Angelo's death, the kid killed by the stray bullet, seeing Bubbles hanging himself, and Chris beating Michael's stepdad to death are also very shocking. 

9) What is your favourite pre-intro credits scene? 

Mine is without a shadow of a doubt, McNulty's drunk driving sequence in Season 2, fucking classic. And even though it's ranked as one of the worst episodes of the show, the season 5 premiere with the printer and then 'Truth' and 'Lie' thing I thought was just fucking hilarious.

What are yours?

Edited by willmill97
  • Like 2

Oh, fuck yeah - The Wire definitely better than sex.

Seasons: 4>2>1>3>5

They were all top-notch, but Season 4 has to be the best Season of any television I've watched in all my years - shit's tight, yo.

Season 2 had the best theme song, I think. The others were definitely quality, too.

I really agree with your list, but I'd have to add Michael some where in there, along with The Greek, and Bubs :P

"This shit right here, D, is forever." - Stringer Bell

I really thought the scene in Season 2, when Ziggy just loses his temper and shoots the guys in the shop was unexpected and great. Oh, and when the father (forgot his name) went to meet The Greek not knowing he was about to "get got" was pretty powerful.

My boy, Wallace, son ;( I never felt as much sadness for a TV character as that moment in The Wire.

I honestly don't have the words to describe how much I love this show - I'm as giddy as a school girl. My main man, Em, introduced me to this show after I went through "initiation" and I fuckin' savoured every moment. It really is on par with the Second Coming of Jesus in terms of how engrossed and dynamic each character is. Every plot line, piece of dialogue, and interactivity felt organic as if the show were writing itself, which few shows do. I'm actually thinking of rewatching the entire series, and I finished it back in February, if I recall correctly?

This show makes me moist :awesome:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

This show is sooooooooo good! THE most realistic and one of the best pieces of moving picture I've ever seen. I have some questions for people that have watched it all. Full spoilers ahead!

How did I not see this thread last year :o...my favourite show of all time and I need to promote it more so I am bringing back this old topic ^_^

Why you should watch the show :D

Mine goes 2, 4, 4, 1, 5 (although initially I hated 2...now I think it is the best :D)

Mine goes 2, 3, 5, 1, 4

Mine are: 

1. Bunny

2. Bunk.

3. Bubbles

4. Omar

5. WeeBey

6. Stringer

7. Lester

8. Jay

9. Frank

10. Norman

"Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, you and your cuz both would be cadaverous motherfuckers." Prop Joe was such a badass in the first couple of seasons

Too many, too many :D.

-Bunny talking about the fucked up school system and how they can't give up on the children.

-Bubble's speech in season 5

-Sergei talking to Prop Joe in Season 2 (with nicky)

-Lester and Bubbles selling the fake phones to Bernard

-The opening of Season 4 and 5

-Bunny talking to WeeBey in Prison

Too many :D

Oh geez...here we go. Wallace when he figures out what Bodie and Poot are going to do to him is the incredibly sad. These are just children and to think they have to deal with that...I can't even imagine. On a different kind of sad, Bubble's speech in season 5. I still get choked up when he starts talking about Sherrod

Andre Royo as Bubbles for sure. No character changed that much over the course of the show and Andre brings so much depth to the character

Chris and Micheal's dad

You knew he was going to die, but damn. Chris always seemed so composed but after that scene you realized that there might be more to his past than he lets on. What is also awesome about the Wire is they don't need to tell you what was in his past...that is what good storytelling is, Show don't Tell

The Opening to Season 4. It was Snoop buying the nail gun from "home depot" Just her talking so casually with the shop owner meanwhile the viewer knows what she is going to use that Nail Gun for (and the guy kind of does by the end as well). Then her talking with Chris in the car schooling him on the best choice of nail guns ^_^

And for those who want more Wire :D

Edited by Dr_Mayus

I love the complete package, but I'd say the first two seasons are the best because it's less politics.

I like them all. Dont remember them all right now. But I generally enjoy the bluesy ones.

McNulty

Bubbles

Omar

Buck

Lester

Ziggy

Brodie

Prop. Joe

Nick Sobotka

Rawls

Hmm. There's plenty but I cant think of one now :facepalm:

When McNulty has to wear the european mens purse and do the whorehouse bust.

Has to be Omar's death and personally just the ending to the entire series. I cryed. It was sad to see it go, but all good things must come to an end :)

Dominic West without a doubt. Pablo Schreiber is a great actor, but he didnt become one of my absolute favorites until I saw him in Orange is the New Black.

Omar's death, D'Angelos death, The death of one of the gang kids at the end of season 1, cant remember his name right now unfortunately.

Like mentioned above the McNulty drunken drive scene is fucking epic, that has to be it!

Edited by LovesAnInjection