glitch?

matso1987

here s the deal guys. im on 95% game status, sure i ve done all the random chars, but only 12 not 14 cause i kill the others in story. it has something to do with this?i have to play it all over?help if u know, or happened to u..

reply 1

dear steve the links u posted are the ones i ve been using too. i have 12 encouters but killed some in the story this affects the trophy? when exacly u take the 5% from the random encouters?when u ve done it all ofcourse but is there any kind of notification?

reply 2

quintriplet is it posseible in this site to see your gtaiv stats? because i thought it was only for gta v

Edited by matso1987

Taken from the guide on playstationtrophies.org:

For this particular 5% progression, you need to complete ALL random character encounters. Some characters have more than 1 mission for you and it is required that you complete each one.

**Note that Missions relating to Jeff, Ivan, Clarence or Cherise do not count towards this progression and so do not have to be completed towards 100%.**

Here's a link to a map of the locations of where to find them:

http://www.supercheats.com/guides/files/guid/grand-theft-auto-4/randomcharacters.jpg

Here's a more in-depth guide of the encounters:

http://www.gta4.net/random-characters/

Also the guide on this site has a check-list of everything required for 100% in case you're missing something else:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/12-Grand-Theft-Auto-IV/41-Key-To-The-City

i was stuck at like 97.something percent for a while as well...i had missed some of the friend activities...you have to do all possible activities with all possible friends...good advice by stevieboy above...likely you've missed more than just random characters...have a look at the checklist...

dear steve the links u posted are the ones i ve been using too. i have 12 encouters but killed some in the story this affects the trophy? when exacly u take the 5% from the random encouters?when u ve done it all ofcourse bu is there any kind of notification?

I forget exactly as it's been a while since I played the game. Maybe the 5% doesn't get added until you finish all the encounters completely. Once you've met a character for the first time I'm sure it adds 1 to the encounters but you have to meet some of them more than once and complete their "mini" story for it to count towards the 100%. The characters you can kill in the main story do not count towards the 100% and therefore don't affect the trophy.

There's quite a few random encounters so even if you've killed some there should be plenty more around. Maybe go after security vans, I don't think any characters are associated with those I think they just randomly spawn. I found signing up for Rockstar's Social Club really helpful to track game completion, too.