Vita doing updates its never done before

Tomoko Kuroki

Turned on my vita before and it said trophy information synced with server ( normally to sync I just go in my trophies, now it did it just by logging in )

The live area screen has been refreshed, no idea what this is, and never seen this before.

And for some unknown reason the game was reinstalling muramasa rebirth. 

Whats going on, did I do something ?

I'll try and answer your questions as best as I can.

Turned on my vita before and it said trophy information synced with server ( normally to sync I just go in my trophies, now it did it just by logging in )

Trophies seem to be syncing automatically on PS systems nowadays. My PS3 synced trophies without me doing it myself, in fact I was still playing the game in question when I looked at my profile on this site and some of the trophies I had earned were on my profile and I hadn't synced them yet. Also, PS+ members can set the Vita to auto sync trophies to the server too.

The live area screen has been refreshed, no idea what this is, and never seen this before.

The Live Area screen is the screen that appears right after you click on one of the bubbles. Those refresh every so often. Here is a link to a little more info on what it is: http://faq.anz.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6540/~/what-is-a-ps-vita-system-livearea%3F

And for some unknown reason the game was reinstalling muramasa rebirth. 

Not too sure about this one. Maybe there was an update or some DLC that was being installed when you clicked on the bubble?

Whats going on, did I do something ?

No, not really. :P

Edited by Stevieboy

Usually when I accidentally leave my Vita on overnight or something, I'll come back to it and see that the trophies have synced as well as the live area...so maybe that's it.  As for the Muramasa reinstall, so idea, are you sure it's not the mini auto install each time you boot up the Vita or a patch? I just was playing Neptunia Rebirth, and it took me a while to actually get to the game, it seemed to take a bit longer than usual.

hmmmm... could answer 1 question:

It is one of PS+ feature: Automatic Update 

Setting > PSN > Automatic Update Setting

QzF44MG.jpg?1?8081

well you can disable it just by un-checking the box if you don't want the trophies to be automatically synced...

with regards to Muramasa Rebirth...  I am not sure, have you downloaded it's latest patch? if not, I think it's the same as above, if the game has patch, your vita can automatically download the patch for you when you go online thanks to Automatic Update... 

Edited by jeieem