Ex-PlayStation Home devs want to build a new virtual world for PS4 called Neotopia

kidhero99

I never cried after PS Home, I used it once. PS Home wasn't exactly why I bought PS3 in the first place. I only want to know why are you people so attached to it - just because they'll shut it down? Or does someone really need it or want it?

There are plenty of people that want it. Just because you never cared for it or became attached to it doesn't mean everyone shares that opinion. 

Parker

• Like 1

I've never cared about any horrible attempts at a social network that game companies implement.  I've never even tried PS Home and don't care to, Miiverse seems horribly implemented and full of bratty kids, and PS4's Playroom seems kinda dumb too.

Good riddance, PS Home.  I've heard nothing but bad news coming out of that place.

There are plenty of people that want it. Just because you never cared for it or became attached to it doesn't mean everyone shares that opinion. 

Parker

Of course it doesn't, that's why I asked, wondering if it's only a tiny minority of PSN users who really want it or not. Maybe I sounded a bit rude, and maybe I'll sound even a bit more rude saying this but what I wanted to hear was reasons for people reacting such dramatically to the shutting down, not a lesson about respecting people's opinions.

I mean it could be replaced with a GTA V demo without any missions or cars, right? :lol:

Edited by Sikatiiker

Of course it doesn't, that's why I asked, wondering if it's only a tiny minority of PSN users who really want it or not. Maybe I sounded a bit rude, and maybe I'll sound even a bit more rude saying this but what I wanted to hear was reasons for people reacting such dramatically to the shutting down, not a lesson about respecting people's opinions.

I mean PS Home's basically like playing GTA without doing any missions, crime or driving fast cars, right? :lol:

I don't have exact numbers but I seem to recall a PlayStation Blog post saying there are over a hundred thousand people that still regularly log onto PlayStation Home. The reason for people acting so dramatically is quite simple, they enjoyed the service and don't want it to end. It would be like shutting down a CoD multiplayer, there are thousands of people who wouldn't give two shits if that happened but at the same time there are thousands of people who would care because they still play CoD online. 

Personally, I found Home to be fairly boring and the only times I ever really got on was when Mark from Classic Game Room would invite me to his hang out. Those times Home was pretty goddamn awesome, not because of the service itself but because hanging out and talking video games with Mark was a great experience. If you're into The Sims or the Second Life thing, I can definitely see how Home could appeal to you and I think the service had a lot of potential, actually. 

Parker

• Like 1