So how is this game after all?

Gwinambele

Is it worth buying?

Is it close to Dead Space 1/2 when it comes to atmosphere? Dead Space was perfect to me thx to sound and shadow/light plays almost entire game. I had goose-fleshall the time. Is it at least close to that feeling?

I know there is a lot reviews and i've watched few of them but i still cant decide.

I dont want to buy it and it turn as weak game (Yes im looking at you watch dogs><)

So give me your opinions, your good and bad things.

THX

I'm still in the early hours, probably around 4th hour, and I'm happy to report it feels very dead space 1.  If you love Dead Space 1 and it's atmosphere, you'll probably love Alien: Isolation. 

BUT, it can be extremely brutal. Manual saves only, if you die you start back at your last manual save. Save stations are spread out about as much as they are in Dead space, but I have missed one or two. This can be good or bad, depending on if you like that much of a challenge. 

Oh, and I think it's amazing how the Alien is with you everywhere you go. I thought it was like a classic horror game, and since I was in a small enclosed space with not much room for hiding, that the Alien wouldn't come. I sprinted around a bit and get impaled on the aliens 'spike'. It really gets the message across that no-where is safe.

• Like 2

I'm happy to report it feels very dead space 1.  If you love Dead Space 1 and it's atmosphere, you'll probably love Alien: Isolation. 

thats a great news

it can be extremely brutal. Manual saves only, if you die you start back at your last manual save. Save stations are spread out about as much as they are in Dead space, but I have missed one or two. This can be good or bad, depending on if you like that much of a challenge.

thats not a problem for me at all.

Im an "old school gamer".

I grew up at the times when most of  games didnt have checkpoints almost at all (if any. f5/f8 was abused if you know what i mean:D)

So i think ill give it a try

• Like 2

It is a very fearful game with the alien always on your tail.The scarce supplies makes it even scarier.The other enemies in the game are androids and humans,which aren't as brutal as the alien,but are tough too.The androids are tough and come in groups,while humans can die quick,but they have guns.The game is a great edition to the survival horror genre,helping the genre come back to life.

For me it is an amazing game. Like everyone else said, you're never safe.

I'm playing on easy to begin with just for the story and also for collectibles but i missed the medi-kit blueprint so i haven't been able to heal myself ever! I have been on a slither of health since mission 3 and i'm almost finished the game. Having no health has turned my game from easy to cautiously hiding and crouch walking everywhere which is how i think the game should be played. I suppose it isn't a bad thing that i can't heal myself, made it quite fun knowing that even an insect landing on me would kill me :P

I had a lot of fun playing this game and really enjoyed the atmosphere and attention to detail that was put into this world. It's about a fifteen hour game, but felt like much less because I had such fun.

Personally, this game wasn't really as scary as I was hoping it would be. Sure, you feel tense when you're hiding from the Alien and he walks right by you, sniffing you out - but aside from two or three jump scares I never really felt a true sense of dread

Lastly, my only real gripe is that the ending is freakin' awful

I'm enjoying it so far. I dont really find the game that scary since, you know it's Alien. Everyone knows what it is so that factor is kinda out there and there's really nothing new jumping at you. Sure I've jumped plenty of times, but personally I consider this more of a first person stealth game then a horror game =D

• Like 1

• 8 months later...