Tv shutdown after my computer overheated.

Tomoko Kuroki

After updating malware bytes ( dunno if this is the problem )

But not long after my computer completely turned off and nothing was loading properly whatsoever, it felt insanely slow, I did a system restore, hope it helped.

But the thing that troubled me the most was that my TV turned off completely aswell. The only thing connecting my TV to my computer is my HDMI.

i found out it had nothing to do with my computer, its actually the wiriing in this apartment that sucks.

My tv doesnt work anymore, my computer shuts down the second I turn a game on.

Im affraid to buy a tv and play on my ps3 because it might kill them both just like it did my tv.

And Im affraid of playing my vita for when I have to charge it, it can blow it up too.

I was gonna buy a ps4 this weekend. Forget about that

My life is over I dunno what to do.

Edited by Lilth

i found out it had nothing to do with my computer, its actually the wiriing in this apartment that sucks.

My tv doesnt work anymore, my computer shuts down the second I turn a game on.

Im affraid to buy a tv and play on my ps3 because it might kill them both just like it did my tv.

And Im affraid of playing my vita for when I have to charge it, it can blow it up too.

I was gonna buy a ps4 this weekend. Forget about that

My life is over I dunno what to do.

Sue them for the bad wiring.

Buy a power surge adaptor or board. Problem solved.

I already had a power surge. Won't buying a new one just cause it to die like the other one did ( over time I guess ? Took 2 years for this to happen, been living in this place 2 years now )

And if I buy a power surge, it still doesn't fix the problem with the apartment having bad wiring ? It's just a temporary fix no ?

I mean I'll tell my landlord to get an electrician. Reason im posting is because I don't know these things. My tv died and it wasnt even turned on.

Edited by Lilth

I already had a power surge. Won't buying a new one just cause it to die like the other one did ( over time I guess ? Took 2 years for this to happen, been living in this place 2 years now )

And if I buy a power surge, it still doesn't fix the problem with the apartment having bad wiring ? It's just a temporary fix no ?

I mean I'll tell my landlord to get an electrician. Reason im posting is because I don't know these things. My tv died and it wasnt even turned on.

The reality is the landlord will probably not fix the wiring.

If you get a surge protection board from a brand name like Belkin, they offer a warranty to protect your electronic goodies. That's about as good as you're going to get.

Hey Lilith, It sounds like the wiring at the box outside is more than likely the culprit. I was on a job once where a simliar incident was happening come to find out the idiots hooked up the outside wiring wrong. Caused them all kinds of problems. Light's blowing out quickly, appliances all of a sudden stop working. You could ask your landlord to look into it. Truth of the matter is he/she probably won't. Could get your state inspector to look into it. If it is that, that is a major fire hazard. 

Don't mess with the wiring though, call your landlord and/or an electrician and send the landlord the bill or call the state inspector. State lives to shut down people like that. Well, depends on the state actually.... some states could care less.

I'm a master electrician of many years. 

Edit: and to answer one of your questions, buying another surge protector is a temp fix yes, Surge protector's can only take so much though depending on quality, but get an electrician. The house i worked on, they actually lived in that house for 14 years with the wiring like that. It does take awhile to deteriorate. If you've only been there for 2 years, then it's already been going on quite awhile. 

Edited by TalynnStrike