Help with Vita saves?

NEET_Weeaboo

I got the free PS+ trial a few months back when Dragon's Crown was a free PS+ game, and after my trial ended of course I could no longer play the game, so I backed up the game, and the game save on my PC. But today I purchased a physical copy of Dragons Crown.

So my question is, is there a way to move just the save onto my vita, without having the downloaded game on there too, I know this would be possible if I had PS+ by backing up my save data, deleting the game on my memory card, and then downloading the PS+ backed up save data, but without PS+ is it possible to just delete the game, without deleting my saves? Of course if I had PS+ I wouldn't be worrying about this in the first place since I would still be able to play the downloaded Dragons Crown...

You said you have the save backed up on your PC right? Can't you just import the save from PC back onto the Vita?

If you have the save file backed up and the game cartridge in the Vita, it should transfer back onto the cart.

Yes but it is the game save, and the game, doesn't it not let you seprate the save data and the game data, IE if I wanted to delete DLC from a game, I would have to delete the game save as well, so in this case if I wanted to delete the game I would have to delete the save as well

Yes but it is the game save, and the game, doesn't it not let you seprate the save data and the game data, IE if I wanted to delete DLC from a game, I would have to delete the game save as well, so in this case if I wanted to delete the game I would have to delete the save as well

That's not how it works. If you back up a save file, that's all you're backing up. Also, If you have a downloaded version of a game and try to launch a hardcopy it will ask if you want to transfer the save from the downloaded version and vice versa.

• Like 1

That's not how it works. If you back up a save file, that's all you're backing up. Also, If you have a downloaded version of a game and try to launch a hardcopy it will ask if you want to transfer the save from the downloaded version and vice versa.

You can't just back up a game save file, you have to back up the entire bubble, which means the game, the DLC, and the Save data, or at least for vita games, right?

Anyways so I transferred my PS+ copy from my PC, I insert my Physical copy and it still says "This application has expired"

Edit:OH never mind I got it thanks, I just re-inserted the game and this time it popped up, Thanks for the help, and also if there is some magical way to only back up the game save on a digital game please tell me.

Edited by NEET_Weeaboo

You can't just back up a game save file, you have to back up the entire bubble, which means the game, the DLC, and the Save data, or at least for vita games, right?

Anyways so I transferred my PS+ copy from my PC, I insert my Physical copy and it still says "This application has expired"

Edit:OH never mind I got it thanks, I just re-inserted the game and this time it popped up, Thanks for the help, and also if there is some magical way to only back up the game save on a digital game please tell me.

Well I only back up saves to the online storage which can only store saves. I haven't ever backed up to PS3 or PC through content manager but I assumed you could do the same.

Well I only back up saves to the online storage which can only store saves. I haven't ever backed up to PS3 or PC through content manager but I assumed you could do the same.

No I am pretty sure you can't just back up saves for vita games, but I think you can for PSP games. Anyways I should probably get PS+ some day so I could use the online storage...

Anyways thanks again for the help

No I am pretty sure you can't just back up saves for vita games, but I think you can for PSP games. Anyways I should probably get PS+ some day so I could use the online storage...

You can back up Vita saves both ways.

But PS+ storage is by far the best way.

Confirmed: you *CAN* backup Vita saves both ways. There is no more reason to doubt it.

Also, it's pretty much the main reason I decided to buy a year of Plus, and it is totally worth it for that reason alone.

Confirmed: you *CAN* backup Vita saves both ways. There is no more reason to doubt it.

Also, it's pretty much the main reason I decided to buy a year of Plus, and it is totally worth it for that reason alone.

Although once the year's up you're screwed unless you renew it by paying for another years worth but hey... This is why I'm not wasting any money on PS +. I'd much rather spend that money on games or other, more important things than let Sony steal the money by taking it and the games if I find I can't pay anymore or my internet goes out for whatever reason.

• Like 1

Although once the year's up you're screwed unless you renew it by paying for another years worth but hey... This is why I'm not wasting any money on PS +. I'd much rather spend that money on games or other, more important things than let Sony steal the money by taking it and the games if I find I can't pay anymore or my internet goes out for whatever reason.

Nope, not screwed at all. I still have access to my saves on my Vita and PS3 if I *CHOOSE* not to renew (I likely will renew). You consider Plus a waste of money, I clearly do not. That's the beauty many people fail to see. We are *both* right in this scenario. I'm well aware of the limitations of Plus and choose to use what I find worth it. You use words like steal, waste and screwed when the terms of Plus clearly indicate you will lose access to items that were obtained free from Plus if you decide not to renew the *service*. If someone is not an informed consumer, they're an idiot. And an idiot and their money are soon parted. 

• Like 2

I was referring to backing up only your save in the situation where you have the game digitally for example Sword Art Online Hallow Fragment, I bought the US release which is Digital Only, So if I wanted to back up my save to PC, I would also Back up the entire game, not just the save.

I know you can back up a save on PC, HOWEVER you can not back up just a save, if you have any DLC it will back that up, and if the game is a digital download it will back up the entire game too. Or at least that is what I am assuming since no one has bothered to correct me yet, after asking.

Yup me too, I would rather spend my money on games I want rather than hoping they release a good Vita game on PS+. Also nice Digimon pic, can't wait for Cyber Sleuth.

• Like 1