How to get a Pokemon OR/AS demo code

Lady Lilith

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/10/nintendo-reveals-ways-obtain-oras-demo-code-us-gamers/

G_2o1j1EQnLkYAw4wL5D_uR1gn2SQ0xI.jpg

As some of you may know by now, US Pokemon Trainers who did the steps, which you can read about here, to sign up for the Pokemon Newsletter should be receiving an ORAS Demo code soon. But, what about those of us who didn’t sign up for the newsletter by the deadline?

Well, you’re in luck! Nintendo announced that there will be more ways to get a special demo code for Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, and there are quite a few! These are directly from the announcement.

• Codes will be distributed at select cinema locations nationwide from Nov. 7–Nov. 13 (while supplies last).
  • Check with your local retailer during the holidays to find out about special demo code giveaways (while supplies last).
  • Get a code with your purchase of the new Pokémon Art Academy game (out Oct. 24) when you buy from Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system.
  • You’ll also get a code with your purchase of one of two classic Pokémon games coming to the Virtual Console service on Nintendo eShop: the Pokémon Puzzle Challenge game (out Nov. 6) or the Pokémon Trading Card Game (out Nov. 13). You’ll find your free demo code on your eShop receipt (download codes available while supplies last).
  • Codes will be emailed the week of Oct. 31 to select Nintendo customers with Nintendo Network IDs who have signed up to receive promotional emails from Nintendo.
  • Codes will also be distributed during the holiday mall tour from Nov. 24‒Dec. 21 at 16 different locations throughout the nation. Talk to a staff member to try out Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire or any of the featured Nintendo 3DS games to receive two codes—one for you, and one for a friend (while supplies last). Check back soon for a list of tour locations.

This information comes directly from Nintendo, and the announcement can be seen right here.

It seems that if you want the best shot at getting a code, you need to ensure that your Nintendo Network ID allows Nintendo to send you promotional emails.

Well, I was getting Pokemon TCG game on 3DS VC anyway, I loved that game as a kid.  Guess I'll get a demo code out of it too...that's pretty cool.

I don't need to play a demo. I know I want the game, I know what the game will be, I know pretty much what to expect. So does every Pokemon player. So is this demo more to build hype rather than try to sell the product? To my memory, there's never been a Pokemon demo before...

I don't really understand the point of demos, myself.  Yeah, I picked up the SSB 3DS demo, but I never actually used it.  I see people acting like the Pokemon demos are the greatest thing ever, and I'm like...so what? It's a Pokemon demo. Of a remake of games you've already played.  You already know what to expect.  That being said, at least they're letting you transfer stuff over to the full game.

At least a demo for a game like Bayonetta 2 is somewhat understandable, since a lot of Wii U people probably never played a Bayonetta game.

I'm not really sure why a demo is needed either. Hell, I'm not sure why I even want these games since Ruby and Sapphire aren't really my favorite generation of Pokémon games. I do wonder if the next generation of Pokémon will be exclusive to the "New" 3DS though.

Parker