UEFA Champions League - Liverpool vs Real Madrid

GRITTY_PITTY

Liverpool started really well, Real were struggling with the high intensity English football but theh burned out pretty quickly.

I know you did, but what's your prediction for the second half? :P

haha, I still think Sterling is looking dangerous but I cant see Real being held to 3 goals for another 45.

I can't believe we got a thread for this match only, but not for the tournament as a whole :P.

Either way, the match started great. For a good 15 minutes, Liverpool looked like a competent team, but alas, spirit ain't enough lol. Match could've had a bigger score, though. Ronaldo had a great chance and Real screwed up many attacks. Still a better and much more entertaining match than most of yesterday's (I'm looking at you, Roma - Bayern...).

na man, Liverpool have come back from 3-0 against Madrid in Champions League before (2005 I think it was).

...That never happened. They had a 0-3 combeack against Milan in the 2005 final. Not counting today, they only played Real Madrid three times: 1981's final (Liverpool won 1-0) and in the first knockout-stage of 2009 (Real Madrid 0-1 Liverpool, Liverpool 4-0 Real Madrid). So that makes three matches won out of four so far (and most likely will be three matches won out of five lol).