Pipe's Trophy Shelf

PipeSwinger

Introduction

What's up my friends! I've been viewing a lot of these checklists recently, and I figured it be fun to make my own. I've been out of the trophy hunting world for the better part of 2014. But I'm starting to get back into it because I have more time. 

About my gaming career

I started gaming in 2000. I'd watch my father play Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and he'd let me play quite a bit, too. I was mostly interested in first person shooters of all types. In 2012 I began trying out different genres. I fell in love with many different games from JRPG's to Third Person Shooters.

My Objective

I try and get a platinum in the games I enjoy, and I don't get a platinum in the games I don't enjoy. Unless it's a super easy game, and I'm hungry for some free trophies. 

The List

Platinum #1: Modern Warfare 2

1Sd5a5ca.png

I figured my first platinum should be in a game I am familiar with. So I went ahead and got a platinum in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Not to hard of a platinum. Some parts of the campaign on veteran were pretty difficult. Some parts of Co Op we're hard, too. But since I had a solid partner for Co Op, I managed. 

Personal Game Rating: 8/10

Personal Platinum Difficulty Rating: 6/10

Platinum #2: Hitman Absolution

1S12e29f.png

I LOVED this game. I loved it so much I wrote a mini review for it. I won't go into detail as to why I loved it. But it was just incredibly enjoyable, and the freedom in the game was awesome. Being able to kill your enemies in so many different ways was just incredible. A perfect sequel, is when a game takes all the flaws from their previous games, and refines them. Also adding new things. 

Personal Game Rating: 10/10

Personal Platinum Difficulty Rating: 4/10

Platinum #3: Hitman 2: Silent Assassin 

1S3d134c.png

This was a pretty fun platinum to get. It was a little challenging. I had a little bit too much confidence going into this game, so I started on professional. I had a tough time collecting all the weapons then. The final mission was also extremely difficult! 

Personal Game Rating: 7/10

Personal Platinum Difficulty Rating: 7/10 *Because I played on professional only*

Platinum #4: Dead Space

1Sedda44.png

There isn’t much I need to say about this game. It’s a fun game, and pretty scary too. I would venture to say this game is scarier than the other Dead Space games due to Isaac’s isolation.

Personal Game Rating: 9/10

Platinum #5: The Walking Dead 

1Sa2891b.png

This was a pretty fun game. Got stuck a couple times. But pretty fun for the most part. 

Personal Platinum Difficulty Rating: 1/10

Platinum #6: Crysis

1S355fea.png

Awesome game! I had a lot of fun playing this. 

Personal Platinum Difficulty Rating: 5/10

Platinum #7: Dead Space 3

1S6fea75.png

Awesome game! Loved the Co Op. I don’t understand why fans didn’t like this game so much. I really came to enjoy it. 

Platinum #8: Spec Ops: The Line

1Sbb8f5d.png

This game was epic. I think this game is totally underplayed. The story was incredible, and generally just a fun game. I’d play this game again. Definitely look into this! I will warn you, FUBAR difficulty is very hard in my opinion, but extremely rewarding. 

Personal Platinum Difficulty Rating: 7.5/10

Platinum #9: DmC: Devil May Cry

1Sa73303.png

I never would expect my self to enjoy a hack-n-slash game, but hell I loved this! I had so much fun on every single play through. I tried playing the older ones after beating this one, but I suspect since I didn’t play them in the past, I couldn’t really enjoy them. Getting all the SSS ranks was actually pretty tough for me on some of the missions, but with a little bit of refinement I succeeded. 

Platinum #10: Hitman Contracts

1S71c518.png

I think this was an underplayed Hitman game. Despite it being short, and some of the missions being remakes from Codename 47, I still enjoyed this game. I didn’t make the mistake this time like I did on Silent Assassin. I actually made two saves, and did two play throughs. 

Platinum #11: LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS VITA)

1Sbbb7ae.png

Onto my first PS Vita platinum. This game was pretty sweet. It was nice to play a LEGO game again. I loved those growing up. I also went to Italy right when I got this game, and my Vita. So the flight there and back, and the train ride between Rome and Venice was super enjoyable.

Personal Platinum Difficulty Rating: 2/10

Platinum #12: Guacamelee!

1S5eab99.png

Wow what an AWESOME game. This is a must play. I highly suggest getting this game if you haven’t gotten it yet. I kept going back and forward between my Vita and my PS3 when playing this.

Personal Game Rating: 9.5/10

Platinum #13: PAYDAY 2

1See1778.png

This game was awesome. My buddies and I joked about how this game was in “alpha" obviously, it wasn’t, but it had some little glitches here and there. None the less, I had a lot of fun. It did get slightly repetitive after a while… Especially the reputation 100 grind. 

Platinum #14: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

1S10028e.png

Pretty easy platinum. Not much that needs to be said. 

Personal Game Rating: 6/10

Personal Platinum Difficulty Rating: 2/10

Platinum #15: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

1S49074f.png

Again, not much that needs to be said. Fun game! Crushing was a little tough at times. 

Platinum #16: Killzone Mercenary 

1S391901.png

Loved. This. Game. I had so much fun playing this. The 10,000 kill grind didn’t bother me that much. I guess since my roots lie in first person shooters, I was very attracted to the multiplayer aspect of this game. I go back to this game every now and again because it’s so fun! 

Platinum #17: CSI: Fatal Conspiracy

1S7391f6.png

No comment. 

Personal Game Rating: 1/10

Platinum #18: Battlefield 4 (PS4)

1S906e94.png

I enjoyed this game. Quite a few bugs though at first. I lost my save data three times. One time I lost it when I only needed one more collectible. Putting all the negatives to the side, I did enjoy this. This game is a lot better present day (October, 2014). It’s how the game should have been released a year ago.

Personal Game Rating (present day): 8/10

Platinum #19: Resistance: Burning Skies 

1S4c8d25.png

Easy game on the Vita. The story was alright. 

Personal Game Rating: 4/10

Personal Platinum Difficulty: Rating: 2/10

Platinum #20: WRC 3 (PS VITA)

1S474fa4.png

I’m a rally fan, so this game was sweet. Loved playing it!

Platinum #21: Tearaway

1Saffe5b.png

Wow! This game was amazing. I had so much fun playing this. The story was phenomenal, and this game gets use out of all of the Vita’s exclusive features! Definitely pick this up if you get the chance!

Personal Game Rating: 10/10

Platinum #22: Gran Turismo 6

1S2e16e6.png

Gran Turismo has always been the bench mark for racing simulators. Despite GT6 being awesome, it wasn’t as good as Gran Turismo 5. 

Platinum #23: Call of Duty Black Ops

1S4cc87c.png

I played the shit out of this game with my buddies back in high school. Lots of fun! Going for the platinum was, both, nostalgic and a little bit challenging during some missions on Veteran. Zombies is a blast in this game and the multiplayer is pretty addictive. 

Personal Platinum Difficulty Rating: 6.5/10

Platinum #24: Crysis 2

1Scf7ece.png

This game was awesome. I started playing it back in early 2013. I beat the story, gathered the collectibles, and messed around a little in multiplayer. I then moved on to other games. Over two years later, I randomly got the urge to earn the platinum trophy for this game. I found a fantastic group of players who were consistent with boosting the multiplayer trophies. We all met up every morning at 9:00 AM for one full week. Unfortunately, some of us were lucky enough to achieve the platinum, and some couldn't due to the Tooled Up trophy glitch. I was very lucky. Tooled Up did, in fact, glitch on me. Fortunately, I got my hands on the limited edition of the game. Putting that code in popped the trophy for me. I was ecstatic! :D

Personal Platinum Difficulty: 6/10 

Platinum #25: Rocket League

1S0baa81.png

I had fun playing this game! It was something different.

Personal Platinum Difficulty: 1/10

Platinum #26: METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE

1Scbb121.png 

This is easily my proudest platinum trophy. I worked hard for this one. It took me over two years of coming back to this game here and there. I probably beat it at least eight times. I didn't like it at first. Then I watched xcal on YouTube play it, and I tried it again using some of his techniques. I then played it for fun for a while, and I started unlocking more trophies. I beat all the bosses on hard without taking damage. I started my S rank playthrough on revengeance difficulty, but I had it set on very hard for some reason for the first few missions so I wasted my time. I put the game away. Two years later I came back to it. I beat the game for fun a couple times, and then I started going for the harder trophies. I managed to get the platinum then. I LOVED THIS GAME! Story wasn't the best compared to Solid, but the gameplay was fast and exciting. 

Personal Platinum Difficulty 10/10

Platinum #27-#29: Sound Shapes

1Sbe93e5.png

I had a ton of fun with Sound Shapes. It was nice to have it on all my consoles. I would go between playing my PS4, to my PS3 in a different room, to my PS Vita when I was out and about. 

Personal Platinum Difficulty: 5.5/10

Platinum #30: The Order: 1886

1Sed6bd2.png

This game really wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't enjoy the story, and the game was very short for what I paid. Not to mention minimal replay value. 

Persona Platinum Difficulty: 2/10

Platinum #31: The Legend of Korra

1S483f34.png

This game fun! The combat was great and the story wasn't half bad. I enjoyed Avatar The Last Airbender growing up so I was excited to give this a try. Thought some glitches here and there, and annoying camera angles, I still had fun! The price I paid was very reasonable as well. 

Personal Game Rating: 7.5/10

Personal Platinum Difficulty: 3/10

Platinum #32: LA Cops

1S3b36bf.png

Do not be deceived by this games high platinum percentage. This game was not a walk in the park by any means. I struggled at parts. It was some what fun if you're into "top down" shooters. 

Personal Game Rating: 5/10

Personal Platinum Difficulty: 6/10 

Platinum #33: The Walking Dead (PS Vita)

1S1bd6fe.png

This was one of my first platinums on the PS3. I bought this for the Vita years back, and finally played it. It's an excellent story, and a fun game to bring on the go. 

Personal Platinum Difficulty: 1/10

100%'s (Non Platinum) 

Sonic the Fighters 

Easy game that I bought for an easy 100%. 

Persona Game Rating: 6/10

Personal 100% Difficulty 1/10

.detuned

Super easy. Again purchased for an easy 100%. 

Personal Game Rating: 2/10

Personal 100% Difficulty Rating: 1/10

Tekken Revolution 

I'll be honest. I strongly disliked this game. It's horrible. I'm spoiled with King of Fighters. Despite King of Fighters being incredibly difficult, and me getting my ass handed to be almost every time I play online, I still respect that. in Tekken you can win matches by spamming moves, which takes no skill. 

Personal Game Rating: 3/10

Personal 100% Difficulty Rating: 5/10

Fruit Ninja

Loved this game on my iPhone so I figured I'd get it on my Vita. Pretty easy game. Fun though! Great time killer! 

Personal Game Rating: 7.5/10

Personal 100% Difficulty Rating: 3/10

Aabs Animals (Vita)

Bought this game for the same reason everyone else did. 

Welcome Park 

Kind of annoying how you can't delete this game. It was nice to get a feel for all of the Vita's exclusive features. 

Personal 100% Difficulty Rating: 4/10

MLB 13: The Show - Home Run Derby Edition Trophies

An easy, but fun 100%!

New Paint Park

No comment. 

Doodle God

No comment. 

Personal 100% Difficulty rating: 1/10

Aabs Animals

Again, picked it up for the same reason everyone else did. So part of the money will go towards Animal Rescue of course! 

Personal 100% Difficulty rating: 1/10

Currently working on Gran Turismo 5. Hopefully I'll get that sometime in the Spring. 

Edited by PipeSwinger
  • Like 3

Heh, I always remembered you as the No.1 Hitman fan. And Hitman Absolution is a a good game (and the visuals are just amazing). I really should get back into it...

Anyways, an impressive set of Plats, you have an eye for quality.

And welcome back from your leave of absence, hope to see more great games in your Plat Cabinet in the future  :yay:

• Like 1

Hey man haven't seen you around in a long time. Welcome back.

Dude, it's been a while! Hope everything is going well with you. We gotta catch up soon. I gotta go take a look at what platinums you've gotten since I've been gone!

Heh, I always remembered you as the No.1 Hitman fan. And Hitman Absolution is a a good game (and the visuals are just amazing). I really should get back into it...

Anyways, an impressive set of Plats, you have an eye for quality.

And welcome back from your leave of absence, hope to see more great games in your Plat Cabinet in the future  :yay:

Number 1 Hitman fan, wow that's a huge compliment! Thanks a lot! :D  I love that title haha. It's great to be back! 

• Like 1

Nice list! I loved Hitman Absolution but that's the only one I've played. Your list makes me want to go back and try some of the older ones.

I also like that GT6 platinum. I was trying to go for GT5 but it was just way too much for me in terms of difficulty and time.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Nice list! I loved Hitman Absolution but that's the only one I've played. Your list makes me want to go back and try some of the older ones.

I also like that GT6 platinum. I was trying to go for GT5 but it was just way too much for me in terms of difficulty and time.

Do you think you'll ever go back to GT5? I've been thinking about giving it a shot again, but it's intimidating haha. 

• Like 1

Do you think you'll ever go back to GT5? I've been thinking about giving it a shot again, but it's intimidating haha. 

No, I don't think so. There was this daily bonus so you could get 200% XP if you signed in to GT5 like 4 or 5 days in a row which made the level 40 grind a lot more manageable. They did away with that last time I played so I think that was it for me. I'm just not willing to put in that kinda time or go through the frustration.  

No, I don't think so. There was this daily bonus so you could get 200% XP if you signed in to GT5 like 4 or 5 days in a row which made the level 40 grind a lot more manageable. They did away with that last time I played so I think that was it for me. I'm just not willing to put in that kinda time or go through the frustration.  

Yeah I understand what you're saying. I enjoy the game, but the 600+ hours I would invest into it, I could play so many other good games. So it's tough to dedicate to that. I do have a racing set up with a play seat, stick shift, wheel, and 3 pedals so it is very exciting when I play any racing game. But still... Insane grind. 

• Like 1