Any pointers for final Chapter with no upgrades?

E-P_Congroo

Hey guys,

Title explains it all. Having massive difficulties on chapter 15 without any green gel upgrades, all of the guides , whether they be video or written seem to be for people who have upgraded their equipment. I seem to run out of ammo by the time Rocket Launcher equipped Sadist enters. I can clear the first horde but the sadist is a nightmare.

Anyone got tips for this chap with no upgrades?

Try mostly using your pistol and shotgun for the first horde (if you need to use bolts and grenades use very few, don't waste any magnum ammo here), and make sure to go around the area since there's quite a few parts and ammo lying around. When the Ruvik clone appears throw a freeze bolt at him. If you time it right you may be able to get most of the haunted that spawn near him with one bolt. Once the sadist appears don't waste anymore ammo. Move around and lure the haunted. Use yourself as bait so the Sadist shoots his rockets at them. Once they're cleared take care of the sadist using whatever you have left except for the sniper bullets, magnum ammo and grenades. In the next area use your sniper rifle to shoot the guys that have grenades, killing them should take care of the snipers. In the next area with the two Keepers be sure to grab all the ammo, parts and disarm all the traps before trying to fight them. Make all the explosive bolts you can since they're the most effective weapon against them. Use everything you have left. If you run out of ammo you'll have to play it smart and disarm the traps they drop so you can craft more explosive bolts. Everything after that is a cake walk and you won't need anymore ammo of any kind.

• Like 2

Are you on survivor?  I was reading the pst.org trophy guide the other day and it suggest doing your first playthrough on survival with no upgrades, while collecting every collectable with a guide.  :giggle:  I'm moreso talking about the collecting on the first playthrough.  There's so many of these type of players, and while I shouldn't really care, I enjoy games enough to want to express what a shitty strategy to gaming this is.  There's a reason trophy hunting for these people with 100's of plats becomes a choir.  And the next thing you know, you watching guides for first playthroughs.

I can't tell you what a shitty playthrough that sounds like as pst.org depicts.  That's one of the reason's I'm one/was of those guys that talks shit to people that ONLY trophy hunt.  just for trophies.  simply for the the trizoph.  Is this similar to what you're doing?  You might have to load up a previous save to preserve more ammo.  Have you used all your keys?  If you haven't, you can keep reloading in the morgue and open locker's till you get the ammo of your choice.  This is something I just started on ch.11 akumu as I had a difficult part coming up, but little of the wanted ammo. 

Back to my point.  I can't understand how some guides are written.  I'm planting the seed now for trophy guides to be based some day on logic, fun, and not sitting next to your computer watching someone else playthrough YOUR first playthrough so that you can collect shit.  Especially on this fucking game.  Seriously!?   Save that for the last moment if the game is worth it. 

Good luck.

Edited by SilkyJay86
  • Like 1

hey dude. I want the trophies but i want the trophies because I love the game. You can see my game completion rate in my Sig that proves this(Only get trophies for games i truly enjoy). I did manage to get past the first area finally and i did something completely unconventional to do it. I am on Survivor mode.

When the final horde after fake Ruvik is dead appears. I hid in the area left of the door the sadist enters from. You can stealth kill 3. 1 with a torch. 1 with the agony crossbow and the final one that drops down. I then use the torch to light 3-4 enemies at once. Sadist enters. I blew all my ammo on him. This is the funny part, The two sets of ladders? I made him climb and would kick him until he either got up or slashed out. rinse and repeat and it bloody worked! I'm actually done with walkthroughs like this(Basically only looked at boss help) and im actually collecting collectibles in this by myself, which i will do in nightmare too. If i don't find them all(only have a few left) then i will use a guide. Also can not wait to spend my (200 grand worth of) green gel on Nightmare mode.

Edited by A2rules
  • Like 1

Best strategy I've found for the blood rooms is have afew fire bolts and afew magnum bullets and a full stock of sniper rounds first wave run around till everyone's chasing or a large group fire in a fire bolt and burn them repeat till tgat wave is fone when clone ruvik shows up magnum to the chest he dies pretty fast then repeat with fire bolts if u run out use exploding once rocket guy comes up go to directly opposite him on the stage as in ur on the far end of the room and there's a alcove duck behind it when he shoots then put a sniper shot in him and rince and repeat or if ur brave stand agenst the wall he very rarely shoots above the lip of the stage so u should be safe to snipe him of u run out of ammo which u shouldn't just use what's left

In blood room 2 bum rush the back wall and use a shotgun to kill the 2 enemies on each side they shouldn't ever get a round off once past that ur home free go ahead and use all ur ammo if u want in the blood rooms the boss supplies u with new weapon and ammo for them

Edited by Taliesin_2943

hey dude. I want the trophies but i want the trophies because I love the game. You can see my game completion rate in my Sig that proves this(Only get trophies for games i truly enjoy). I did manage to get past the first area finally and i did something completely unconventional to do it. I am on Survivor mode.

When the final horde after fake Ruvik is dead appears. I hid in the area left of the door the sadist enters from. You can stealth kill 3. 1 with a torch. 1 with the agony crossbow and the final one that drops down. I then use the torch to light 3-4 enemies at once. Sadist enters. I blew all my ammo on him. This is the funny part, The two sets of ladders? I made him climb and would kick him until he either got up or slashed out. rinse and repeat and it bloody worked! I'm actually done with walkthroughs like this(Basically only looked at boss help) and im actually collecting collectibles in this by myself, which i will do in nightmare too. If i don't find them all(only have a few left) then i will use a guide. Also can not wait to spend my (200 grand worth of) green gel on Nightmare mode.

You can't use anything you've collected in Survivor on Nightmare mode. You can only lower the difficulty in new game plus, not raise it.

Omg that sucks so hard xD. So Starting a new nightmare mode will see me at 0 Green Gel........... Why even have a NG+?

It has its uses. I finshed it on AKUMU mode and unlocked all the extra weapons and I want to keep using everything I have but I don't want to suffer AKUMU mode again so I can lower it to Nightmare and keep playing.

I guess I was gonna complete it on Akumu anyways. Will make my stream more interesting starting with no Gel and areas i should be familiar with haha. also brass knucks are needed for the 5 hour trophy i would wonder.

Games like this are a great throwback(love to be challenged) which is why im happy and angry at the same time that all the green Gel in my 1st playthrough are pretty much obsolete xD.

theres actually a trick for the upgrade ones mainly the weapon ones just save ur game then go upgrade just the agony cross bow reset ur save and upgrade it again and repeat till the trophy pops this way u dont effect ur no upgrade run cause u saved before u upgraded and u can max out the other ones aswell if u got the gel just reload the save after so it dont kill ur no upgrade run

theres actually a trick for the upgrade ones mainly the weapon ones just save ur game then go upgrade just the agony cross bow reset ur save and upgrade it again and repeat till the trophy pops this way u dont effect ur no upgrade run cause u saved before u upgraded and u can max out the other ones aswell if u got the gel just reload the save after so it dont kill ur no upgrade run

This actually work? Got 300 grand on my survivor completion. so i can chap select to green gel spot and just upgrade one weapon then go again? Tried searching for it on the internet but your the only one to have mentioned this.

This actually work? Got 300 grand on my survivor completion. so i can chap select to green gel spot and just upgrade one weapon then go again? Tried searching for it on the internet but your the only one to have mentioned this.

yup if ur wanting the weapon upgrade trophy just make a save before u go and upgrade and just upgrade the agony cross bow then quite the game and load up ur save and do it again lol and i dunno if its allowed but u can find most anything by going here http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/ find the game and read the forums its how i learn most of what i know or i post it in there for others this game is plum full of cheap work arounds like the silent kll trophy can be done on just one guy reset the save and repeat lol

Looks like you got it beat, congrats.  If anyone else gets stuck in that section trigger the launcher dude (you will need ammo to kill the first round or two of enemies, there's some in the arena if not) and get up one of the two ladders to the ------->  right.  the launcher will not have an angle on you and it will hit the ladders/wall killing many, many of them, all of them..  You can then sniper him from where you are, and he can't hit you.  Then if you were to not have any ammo at all and perfectly knocked him out of launcher stage, it would still be possible to kill the him when he wields the chainsaw.   lure him up the ladder, punch or kick him once, drop off and then scurry up the ladder and repeat.  I watched a guy do it on youtube doing an akumu walkthrough with no upgrades or keys.  He had to do some serious work in this section.  This part was honestly easier on akumu I thought as I knew where I could hide AND shoot the launcher dude and he couldn't hit me.  And the amount of ammo I had was quite sufficient and found more keys in this playthrough. 

I'm actually using this as my newgame+ save.  because I was better off at end in akumu then survivor, because I did my first run, all on my own surviving and limped to the finish. 

If anyone is looking to avoid the launcher to the ladder technique, the terrain in this section is your best friend.  Get them climbing up, ledges and elevated areas, grouping them together and use one shotty shot... to send 3, 4, 5 enemies together over the edge and go for the matches.  and keep messing with them in that regard.  This section is surprisingly favorable for the user. 

Edited by SilkyJay86

yup if ur wanting the weapon upgrade trophy just make a save before u go and upgrade and just upgrade the agony cross bow then quite the game and load up ur save and do it again lol and i dunno if its allowed but u can find most anything by going here http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/ find the game and read the forums its how i learn most of what i know or i post it in there for others this game is plum full of cheap work arounds like the silent kll trophy can be done on just one guy reset the save and repeat lol

Yep, this completely worked for me. Was able to upgrade the handgun and reload then upgrade handgun 5 times and the trophy popped xD. Was able to reload and just get all trophy max stats without grinding.

Finishing on survivor and loading a chap with a save point at the beginning will get you all stat increase trophies in one go(and many reloads)