Level system

WL_Ooi

I'm a little curious about the level system in this game. What is the difference between a level 28 and a level 27 guardian? If I had a level 28 guardian, how much easier would it be to beat lets say a level 28 strike as compared to using a level 27 guardian?

I am curious about this too, because your damage output is tied to your weapon, so does being level 28 make your weapon stronger than that same weapon at level 27 or 26?  Also, how does your defense translate?  If you have 1000 defense at level 27, but then have 1000 defense at level 28, do you take less damage?

It is much easier. Your base weapon damage is tied to the weapon, but you will have higher damage output at a higher levels with weapons, grenades, supers, melee, etc. Not to mention, being a higher level means that you naturally will have a higher defense stat because of the upgraded equipment required to reach that level. I don't believe that it's possible to have the same defense stat at 2 different levels. All legendary equipment of a particular group will have the same defense cap. The same goes for exotic equipment/raid gear. In addition to the a cap on defense, they will share a max light cap. For example, all exotic/raid gear are currently capped at 30 light when fully maxed. The four pieces required will give you 120 light which is what you need to reach level 30. 

Edited by MatCauthon
  • Like 1

My Warlock just reached level 28. It's good to know that all the work are worth it.

If you're interested in attempting the Raid, 28 (maybe 27) would be the minimum level that I would recommend attempting it on. That's where you'll find the best gear/weapons. If you're lucky with the RNG gods.