EVO Moment 37 Reloaded and Relived

d3LxM.png

This weekend, one of the most famous moments in the fighting game community was celebrated in an exhibition match featuring Daigo Umehara and Justin Wong.

" Footage of Daigo actually angry "

This was the original footage back from EVO 2004.

Impressive isn't it? So impressive that it was included as an actual trial challenge in the Online Edition PSN release.

Daigo with the full parry! "

And the beast was unleashed once again....but sadly he was put down quickly.

Articles discussing the event in detail :

Full video of the exhibition match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iUchMj3ff0

So what are your thoughts ?

Is it overrated and anybody could have pulled that off?

Have you done the trial yourself in the PSN version of the game?

Should Daigo go home and be a family man? Discuss if you want to.

• Like 4

Well considering what Daigo said about being able to do it easily in practice but it being difficult to pull off when you're in front of a crowd of noisy people, I think what he says is fair enough as I usually mess up big time when people are watching me or putting me in the spot.  All the training I do mostly goes right out the window.

I have tried the trial.  Got up to the jump bit after quite a few tries at it and then just give up xD

Edited by DEMON

Daigo is super skilled, and I've watched that EVO moment countless times over the years.  The fact he has done it twice just shows how skilled he is!

I've played SF3 endlessly because I'd safely say it's my favourite fighter, but I have yet to properly sit down and try the EVO trial (just lazy attempts).  Despite loving playing fighting games I'm not into being a hardcore player of them so I'll probably never bother pulling it off.

• 4 weeks later...

What Daigo did was very impressive. He parried Chun's full super combo while under constant pressure and hearing the crowd cheer while he's pulling it off. It should just disturb him but he keeps going and even manages to win the game. A truly inspirational masterpiece that signifies "Never give up! and fight until the very end"