PlanetSurvival's Planetary Platinum Panel

PlanetSurvival

Hi, my PSN ID name’s PlanetSurvival, but you can call me Planet.

I’ve had my first PS3 since December 2009, as I got it as a Christmas present. My general gaming frequently on the system has increased more and more over the years, as I was still primarily on Xbox 360, as I received that on my 14th birthday in 2008.

Initially, I had a neutral opinion regarding trophies. I didn’t like them nor did I dislike them. The times have changed, however, and I enjoy earning trophies whenever the opportunity arises, or if I’m just in the mood to earn a platinum.

Fun comes first, however. I don’t platinum games I don’t enjoy unless they’re fairly easy. For example, out of the current games I’ve platinumed I’ve only been highly disappointed in one of them, that game being SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton’s Robotic Revenge, and that factor came into play well after I had made a considerable amount of progress in it. As for the other game, Ride to Hell: Retribution, I originally bought it after the fact of being fully aware of its status as being one of the worst games ever made and I needed to experience it for myself, as there's a huge difference between simply seeing something and experiencing it for yourself.

After saving up enough money from my work-study job over the course of 3-4 months, I purchased a PS4 on May 2, 2014 and it currently stands as one of the proudest moments of my life, as I purchased the console with money I earned from work. On December 6, 2014 I was one of the lucky few to successfully purchase a 20th anniversary PS4, and mine was delivered on Christmas Eve that year. Out of the 12,300 produced, mine is #4,676.

I also have a PlayStation Vita that I haven't done much with yet. I primarily bought it for the use of PS4 Remote Play, but also occasionally use it to listen to music. Perhaps one day I'll purchase a game that's exclusive to the Vita, but I don't know when that'll be...

Anyway, with that backstory out of the way, let’s begin. :)

NOTE: I'll touch this up later, I know it looks kinda plain. :P

Platinums earned in 2013

#1 - Saints Row: The Third

June 10, 2013

1L39b276.png

The second game in the Saints Row series that I played. I really enjoyed this and it stands as my proudest platinum, being my first.

Difficulty: 3/10 | Enjoyment: 10/10 | Recommendation: Yes

#2 - LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

August 17, 2013

1L60ddf2.png

The first LEGO Batman 2 I ever played and the fifth LEGO game from TT Games that I've played. I highly recommend this if you are a huge Batman fan.

Difficulty: 2/10 | Enjoyment: 8.5/10 | Recommendation: Yes

#3 - Saints Row IV

November 26, 2013

1Ldd56de.png

Another great title in the Saints Row series. I didn't enjoy it quite as much as The Third, but that was due to me overhyping it for myself. I still loved it and can't wait to relive the experience on PS4.

Difficulty: 4/10 | Enjoyment: 9.5/10 | Recommendation: Yes

Platinums earned in 2014

#4 - Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition

January 16, 2014

1L64dc90.png

My first formal introduction to Minecraft. I've had many infamous experiences with close friends on PSN, but a ton of fun nonetheless. Pick this up if you don't have it already.

Difficulty: 5/10 | Enjoyment: 9/10 | Recommendation: Yes

#5 - WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2010

February 2, 2014

1Ldb1f1c.png

One of the games I originally owned for Xbox 360 prior to getting a PS3. I recommend this only if you are a diehard WWE fan like myself.

Difficulty: 3/10 | Enjoyment: 7/10 | Recommendation: Yes (only if you are a diehard WWE fan)

#6 - Alice: Madness Returns

March 7, 2014

1L8b875e.png

Decided to check this out after hearing about it, as I found the story to be very interesting and didn't understand the reception it received. I recommend this greatly.

Difficulty: 4/10 | Enjoyment: 10/10 | Recommendation: Yes

#7 - SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton's Robotic Revenge

May 1, 2014

1L2f2bfe.png

As a diehard SpongeBob fan, this game was nothing more than a total disappointment. Despite this being an easy platinum, it's very time-consuming and boring. I literally had to wait 4 months to get a fourth PS3 controller just to get the 4-player trophy. I don't recommend this to anyone.

Difficulty: 0/10 | Enjoyment: 4/10 | Recommendation: No

#8 - NASCAR The Game 2011

May 15, 2014

1Laf3511.png

After years and years of playing NASCAR games only to drive backwards on the tracks and crash into everyone, I finally decided to play a NASCAR game legitimately and had a ton of fun with this. In the process, it helped me in becoming a regular fan of the sport as well. I highly recommend this if you are a NASCAR fan or have a general liking for racing games.

Difficulty: 4/10 | Enjoyment: 9.5/10 | Recommendation: Yes

#9 - Grand Theft Auto V

June 16, 2014

1Lac08c5.png

What can I say? It's one of the best open-world sandbox games I have ever played. I recommend this if you are a Grand Theft Auto fan or like open-world sandbox games in general.

#10 - Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse

July 27, 2014

1L614494.png

I had a lot of troubling experiences with this game, due to unbalanced shifts in difficulty and frustrating glitches. I only recommend this if you are a huge fan of Family Guy.

Difficulty: 5/10 | Enjoyment: 6/10 | Recommendation: Yes (diehard Family Guy fans only)

#11 - LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

August 2, 2014

1L76043d.png

My fourth LEGO Star Wars game in TT Games' series. I didn't enjoy it as much as The Complete Saga, but it's still a solid entry. I recommend this if you are a Star Wars fan.

Difficulty: 2/10 | Enjoyment: 8/10 | Recommendation: Yes

#12 - Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

August 4, 2014

1L906df5.png

I had this lying around for 2 years before I discovered how much of a somewhat easy platinum it is. I recommend this to anyone who likes Sonic and/or has an interest in the SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive.

Difficulty: 3/10 | Enjoyment: 9/10 | Recommendation: Yes

#13 - WWE Legends of WrestleMania

August 9, 2014

1Ladc3d5.png

I was originally overhyped for this game and was disappointed when I originally owned it for Xbox 360. I eventually bought the PS3 version and earned an easy platinum in the progress. Just like WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2010, I only recommend this if you are a diehard WWE fan like myself.

Difficulty: 1/10 | Enjoyment: 7/10 | Recommendation: Yes (if you are a huge WWE fan)

#14 - Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

August 21, 2014

1L532059.png

My first PS4 platinum, ironically enough, ended up being the first PS4 game I ever played. I played the PS3 version prior to this and enjoyed it immensely. The PS4 version increased my enjoyment tenfold as being an excellent introduction to the PS4 for myself. I strongly recommend this.

Difficulty: 3/10 | Enjoyment: 9.5/10 | Recommendation: Yes

#15 - LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

August 29, 2014

1L6f4311.png

The next LEGO game I played from TT Games after LEGO Star Wars III. I ran into some odd glitches here and there, but the overall experience was very enjoyable, and I enjoyed most of the voice acting.

Difficulty: 2/10 | Enjoyment: 8/10 | Recommendation: Yes

#16 - inFAMOUS: Second Son

September 11, 2014

1L889b63.png

My introduction to the inFAMOUS series and a memorable one at that. Yet another enjoyable game where the protagonist is voiced by Troy Baker (not that I have a problem with that, as I very much enjoy his work). Easy, yet I was hooked to the story every step of the way.

Difficulty: 3/10 | Enjoyment: 8.5/10 | Recommendation: Yes

#17 - Driver: San Francisco

September 21, 2014

1L070c7d.png

Another game that I've had lying around for 2 years. After beating the story in what felt like eons ago, I returned to this game to finish up the remaining activities and had a wonderful time. My only gripes were with the public multiplayer, which I could have done without to be honest. I recommend this as a fan of the Driver series.

Difficulty: 4/10 | Enjoyment: 8/10 | Recommendation: Yes

#18 - inFAMOUS: First Light

September 25, 2014

1L5e96f1.png

After platinuming Second Son, I decided to check out First Light and enjoyed it almost as much as Second Son. I wish the story was a tad longer, but it satisfied me enough for a $15 standalone expansion.

Difficulty: 4/10 | Enjoyment: 8.25/10 | Recommendation: Yes

#19 - LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

November 22, 2014

1L006f3e.png

I was disappointed with this compared to LEGO Batman 2. I enjoyed it for what it was, but I really could've gone without certain characters constantly repeating their dialogue and facing some frustrating glitches from time to time. If you're curious about this and really enjoyed LEGO Batman 2, I say give this a shot. You may enjoy it more than I did.

Difficulty: 3/10 | Enjoyment: 7.5/10 | Recommendation: Yes (if you liked LEGO Batman 2 and/or like Batman)

#20 - Ride to Hell: Retribution

November 26, 2014

1Lcf6333.png

What can I say? This game has earned the title of being one of the worst video games of all-time. I picked it up for $10 precisely because of how bad it was and enjoyed it for all the wrong reasons. The soundtrack is pretty awesome though, I'll give it that much. Don't buy this unless you intentionally enjoy playing bad games and happen to find it somewhere for a cheap price.

Difficulty: 4/10 | Enjoyment: 10/10 (for all the wrong reasons) | Recommendation: No (unless you intentionally enjoy playing bad games)

#21 - Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)

December 16, 2014

1L3734ec.png

Same as the original, but better. That's all I can say.

Platinums earned in 2015

#22 - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

January 6, 2015

1L059d6c.png

I was never a big fan of Call of Duty, so I didn't think I'd ever buy Advanced Warfare, especially since I despised Ghosts in 2013. However, I found the very concept of Advanced Warfare intriguing, and found myself more and more hooked into the campaign as I progressed through it, and Kevin Spacey's performance in the campaign was nothing short of awesome. The Exo Survival most was a blast to play with friends and had me on the edge of my seat at times. I highly recommend this if you haven't played it yet.

Difficulty: 5/10 | Enjoyment: 9/10 | Recommendation: Yes

#23 - [PROTOTYPE2]

January 11, 2015

1L7ddf96.png

Prior to playing [PROTOTYPE2], I was very unfamiliar with the series. After picking up its second entry as one of the free games via PlayStation Plus I soon found myself hooked on it immensely. It helps that it was made by the same developer of The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, a game I remember very well from my childhood, and I like to think of [PROTOTYPE2] as being a spiritual successor of sorts. If you want a game that allows you to raise all kinds of hell and have fun while doing so, this is the game for you.

#24 - Need for Speed: Rivals

January 19, 2015

1L7897e6.png

For me, this platinum was long overdue, as it took me quite a few months to earn it. However, that was primarily because I traded in the original copy of this game after being tired of it, only to purchase the Complete Edition a few months later. With that, I was able to become much more experienced with the game since I still had to complete the racer side of the game, and was successful in doing so. I cannot wait for the NFS game that EA announces this year, so I recommend this in the meantime if you are either a NFS fan or a fan of racing games in general. I made rookie mistakes in the beginning, but only got better as I progressed further.

Difficulty: 4/10 | Enjoyment: 9/10 | Recommendation: Yes

#25 - Saints Row IV: Re-Elected

January 30, 2015

1L87be96.png

Unlike the PS4 version of Grand Theft Auto V, there isn't much difference between the current-gen and last-gen versions of Saints Row IV except for higher resolution, higher quality textures, a smoother framerate and every single DLC pack. Still, I recommend this version of the game if you've never played SR4. I ended up enjoying the game much more on my second playthrough compared to my first since I didn't overhype the game for myself this time around; I knew exactly what I was getting.

#26 - Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell

February 5, 2015

1L91f1dc.png

There isn't much to do in this game compared to Saints Row IV, but it makes since considering this is a standalone expansion for SR4. Even though I didn't quite enjoy this as much as SR4, the game has an interesting plot, much like previous titles in the series. This is simply something to hold people over until Saints Row V is eventually announced, so feel free to pick this up if you're a big Saints Row fan like me.

#27 - SpongeBob HeroPants

February 15, 2015

1L23ef67.png

My first platinum for a sole PS Vita game; that's about the only highlight I can make out of this. If you thought Plankton's Robotic Revenge was tedious and lacking any sort of challenge, this game is even worse. Don't pick this up even if you're a diehard SpongeBob fan like me, as it's blatantly obvious that the quality of SpongeBob games haven't been the same since Activision acquired the publishing license from THQ.

Difficulty: 0/10 | Enjoyment: 2/10 | Recommendation: No

Work in Progress

Assassin's Creed II

BioShock Infinite

Burnout Paradise

Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line

NASCAR Unleashed

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Tomb Raider: Legend

The Walking Dead: Season 1

WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2011 (nigh impossible at this point)

and so on...

* = does not have a platinum trophy

Current Goals

• Finish The Walking Dead: Season 1 on PS4 and work on the 400 Days DLC
  • Finish American McGee's Alice on PS3 so I can finally 100% Alice: Madness Returns
  • Buy and complete the Cook's Recipe for Disaster DLC for Ride to Hell: Retribution so I can 100% it and be done with it

That's all I have for now. I'll be sure to update this as I go along. :)

Edited by PlanetSurvival
  • Like 3

You have a Minecraft plat rated more difficult than the GTA V plat. Is GTA really easy for you or something?

GTA wasn't really easy per se, but I'm more experienced with GTA than Minecraft. The PS3 version of Minecraft was my first full time playing the game, so I wasn't exactly the best at it. I had quite a few frustrating moments that I haven't undergone in the PS4 version due to becoming a bit more skill at the game since then.

• 2 weeks later...