Rate the Dark Below so far!

BMJ2K7

In terms of what Bungie has been announcing over the last few weeks/months compared to what we have gotten. I would rate the new $20 a 4/10. Even the hard raid and new guns really push this to a 5 or 6 bc the value just isn't here. They gave so much stuff to everyone for free that it makes everyone who bought the dlc look stupid, bc there really was no point. Pretty much everyone I have talked to in the new raid, or strikes/missions ALL agreed that  we think this 100Kb dlc will be free in the next 3-4 months.

What do you guys/girls think about the new PAID dlc for Destiny, what would you rate it, and are you as happy as I am (trophy hunter) that the dlc's will have 0 trophies?

This dlc won't be available for free until a year from now and I think that pretty generous. I'm extremely happy to have extra content added, although, I still think $20 is too steep. This is Activision though.

The only thing that's free for everybody is the upgraded vanilla exotics and upgraded legendary armor and weapons. People that didn't purchase the dlc aren't able to play the new story missions, strikes or the Crota's End raid. That's a lot to be missing. Those same people aren't able to do the Nightfall and the weekly Heroic this week which is most player's main source of exotics and strange coins. That also means that they'll be locked out one week of an twelve(?) week rotation for the Nightfall and weekly heroic. Altogether, I'd say there's plenty of new things to keep you busy for a little while. The new raid alone will take several hours to learn how to do and several more to perfect. In terms of hours played, which I find is a more accurate way to judge a dlc's worth as opposed to trophies, there's plenty of content to keep you busy for a while.

All said and done, I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't any trophies added but nothing I couldn't get over. I still feel that Bungievision will pull a Naughty Dog and add 50+ trophies a year from now to get people back in once their last expansions has released and they still have a few months before they release Destiny 2.

Edit: 7/10

Edit 2: New exotics aren't available to people who have not purchased the expansion. I changed the post to reflect that.

Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 1

Haven't put that much time into Destiny so far. In fact before the Dark Below released I hadn't touched it in quite some time.

I tend to only play shooters through for the story and then it never gets played again. So in the case of Destiny I was severely disappointed. I'm hoping that the story to the Dark Below will engage me more. Guess I'll find out when I can actually play it! Having not played the based game much Ive only just reached a level where I can actually play the new story missions.

Too early for me personally to rate it. Currently I'd agree and give a 4/10 but I've more to explore.

• 3 weeks later...