Pokèmon XY/ORAS: How to beat the GTS

Sir_Palkia

The GTS, or Global Trade System has been around since the start of Generation 4 and has given players the wonderful ability to trade with pokemon trainers from around the world. A feature that would receive nothing but universal praise...if it wasn't corrupted by the greediness of many. Anyone who's used it knows exactly what i mean!

"Oh you want a Carnivine for your Pokèdex? GIB ME RESHIRAM LV 91 AND HIGHER"

Corrupt or not, it gratly aided me in my quest to catch them all so for anyone else going for completion, here's a few tips you can keep in mind.

1. No Special Pokèmon -  Special Pokemon are any event Pokemon, such as Mew or Manaphy, and version mascots like Xerneas and Yveltal. Once you click 'Seek Pokèmon', there is an Options bar that appears on the bottom left corner. Pressing this will give you option to turn off any Special Pokèmon in your search. Now once you search for you chosen Pokemon, you'll notice a lack of people asking for the likes of Diance or Celebi, strange right?

2. What Pokèmon?  - Generation 6 finally allowed players to search for any pokemon they want instead of being limited to those which you have seen or caught. Didn't know this? Well neither did i, for the longest time! Once you bring up the alphabetical list to choose your desired Pokèmon, scrolling to the bottom is an option labelled 'What Pokèmon?' clicking it allows you to spell out the name of the Pokèmon you want and, provided you spelt it correctly, you'll search for it. 

3. The Google Rule - Have you ever googled something and gone to Page 2? Neither have i and in the GTS, that same rule applies. The system sends the most recent offers to the top of the first page so below in the depths of the second page are all those people who offered unreasonable trades so avoid at all costs!

4. If you leave it, they will come - I personally had a much higher success rate depositing Pokèmon than seeking them. Why? Because starter Pokemon, thats why? My technique was to breed a box full of starter Pokèmon and offer them for trade. Most people will do anything for a starter so breed a bunch of whatever starter(s) you have and deposit them. Your reasonable trades will stand out in the sea of event Pokèmon so your trades will sell like hot cakes!

Got any other tips? Be sure to share them with everyone! 

• Like 2

Well, the only Pokemon I need are Mew, Shaymin and Arceus. These tips won't help with those. Good tips though. I already knew them, and GTS did help with some like Spritzee and Swirlix. All I can do is hope for events for the missing 3.

Ps, if anyone has a spare of those 3, (english, not nicknamed and not shiny) I have a spare Meloetta and 3 Celebi to offer. I can't trade them via GTS because they're 'specials' but regular trades can work. Also have Regirock, Mewtwo, Zorua and 2 each of Terrakion, Cobalion and Virizion. PM me if you wanna make an offer.

Edited by ShadowGandalf

Awesome tips. I got so tired from all those greedy bastards, I bought an Action Replay to get all the pokemon on Pokemon Platinum xD . Retired after finally obtaining all the pokemon for the first time (something I've been trying since Pokemon Yellow).

Edited by Dragon-Archon