Visual Boy Advance-M Emulator!

SirNikolai

Since Coolrooms.com went down i had to get this emulator some place else. But all rooms are still available on that site last time i checked.
(correct me if I'm wrong)

WIN RAR was use to get the GBA games I want. Tho I recently unistalled it.

Does it matter whether or not that the old GBA file was once on old VBA & via USB stick as well. (I transfer both files before to a USB stick to my new computer years back, tho recently upgrade to new version of VBA).

Visual Boy Advance-M Emulator automatically shutdowns idk why?

So is the GBA file corrupted?

Is WIN RAR A MUST! have to keep from shutting down.

I still able to play Pokemon Sapphire & Yugioh Dungeon Dice without it closing?

You know that it is illegal to download it and play games like that... But who am I to talk as I too did that for a LOT of games  :lol:

Back to the question: Why use Visual Boy Advance-M when you can use Advance (without M ).

My process was this:
Download (a rar file) and extract it

then download games and I just played them and no problems.

RIP CoolRom :'(

What do you mean? That website is still up and running as far as I can tell.

The WinRar was just the program your old computer was using to unizp the compressed files. You can use any program like 7zip, etc. However, you probably do need to download a different version of VBA or VBA-M because I doubt you are running the same operating system as you were on your old computer and there are different versions depending on the operating system you are running (XP, 7/32, 7/64, etc). So re-download the emulator, making sure to get the proper version for your operating system, and then make sure you are loading uncompressed files and the roms should be fine. You don't need different roms for a different operating system.

As for why VBA-M or VBA, like all emulators different builds have different features. Most of the mainstays work across the board but if you play a lot of games you might find certain ones that prefer one version of an emulator over another. For instance, the rhythm combos in Mother 3 do NOT like emulators at all....but they run much more accurately on VBA-M than VBA. If you are big SNES player then you probably know that some game types need an older version of zsnes. I run both 1.42 and 1.53 (or something like that).  Just like with consoles, having ALL of them is the superior setup. :) Speaking from experience, I can confirm that a save file from VBA will still be able to be used on VBA-M.

Also emulators are not illegal. Downloaded ROMS are illegal. You are perfectly within your rights to create your own backup copies of content you already own.

Edited by RedEye420

What do you mean? That website is still up and running as far as I can tell.

The WinRar was just the program your old computer was using to unizp the compressed files. You can use any program like 7zip, etc. However, you probably do need to download a different version of VBA or VBA-M because I doubt you are running the same operating system as you were on your old computer and there are different versions depending on the operating system you are running (XP, 7/32, 7/64, etc). So re-download the emulator, making sure to get the proper version for your operating system, and then make sure you are loading uncompressed files and the roms should be fine. You don't need different roms for a different operating system.

As for why VBA-M or VBA, like all emulators different builds have different features. Most of the mainstays work across the board but if you play a lot of games you might find certain ones that prefer one version of an emulator over another. For instance, the rhythm combos in Mother 3 do NOT like emulators at all....but they run much more accurately on VBA-M than VBA. If you are big SNES player then you probably know that some game types need an older version of zsnes. I run both 1.42 and 1.53 (or something like that).  Just like with consoles, having ALL of them is the superior setup. :) Speaking from experience, I can confirm that a save file from VBA will still be able to be used on VBA-M.

Also emulators are not illegal. Downloaded ROMS are illegal. You are perfectly within your rights to create your own backup copies of content you already own.

They took down all the Nintendo ROM's because Nintendo asked them to.

Yeppers. Downloaded ROMS are illegal not quite usually until you have burned them than sold them. Well I found new VBA file somewhere else. Pokemon Fire Red Version & Final Fantasy dawn of souls i'm glad I have them.

NEW FLASH VBA is still Crashing & idk why. Tactics advance & Dawn of souls now.

Any help I would appreciate it.

Edited by SirNikolai