6 month subscription is cheaper than 3 months subscription

MMDE

Yeah, when sales doesn't make sense... I will list in the currency of my country, but it's the comparison of the prices that matters here!

1 month - 22,50 NOK (at 10% off)

3 months - 44,10 NOK (at 10% off)

6 months - 41,00 NOK (at 50% off)

Yes, of course a 6 months subscription cost you less than a 3 months subscription...

Oh, and they got in-game currency packs you can purchase, and they make totally sense too...

7k - 36,90 NOK (10% off)

18k - 73,80 NOK (10% off)

40k - 64,50 NOK (50% off)

Yes, of course 40k cost you less than 18k...

Let's not forget that you must purchase heroes etc too.

You'd think this game had a platinum, but nope, this is a PSN game, with a PSN game trophy list... Is this really something you will be playing over 6 months???

It's all about margin, what they can cut, and what long term gains can they get from a promotion. If you've been using something longer, you're more likely to keep using it. Reference: any habit.

Lots of people would never go past the first promotions, but this makes them consider the better value of the most expensive being just a little bit more than they were going to spend with a whole lot more in return. A bit of psychology, which is what most marketing is. 

This sale makes sense to me.

• 1 month later...

You'd think this game had a platinum, but nope, this is a PSN game, with a PSN game trophy list... Is this really something you will be playing over 6 months???

I have been playing this game daily for 2 months now. MOBA games are very addicting but ofcourse not for everyone.

It actually makes a lot of sense.

The same works for PS+ subscription or any other subscription.

This way you have a longer comitment to the product.

This is not how the PS+ subscription works. Please do show me where you can get a 6 months subscription for less than what a 3 months subscription cost. I've not multiplied the prices, the 6 month actually cost less than 3 months, which means it's more than twice as expensive.

Had I taken into consideration how much 6 months would have cost if I bought 3 months:

44NOK*2 = 88NOK

The 6 months cost 21NOK...

Both are on sale at a discounted price btw. I'm like WTF, why would you go with the 3 months, when 6 months cost less, not just per month, but total. This would have been explainable had only the 6 months been on sale at a discounted price, but that's not the case, both are set down, and yet the 6 months are less than only going for the 3 months... :S

Edited by MMDE

This is not how the PS+ subscription works. Please do show me where you can get a 6 months subscription for less than what a 3 months subscription cost. I've not multiplied the prices, the 6 month actually cost less than 3 months, which means it's more than twice as expensive.

Had I taken into consideration how much 6 months would have cost if I bought 3 months:

44NOK*2 = 88NOK

The 6 months cost 21NOK...

Both are on sale at a discounted price btw. I'm like WTF, why would you go with the 3 months, when 6 months cost less, not just per month, but total. This would have been explainable had only the 6 months been on sale at a discounted price, but that's not the case, both are set down, and yet the 6 months are less than only going for the 3 months... :S

I didn't wish to state that one 6 month subscription was cheaper than one 3 month subscription.

I clearly misread the topic since I was trying to state that one 6 month subscription is cheaper than two 3 month subscriptions

I didn't wish to state that one 6 month subscription was cheaper than one 3 month subscription.

I clearly misread the topic since I was trying to state that one 6 month subscription is cheaper than two 3 month subscriptions

Yeah, I kinda figured. Like, I get this pricing if it was like you thought or if it was just the case that the 6 months was on sale at a discounted price, but both 6 months and 3 months are discounted, and yet 6 months cost less than those 3 months alone. :S Sure this makes people more dedicated and they keep on playing etc, but why the 3 months more expensive at a discounted price. :S Is it to make people feel like they get a bargain???

Edited by MMDE