German DLC with U.S.Game?

TSR2000

Hi,

maybe this question is already solved, but I don´t want to search the whole forum for an answer.

I just bought Muramasa Rebirth as an U.S.-Version. I want to know, if the DLCs from the german PSN-Store will work with the U.S.-Version of the game.

Thanks for answers. 

Edited by TSR2000

But can I change my PSN-Region somehow? Or do i have to create an US-account? As far as i know the vita can only handle one profile. Is it possible to create an US account for example on PS3, download the DLC and use it with my german vita account?

Thanks for your replies:)

I've tried to change my region before. Sony won't let you. You can change everything about your account apart from PSNID and Region. So I'm stuck with a US account even though I'm British. It's a pain.

Also. Vita only allows for one account. I used to used my UK account on it but it wasn't progressing any trophies etc on my main account so I switched. You have to buy everything on that one account. There's no double accounting like we can do on PS3/4. I bought LittleBigPlanet Vita in Sainsbury's for £8 in a sale and bought DLC on my Vita, but because the DLC was US the game didn't recognise it... I had to buy the game again, for $20, on the US store...

It's an unfair system that they don't really explain to you at the start.

You'll have to get the German Game for DLC bought on your German account. Or you can try doing what I did an using a secondary account for Vita, but as I said I gave up on that because it was progress on the wrong account, even if I did enjoy playing the games.

Hope I've been some help. :)

But can I change my PSN-Region somehow? Or do i have to create an US-account? As far as i know the vita can only handle one profile. Is it possible to create an US account for example on PS3, download the DLC and use it with my german vita account?

Thanks for your replies:)

i had the german version of sleeping dogs on ps3.

the DLC was only available at the UK store, so i downloaded it from the uk store and was able to play the dlc on the german account. but i dont know if it works for ger & us ... dont blame me if it doesn't :lol:

Edited by Alexi-Sama

i had the german version of sleeping dogs on ps3.

the DLC was only available at the UK store, so i downloaded it from the uk store and was able to play the dlc on the german account. but i dont know if it works for ger & us ... dont blame me if it doesn't :lol:

I think they both count as European region which is PAL, whereas US is NTSC, so PAL stuff doesn't work for NTSC. Who even knows what to do for Asian games!? :P

I think they both count as European region which is PAL, whereas US is NTSC, so PAL stuff doesn't work for NTSC. Who even knows what to do for Asian games!? :P

It's not to do with PALvNTSC. It's to do with the fact that Sony Computer Entertainment has 3 different subsidiary companies overseeing US, Europe and Asia separately.

• 2 weeks later...