Will Destiny of Spirits be affected by Near shutting down?

Gretchen27

Since I've recently acquired a vita I have yet to get the Near app to update or do much of anything. Considering it's never been of use to me, as the title says: Will Destiny of Spirits go down with Near or does it have its own GPS system? 

Also if DoS does still work is there any reason why I should or should not give the game a try? Besides the fact it's one hell of a grind.

The devs tweeted that it will not affect the hunt ingame around the same time people started to ask this.

As for reasons to not try DoS, don't know, it's a hell of a grind and they are starting to make advanced (paid) spirits more and more overpowered, to convince people to spend money on the game, but it's still possible to kill everything in the game without paying at all (just depends on the amount of grind you can handle..).

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

I don't mind the grind so much; but I'd probably never 100% it. My problem being the 30 day log in. Just seems like a good game to play for an hour or so once in awhile. 

Is there any offline gameplay or is it strictly online? That's probably gonna be the deciding point for me because I do more offline gameplay than online.      

Edited by Gretchen27

I don't mind the grind so much; but I'd probably never 100% it. My problem being the 30 day log in. Just seems like a good game to play for an hour or so once in awhile. 

Is there any offline gameplay or is it strictly online? That's probably gonna be the deciding point for me because I do more offline gameplay than online.      

Online only, absolutely no offline options. The 30 day log in will be the least of your worries. Max 100 spirits and free all areas are not for the casual players and are about as grindy as you can get.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's not online in multiplayer, just needs to be connected to play. Only like two trophies require interacting with other players (and you don't need to add them on PSN, DoS is separate)